Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

6 hours ago, AndreG. said:

Pick up only... and I don´t have 300 bugs at the moment (I added the fictional postage.). Plus, what about the other pair? I could dismantle them for parts... yeah... Damn...

I see it as no different to selling a car and purchasing another car 

And it works the same for HiFi gear 

Sell one and purchase the other 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AndreG. said:

@GWSmith You probably know:

https://www.jimibell.com

Yes, Jimi and I go back nearly 40 years now.  He invited me to audition along with our bass player for HOL .  But, that fell through for certain reasons I won't mention here.  ;)  It would have been perfect because they wouldn't need those damn tracks on the iPOD any longer for backing vocals and keyboards because we would have had that covered LIVE.

Just as well, I kept my current job of 34 years now, AND continued with the Neil Diamond show band which I dearly enjoyed and miss since it was retired after a 20 year run due to Covid... :sad:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Wednesday morning friends.  Dark, rainy day today here in my state, with lots of flooding going on EAST of here.  Anyway, Amazon stopped by yesterday and dropped off a new accessory!

I have always loved my D3 - D4 Diskwasher system, but I got tired of carting it between two floors for listening to the different systems.

So, I located this product which is VERY similar, right down to the real wood handle.  This will stay with the U-Turn custom in the livingroom.

I also re-arranged the room a bit and I will share photos for you to take a look at.  Meanwhile, here is the new record cleaning system, with stylus brush, and storage pouch etc.IMG-2850.jpg

IMG-2851.jpg

• Like 4

Here then is the livingroom vibe.  I use a laptop on the glass table  between the two loveseats for streaming via blue tooth into the Bang and Olufsen gear.

Fun, fun, fun :), time to give the new 'Big Fudge' record cleaning system a spin with some vinyl listening. :D

Enjoy your music my friends :emotion-29:IMG-2855.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks for the likes!  I decided to make yet another change.  I will take a photo a bit later.  If you look to the front left corner, you can see an antique corner display stand behind the audio system.   I moved that out for the first time in 17 years!

I moved the audio rack into that corner, and I just ordered a new, minimalist, industrial floor lamp that will shed light over the turntable!  This is a same day delivery from Amazon and should be here sometime this evening.   Once I get that in place, I will send that new photo along and see what you all think.

Thanks for your interest :emotion-25:.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Here then is the livingroom vibe.  I use a laptop on the glass table  between the two loveseats for streaming via blue tooth into the Bang and Olufsen gear.

Fun, fun, fun :), time to give the new 'Big Fudge' record cleaning system a spin with some vinyl listening. :D

very dignified and cozy Gary, good room acoustics and a great collection of Lava lamps, have you already turned them all on at once? That must look crazy good when all Lava lamps are in operation at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Lovely room 

Looks like you are getting ready for the festive season 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, MicroMara said:

very dignified and cozy Gary, good room acoustics and a great collection of Lava lamps, have you already turned them all on at once? That must look crazy good when all Lava lamps are in operation at the same time.

Thank you MM and Paul for the compliments on the 'livingroom' setting.  Yes, I decided to leave the light set on the mantle for the summer.  

Lava lamps.......well, yes, those were usually lighted in full for our dinner parties in the WINTER.  The radiant heat from 1100watts total is pretty incredible.  All that liquid gets VERY hot!   There are actually TWO Mathmos lamps from England in that display, they run on 220 with a special powersupply.  Mathmos was 2 years AHEAD of the Lava Lamp Co.  they started back in 1963, while Lava began in 1965.

OK, the new lamp for the audio 'corner' just arrived via Amazon at this later hour of 9pm.  It is setup and I have photos from my current vinyl spin.  NEXT POST  ;)

• Like 3

Side B in progress, white center label this time....kind of goes with the finish on the UTurn...  :)   This is really a very nice orchestral recording, and Paul as composer (with some help from the sidelines) came up with some beautiful themes here !IMG-2861.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Billy and friends...  I hope to be here more often, now that there are two spaces with turntables and plenty of vinyl in the library to take out.   I am going to head off for the evening.  See you all tomorrow for more :).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2