Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

One great but rough nite for me last nite.  Think I survived but not sure. 

An amazing 2 hour ride w/a 5 time grammy award winner?  It went waaaay too quick.  Yea, I'm beat up but would do it all over again.  lolol

image.png

Amazing sound w/that resonator.  

image.png

That modded Strat?  Seriously good!  :)

image.png

Tonight, Grand Rapids then Detroit.  Better get ya some!  :)

Good job on the pics @MeloManiac One place I'd be honored to walk around in.  Thanks brother.  So very poignant to me and I'm sure others.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Ahhhhh started settling in and didn't have to think about a thing.  Y'all know what's goin down here already.  :)  Can't say enough good things about the venue.  Ya just don't get a real ticket to anything in this computer generated world today.  Half the fun of it is forgetting the tickets and turning around to go get 'em right?  😂

Gotta have sumpin to sign just in case too.  :)  70 year old guys will sign ANYthing or am I wrong?

image.png

Keb' Mo' is the second studio album by Delta blues artist Keb' Mo'. Commonly thought of as his debut, the artist previously released an album in 1980, Rainmaker, under his birth name "Kevin Moore" (of which "Keb' Mo'" is a variation).

20230804-181921.jpg

Half-speed mastered?  12 Nominations for Grammy's winning 5 times?  It's killer!  Don't know if being signed makes it any better today but it's another one for the "spatial" crate sittin in there.

https://www.billboard.com/music/country/keb-mo-good-to-be-album-1235020539/

^^^^^^^^  A bit from Billboard magazine on his latest lp "Good to Be" a double gatefold FULL of great stuffs!  Another 3 of 4 sides lp, which he heard about!  😂

20230804-190619.jpg

Getter get ya sum cause me thinks you're gonna likey.  Crank it up and check him out!

He wasn't gettin outta there alive w/me leanin on that lamp post beside his tour bus.  He didn't have to pick my brain cause there isn't much up there to pick but I gave him a song that's been stuck in my head for 50 years.  He's thunkin I know cause he was questioning me about it.  He's just the kind of guy who would do it justice cause the guy I wanted to give it to is now gone.  Old guys.  We're spatial af.  Now I wait to see if he runs w/it down the road.  It's on him now and I told him as much.  I couldn't write a song if my life depended on it.  lol  Prolly sell a billion copies and I won't get squat.  I'm good with that though.  Kinda maybe.     😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hey @Marvel lookie what I found.  She's TOTALLY steppin up her game from the first album.  "City of Gold" is a pretty amazing listen.  She's been "learnin" hangin w/the big guns like Billy Strings for one and just crushed this one.  Love it when someone new just keeps grindin til she's comfy and havin fun killin it wherever she goes.

I'd mentioned before she played up here at Blossom Music Center but didn't find much in the reviews so I made a phone call for the scoop.  The crowd loved her was what I was told and they're bringing her back asap.

What a shocking contrast to her frist lp.  She's blossomed just like I thought she would.  Ya might just wanna grab a copy.  Totally worth it imo.

20230804-195924.jpg

Here's the full lp.  :)

:)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Saturday morning spinning 

I just wanted to hear this album for some reason as I kept thinking of it while sleeping?

Can’t argue with premonition 🤪

Sounds great with the Cyrus amp pushing it to the limit 

Artist - Spooky Tooth / Pierre Henry

Title - Ceremony: An Electronic Mass

Album ID - https://www.discogs.com/release/8501208-Spooky-Tooth-Pierre-Henry-Ceremony-An-Electronic-Mass

IMG-4531.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@MeloManiac  just another crazy war costing so many countries so many lives.  Tragic.  You would think a lesson to be learned by all then fast forward to today.  Wild for sure when you look at the big picture.  

Typically there are a few different versions of the "record player" saw some sold for about $250 to collectors then pulled this up on youtube.

Just proves to the world that soldiers are just like we are today.  We need that music "fix" whenever we can get it.  Crazy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Tragic.  You would think a lesson to be learned by all then fast forward to today.  Wild for sure when you look at the big picture.  

Those who instigate wars in history don´t want to learn, and they won´t have to, from their perspective... They are almost never the ones suffering and dying... As such, humanity will never learn, I´m afraid. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3