Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

All the World's a Stage is a double live album by Canadian rock band Rush, released in 1976. The album was recorded at Massey Hall in Toronto on June 11 through 13 during their 2112 tour. Similar to the track "Limelight" from 1981's album Moving Pictures, the title of this album alludes to William Shakespeare's play As You Like It.

According to the liner notes, this live album (Rush's first) marks the end of the "first chapter of Rush," and would mark the start of a trend of releasing a live album after each four studio album cycle. Songs like "Bastille Day" and "Anthem" are similar to their studio versions with the addition of Neil Peart's drum solo during "Working Man".

Rush-All-the-world-s-a-stage-76-in-Toron

• Like 7

Rush-Live-in-Cleveland-2022.jpg

Rush - Live in Cleveland?  No brainer for me!  :)

The Time Machine Tour was a concert tour by the Canadian rock band Rush that began on June 29, 2010 in Albuquerque, New Mexico and ended July 2, 2011 at The Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Washington. The tour was notable for featuring the album Moving Pictures played in its entirety for the first time live, as well as material from the band's then upcoming studio album Clockwork Angels (i.e. the songs "Caravan" and "BU2B", which had been released as a single in early June 2010).[1][2] This tour is one of three where the setlist has been consistent throughout the entire tour, the others being the 1987 Hold Your Fire tour and the 2004 R30: 30th Anniversary Tour. This is also the first Rush tour to not include any songs from Roll the Bones in the set list since that album was released in 1991.

As a tribute to the city that first played their music on the radio, the Cleveland performance at Quicken Loans Arena on April 15, 2011 was recorded/filmed and released as a DVD, Blu-ray, and double CD titled Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland. This is the first official full-length live performance filming of Rush in the United States.[3][4]

Rush-Live-in-Cleveland-2022.jpg

:)

• Like 7

Hello, hello friends!  Great music you are all enjoying this morning/afternoon.   Ok, I am going to join you in a bit with my Linda Ronstadt TRIPLE play.   BUT, since you were all following the speaker rebuild story, I wanted to let you know.....

The CAPS finally came in yesterday and installed, and walnut veneer got their second coat of orange oil.

Here are 3 photos.   Simple cap job DONE.   On the stands with and without grills.  Enjoy, and I will return after some around the home puttering.   And yes, for an old pair of speakers, it is amazing how nice a 12" 2-way system still delivers MUSIC :emotion-29:!  DSCN6179.jpg

DSCN6191.jpg DSCN6192.jpg

DSCN6197.jpg

DSCN6198.jpg

• Like 7

Good afternoon all.  As promised, it is now time to relax with this set of Linda / Riddle LPs.  I bought these at different times off eBay, all were SEALED new old stock.  It really is nice to sit back after a week of anticipation to finish a speaker project and enjoy the music now that it is finally done and realized.  

Here we go! IMG-2991.jpg

'Whats New' now playing, and the inner sleeve artwork.IMG-2992.jpg

......The Superscope S-212's in position.  These things are efficient, yet that 12" handling the bass/midrange is really a velvety sound and that old school paper cone/dome tweeter sits nicely on top.

IMG-2993.jpg

• Like 8

That veneer is especially nice. Not many companies do the grain matching though.

@AndreG.

That's an early copy of that fantastic RUSH LP!! 

Do not know how the cover could be controversial, but it was made boring a few years later. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That veneer is especially nice. Not many companies do the grain matching though.

@AndreG.

Do not know how the cover could be controversial, but it was made boring a few years later. 

You are right, we'll leave that handy craftmanship to Klipsch! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Moving on to 'Lush Life'.   All 3 of these recordings are outstanding!, the liner notes are aplenty with info on the mixing / engineering and arrangements involved.

These pics are of the 'motion' album cover and inner sleeve, and SIDE A on the UTurn.IMG-2994-Copy.jpg

IMG-2995.jpg

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Maybe because of the skirt? But I think at the beginning of the 80´s that should not have been controversial, no? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have no idea why they changed it. Bikinis show more than that! Or was it the dude getting ready to get taken out by the huge violent wave?

But I got that record before they even came to town after it's release!

• Like 4

Side Two up and spinning now.  I am going to take a break after this one and continue a bit later in the evening with 'Sentimental Reasons'.  Meanwhile, enjoy your tunes.:emotion-29:IMG-2996.jpg

• Like 4