Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 3/9/2024 at 4:19 AM, MicroMara said:

I had the same promo copy many years ago as I´ve had worked as a prof. dj . I always received new LPs and maxi singles from the labels as promotional material to communicate and evaluate the audience's response with the labels. I had sorted out this record  😁

You mentioned Prince ..

you´re welcome

I went to a Prince concert at Civic Center in St Paul Minnesota in December 1984. He played a ivory guitar and while playing a solo he was stroking the fret board and a white substance was squirting out the neck. I think it was 7 days straight of sold out concerts.

• Like 4

Just time today...  Chillin and enjoyin just about everything I threw down.  A couple second thoughts but, as usual, it worked.

All the World's a Stage is a double live album by Canadian rock band Rush, released in 1976. The album was recorded at Massey Hall in Toronto on June 11, 12, and 13, 1976, during the band's breakthrough 2112 tour. The title of the album alludes to William Shakespeare's play As You Like It, and would again be referenced by Rush in the 1981 song "Limelight".

Talk about clean as a whistle?  This audiophile copy is all of that and more.  :)

Rush-All-the-world-s-a-stage-76-in-Toron

Permanent Waves is the seventh studio album by Canadian rock band Rush, released on January 18, 1980, through Anthem Records. After touring to support their previous album, Hemispheres (1978), the band began working on new material for a follow-up in July 1979. This material showed a shift in the group's sound towards more concise arrangements and radio-friendly songs (such as "The Spirit of Radio" and "Freewill"), though their progressive rock blueprint is still evident on "Jacob's Ladder" and the nine-minute closer "Natural Science." Bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee also employed a more restrained vocal delivery compared to previous albums. Permanent Waves was recorded at Le Studio in Morin-Heights, Quebec with production handled by the group and Terry Brown.

Rush-40th-Anniv-tour-20.jpg

Pushed myself a bit going with this 2022 remaster of 2112 but it was well worth it!  

2112 (pronounced "twenty-one twelve") is the fourth studio album by Canadian rock band Rush, released in March 1976 by Anthem Records. It reached No. 5 in Canada and became the band's commercial breakthrough in the US, peaking at No. 61.

The band was in financial hardship due to the disappointing sales of 1975's Caress of Steel, which also gained an unfavourable critical reception, and a decline in attendance at its shows. Their international label, Mercury Records, considered dropping them but granted one more album following negotiations with manager Ray Danniels. Rush were pressured to deliver more commercial material, but decided to continue developing its progressive rock direction it had explored on Caress of Steel and made the 20-minute futuristic science-fiction title track occupy side one of 2112, with a collection of shorter songs on side two that display their hard rock roots.

RUSH-2112-2022.jpg

:)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 3/11/2024 at 5:45 AM, Klipsch104db said:

Always take care while dusting 😬

20240310_142840_resized.jpg

20240310_142930_resized.jpg

jug7v2953vn91_resized.jpg

I purchased a rare but with broken and missing boron canterlever an AudioTechnica ATML170 cartridge 

No replacement stylus were available and at the time boron was in short supply

So a few years later boron was more readily available so I sent it away to have it rebuilt 

$500 AU later and its like new again 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 3/11/2024 at 8:53 PM, Klipsch104db said:

He played a ivory guitar and while playing a solo he was stroking the fret board and a white substance was squirting out the neck.

Everybody knows what he ment with that 😂 Ja I do remember this sequence as well , as I have seen Prince Live concerts 3 times in different locations .

• Like 4

Walmart blue vinyl. Not as good as the half speed mastered. Vocals seem toned down. Brad Delp is as much as Boston as Tom Scholz. Still pleasing to listen to. If one is found at Walmart, it's worth picking up. I've seen on Ebay asking stupid money. Pass on those.

20240314_103544_resized.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Klipsch104db said:

Not as good as the half speed mastered

Which one? CBS, Mo-Fi, other? That album is my pet project. I've probably had 25 version of it. Currently probably 10+. Single Wally, Double Wally, Friday Music, Gold Foil promos, blue Epic re-release. Every time I see one in a used record shop if it has a orange CBS label and no barcode I buy it. Side one is pretty iconic in my book. Out of all the high dollar ones I've tried I liked the Mo-Fi the least. Kinda noisy.

Love the blue on your P3, nice!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sittin back watchin the radar.  Got a nasty lil thunderstorm moving thru here.  Complete with lightning and thunder.  Don't get too many of those around here.  I'm ready to stir the pot too.  :)  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, rplace said:

Which one? CBS, Mo-Fi, other? That album is my pet project. I've probably had 25 version of it. Currently probably 10+. Single Wally, Double Wally, Friday Music, Gold Foil promos, blue Epic re-release. Every time I see one in a used record shop if it has a orange CBS label and no barcode I buy it. Side one is pretty iconic in my book. Out of all the high dollar ones I've tried I liked the Mo-Fi the least. Kinda noisy.

Love the blue on your P3, nice!

I have the CBS half speed. The blue vinyl makes the P3 platter glow! This week I watched the Tom Scholz PBS documentary for the first time. I've known he made the Boston debut in his apartment basement for a long time. Watching him go through it on the documentary is amazing! 

• Like 5

Ok friends, short day at work, home from the market and such, time to enjoy some Miles!   This LP was from a local used LP store, I could not resist at only $6 !  I believe this is an ORIGINAL pressing, quiet, scratch free for the most part.   Side A ready to go.  IMG-3091.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2