Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Funny @Mossy bottom I remembered that "Taboo" lp you posted the other day.  The one w/the volcano on it.  Had to chuckle.  You muist be ancient! 😂 😂 😂   MY parents had it.  j/k  j/k  They did though.  I thought it was different but good in it's own way.  I was too busy jammin on Motown!  lolol

@GWSmith  Walter is great.  He lives almost next door to a local guy I grew up with.  He moved outta Duckburg to Texas for some reason years ago.  Lives almost next door to him.  He brought Walter back to Duckburg with him for our Bratwurst Festival when his parents were alive.  lol  The twist was the guys dad was a dentist and he worked on Walter's choppers for free.   Met him several times when he was up here w/Jerry.  That was 50 years ago prolly.  Today Walter's son is playing with him.   He stopped in Cleveland a couple years ago and I almost went up just to bust his balls and check on how his teeth were doing.  hahahahaha  I told Jerry and he said I should have told him and he would have hooked me up.  Think I wouldn't?  You KNOW I would.  He's a great guy.  Yea, kidney trouble or something darn near killed him but man he can bring the heat.  That place he played held about 3k and they were sold out.

Jerry's into old Victrola's in a HUGE way.  Some beautiful pics that I've seen.  Guess he and Walter spend a lot of down time together now too.  Jerry said he has some 76's Walter had made somehow to play on his old stuff.  Crazy.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Funny @Mossy bottom I remembered that "Taboo" lp you posted the other day.  The one w/the volcano on it.  Had to chuckle.  You muist be ancient! 😂 😂 😂   MY parents had it.  j/k  j/k  They did though.  I thought it was different but good in it's own way.  I was too busy jammin on Motown!  lolol

@GWSmith  Walter is great.  He lives almost next door to a local guy I grew up with.  He moved outta Duckburg to Texas for some reason years ago.  Lives almost next door to him.  He brought Walter back to Duckburg with him for our Bratwurst Festival when his parents were alive.  lol  The twist was the guys dad was a dentist and he worked on Walter's choppers for free.   Met him several times when he was up here w/Jerry.  That was 50 years ago prolly.  Today Walter's son is playing with him.   He stopped in Cleveland a couple years ago and I almost went up just to bust his balls and check on how his teeth were doing.  hahahahaha  I told Jerry and he said I should have told him and he would have hooked me up.  Think I wouldn't?  You KNOW I would.  He's a great guy.  Yea, kidney trouble or something darn near killed him but man he can bring the heat.  That place he played held about 3k and they were sold out.

Jerry's into old Victrola's in a HUGE way.  Some beautiful pics that I've seen.  Guess he and Walter spend a lot of down time together now too.  Jerry said he has some 76's Walter had made somehow to play on his old stuff.  Crazy.

Just before heading to bed, caught your post Dave.  Nice story on Walter!  I was very much tuned in when he was on the liver transplant list.  He almost passed away!!  His wife was posting to all his fans to keep us all abreast on his progress.  Happily, a doner came through for him and the rest is history!  Have a great night everyone and thanks for the likes :emotion-29:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh my goodness, JUST checked to see if Post Image was back, it IS !  So, here are my photos from earlier tonight.  Now I am FOR SURE heading off to bed -_-IMG-3143.jpg

IMG-3144.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Here's the Adrian Smith & Richie Kotzen lp.  

Smith/Kotzen is the name of a musical collaboration between musicians Adrian Smith of Iron Maiden and Richie Kotzen of The Winery Dogs.[1][2]

Their self-titled debut album, released on March 26, 2021, was described by the Ultimate Classic Rock as a mix of "blues, hard rock, traditional R&B and more."[3][4][5][6] Kotzen also added jazz fusion elements to some sections.[7] Smith/Kotzen was supported by a first single released in January 2021, titled "Taking My Chances".[1][2]

Both musicians share guitar, bass, vocal, composing and production duties on the album.[1][3][4][5] Kotzen also plays drums on five tracks and Tal Bergman, Richie's longstanding friend and touring partner, replaces him on songs "You Don’t Know Me", "I Wanna Stay" and "'Til Tomorrow".[3][4] The album also features special guest performance from Iron Maiden drummer Nicko McBrain on "Solar Fire".[3][4]

image.png

:)

Yea, it was ALL that!  No wonder I was losing it trying to find a direction!  ll

• Like 3

Wife is at work and I am rocking it up (LOUD) with an album that I is so good and I like every song on it 

Be dammed the neighbours 🤘

What is your favourite song? 

However this may be my last spin for a while as I have a stubborn blocked ear without any pain

Doctor said it is a Eustachian tube disfunction and it will pass on its own in a few weeks (I don’t believe him) 

‘Anyway to explain how it happened -  while swallowing water it went the wrong way and I had a massive coughing fit and that in turn blocked the ear canal (Yes I have tried several manual clinical methods to pop the ear to no avail)

Artist - Black Sabbath 

Title - Paranoid 

IMG-5013.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Lawdy, boys n girls this thing's totally amaze balls!  PWK HAS to be sittin up there laffin at me!  If you don't jiump ALL over this it's YOUR LOSS!  It DOES NOT STOP!  Factor in Beth Hart in the lead song of the lp "Broken" it hooks ya right from the start.  He does nothing but shred and rock.  Transitioning into some smooth blues on side 3 that take ya for a smooth ride w/some stellar guitar and back up work complete with just enough sizzle to hold your attention.  That just only draws you deeper.   Then your right back into some smooth Tejas blues w/amazing lyrics all front and center in "Breathe."  Filppin to side four wondering if it can get any better?  

"Heaven or Hell"  WOW!  Talk about hittin home with the lyrics then factor in the work?  Tellin that story ya never heard but always knew was there? THEN the ride begins?  "We get what we deserve?"  BOOM and a shred right after those words we all know is true?  Crazy!  Slowing it down now w/"I Wanna Stay" and more amazing lyrics?  Last tune is "Falls Apart" and I'm not sayin squat.  Pretty sweet way to close a double gatefold that FLEW by!  It's been a  LONG time since I've heard anything this good.

Trust me on this one.  FIND IT!

image.png

Yea, crank it up and LISTEN.  Helmet on and buckle up cause it's crazy good.  💪  💪

Come on in @Full Range I'll clean that ear out for ya!  Seriously though, feel better and keep us posted!  

Clean Ears Cloth GIF - Clean Ears Ears Cloth GIFs

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Full Range said:

Wife is at work and I am rocking it up (LOUD) with an album that I is so good and I like every song on it 

Be dammed the neighbours 🤘

What is your favourite song? 

However this may be my last spin for a while as I have a stubborn blocked ear without any pain

Doctor said it is a Eustachian tube disfunction and it will pass on its own in a few weeks (I don’t believe him) 

‘Anyway to explain how it happened -  while swallowing water it went the wrong way and I had a massive coughing fit and that in turn blocked the ear canal (Yes I have tried several manual clinical methods to pop the ear to no avail)

Artist - Black Sabbath 

Title - Paranoid 

I'll Play

You know how things change over the years. The ROCK-RADIO FM station we had back then played Rat Salad/Fairies Wear Boots together all the time like they did that pair of Led Zep tunes! 

Of course Iron Man was the reason to get that LP then!

Now?

I'll pull one that the lyric and music stick like bubble gum on one of those darn 100 degree early mornings!

What you gonna do? Time's caught up with you
Now you wait your turn, you know there's no return
Take your written rules, you join the other fools
Turn to something new, now it's killing you

First it was the bomb, Vietnam napalm
Disillusioning, you push the needle in
From life you escape, reality's that way
Colours in your mind satisfy your time

Oh you, you know you must be blind
To do something like this
To take the sleep that you don't know
You're giving Death a kiss,
Oh, little fool now

Your mind is full of pleasure
Your body's looking ill
To you it's shallow leisure
So drop the acid pill, don't stop to think now

You're having a good time baby
But that won't last
Your mind's all full of things
You're living too fast
go out enjoy yourself
Don't bottle it in
You need someone to help you
To stick the needle in, yeah

Now you know the scene, your skin starts turning green
Your eyes no longer seeing life's reality
Push the needle in, face death's sickly grin
Holes are in your skin, caused by deadly pin

Head starts spinning 'round, you fall down to the ground
Feel your body heave, Death's hands starts to weave
It's too late to turn, you don't want to learn
Price of life you cry, now you're gonna die!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

After a long bike ride in the afternoon ...time to relax with some old Soul Vinyl

" Love is the answer " Van McCoy

VanMcCoyLoveistheanswer.thumb.jpg.551696cc61788dc9348eaac2ab845f02.jpg

than The 5th Dimension , some of you may remember that they had lot´s of billboard hits in the late 1960´tees and early 1970´tees

The5thDimensionLivingtogetherGrowingtogether.thumb.jpg.97c3dff5796b0c1c025f414e3b9a167d.jpg

and rtm ...Grover Washington " Come Morning "

GroverWashingtonJr.ComeMorning.thumb.jpg.bee1aec1b2c6aeafa2aecf9f3e2a17a8.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I'll Play

You know how things change over the years. The ROCK-RADIO FM station we had back then played Rat Salad/Fairies Wear Boots together all the time like they did that pair of Led Zep tunes! 

Of course Iron Man was the reason to get that LP then!

Now?

I'll pull one that the lyric and music stick like bubble gum on one of those darn 100 degree early mornings!

What you gonna do? Time's caught up with you
Now you wait your turn, you know there's no return
Take your written rules, you join the other fools
Turn to something new, now it's killing you

First it was the bomb, Vietnam napalm
Disillusioning, you push the needle in
From life you escape, reality's that way
Colours in your mind satisfy your time

Oh you, you know you must be blind
To do something like this
To take the sleep that you don't know
You're giving Death a kiss,
Oh, little fool now

Your mind is full of pleasure
Your body's looking ill
To you it's shallow leisure
So drop the acid pill, don't stop to think now

You're having a good time baby
But that won't last
Your mind's all full of things
You're living too fast
go out enjoy yourself
Don't bottle it in
You need someone to help you
To stick the needle in, yeah

Now you know the scene, your skin starts turning green
Your eyes no longer seeing life's reality
Push the needle in, face death's sickly grin
Holes are in your skin, caused by deadly pin

Head starts spinning 'round, you fall down to the ground
Feel your body heave, Death's hands starts to weave
It's too late to turn, you don't want to learn
Price of life you cry, now you're gonna die!

I get those sometimes. It sucks. I hope that it clears up soon for you.

• Like 3

Had a bit of time today so pulled this out again.  Cloudy here for the E-Klipsch so blah.  Typically Knopfler but "Beryl" is such a great song with an amazing back story.  Wiki Beryl Bainbridge for more info and skim to the last graph.  :)

Tracker is the eighth solo studio album by the British singer-songwriter and guitarist Mark Knopfler, released on 16 March 2015 (17 March 2015 in North America).[1]

Release[edit]

Tracker was released on CD, double vinyl, deluxe CD with four bonus tracks, and a box set with the album on both CD and vinyl formats and a bonus CD with six extra tracks and a DVD with a short film directed by Henrik Hansen and an interview with Knopfler.[2]

Mark-Knopfler-Tracker-1995-remaster.jpg

:)

• Like 4

If you're havin' trouble with the high school head

He's givin' you the blues

You want to graduate, but not in his bed

Here's what you gotta do

Pick up the phone, I'm always home

Call me anytime

Just ring, 3-6-2-4-3-6, hey

I lead a life of crime

Dirty deeds (done dirt cheap)

Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap

You got problems in your life of love

You got a broken heart

He's double dealin' with your best friend

That's when the teardrops start, fella

Pick up the phone, I'm here alone

Or make a social call

Come right in, forget about him

We'll have ourselves a ball, hey

Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap (oh)

Oh yeah

If you got a lady and you want her gone

But you ain't got the guts

She keeps naggin' at you night and day

Enough to drive you nuts

Pick up the phone, leave her alone

It's time you made a stand

For a fee, I'm happy to be

Your back door man, woo

Dirty deeds and they're done dirt cheap (yeah)

Concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT

(Done dirt cheap)

Neckties, contracts, high voltage

(Done dirt cheap)

Do anything you want me to

(Done dirt cheap)

(Dirty deeds)

Dirty deeds, dirty deeds

(Done dirt cheap)

Yeah

Albert Productions