Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Good morning / good evening FR.....   Ok on the KT series tubes ^_^,   these Dynaco (MK3) monoblocks came with the OEM factory installed Genelex 'Gold Lion' 88's....   and dated 11-8-1965  ...   Finally had them tested last week, and they are all GOOD, so I am going to put them up on eBay..   I replaced them with NEW SENSOR Gold Lion replicas..   I got 6 great years out of that matched quad.  

Reading up on the character of various brands, I decided to try the Electro Harmonix which was said to have a warmer sound...   So, I bought a matched quad a few years ago, and they have been wonderful...    Not sure why, but they have the MOST blue glow out of all 3 versions as you can see from last night listening session   :emotion-25:...

Nick, I take it by the shape those are the 'other' model of output tubes ?    Thanks for sharing a nice photo - blue lighting in the room ?

I should be playing some vinyl tonight, so I will come by and visit ...   see you then   :smile:

• Like 3

Just thought to share with the faithful 

I have recently found out about a pre order of the new David Gilmore Live At Pompeii release  

Pre order at this stage   -  http://store.davidgilmour.com/product/X3LPDG02/david-gilmour-live-at-pompeii-4-lp-set?cp=null

Avaiable on CD as well for the digitally minded just search the site 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

IMG_20170722_210449.jpg

I have a copy in the mail from the UK 

This one is the ultimate and best sounding 

First Pressing as per info below 

CAS 1052 uk charisma 1972. Large mad hatter label. B & C credits. Matrix number suffixes: A1U and B2U. Housed in textured cover gatefold cover.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You really need to wean yourself from all that G band stuff...

In about 30 minutes - I will spin something nice for you mate 

Hope that I will surprise you with my selection 

• Like 1

Although they sound American 

This is a debut album by an English Art Rock band that I'm sure everyone has tapped ones toes listening to the tunes at some stage 

Artist - 10CC 

Title - Self Titled 

ID - SKLA-7723 

IMG_7321.jpg

• Like 2