Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Nothing to be sorry about. I got mine, now I´m committed to get them back into shape. Getting the woofers will cost me, ok. I´ll put on new veneer and change the color of the grill-cloth, maybe. It´ll be some time, but I´ll get there.

Maybe Your friend won´t like them, I can still buy them then. 😉  

• Haha 2

Been a minute for this one.  Actually, about an hour.  😂

Smokin' O.P.'s is the fifth studio album by American rock singer-songwriter Bob Seger, released in 1972 (see 1972 in music). The album was reissued on CD by Capitol Records in 2005. It is currently the earliest Bob Seger album available on CD. The cover art is a parody of the Lucky Strike cigarette logo. Smokin' O.P.'s refers to Smokin' Other People's Songs, a derivation on the slang phrase "Smoking O.P.'s" meaning to smoke other people's cigarettes exclusively (never purchasing your own for consumption). Most of the tracks on this release are covers of songs written by other artists.

20230915-172646.jpg

Gonna have to run this thru the VPI.  It's filthy!  Yuk!  Oh well, just another pile.  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Then this surfacedl  25th Anni Edition is anywhere from 45-200$ new on Amazon.  lol  Glad I got mine a month or so ago.  It's just soooo darn good! 

Dave-Alvin.jpg 

AllMusic critic Mark Deming wrote: "While King of California was often lumped in with the then-fashionable unplugged craze, in retrospect it was the album where Dave Alvin's abilities as a performer began to catch up with his gifts as a songwriter, pointing the way for his later albums Blackjack David and Public Domain."[1]

Double gatefold and both lp's are killer!  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Well I have been busy with work 

But my beautiful wife forgot to tell me I received a parcel but then she remembered at 8pm Saturday night 

To late to clean and play it but plenty of time on Sunday 🤪🤪

IMG-4616.jpg

Good morning/evening friends and CONGRATS Paul on picking adding that to you LP collection.  I have that and 'Rattle that Lock'.  I enjoy them both very much.  Dreamy arrangements at times, and a tribute to the late Richard Wright.  🥲

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GWSmith said:

Good morning/evening friends and CONGRATS Paul on picking adding that to you LP collection.  I have that and 'Rattle that Lock'.  I enjoy them both very much.  Dreamy arrangements at times, and a tribute to the late Richard Wright.  🥲

On his solo works I have 

The first release and On An Island 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

@Full Range  , my doughter arrived in Sydney last night , she went to the sidney opera house and sent me a pic , it´s early springtime downunder now. She will stay a couple of weeks in australia , but I ´dont know her schedule .  I´ll keep you updated

Im sure she will have a great visit 

If she comes up to Brisbane I generally don’t work during the day so she can call me 

I can see the city from my house so I’m really close at 7 Km distance by road 

• Like 3