Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

.....I did not play the second album from that set, because I was beckened to move onto Ms. Krall's brand new release, as she has returned to the laid back, breathy jazz styles she is known for :emotion-25:  IMG_5949.jpg

• Like 4

Obviously out of synch with y'all lately, vocal tunes I've got won't match lovely Diana Krall for the most part got my jazz off an old Sunday night radio show we used to have here and a springtime festival that's devolved into jerks plowing folks out of their way with their OCCUPIED baby strollers. Idjiots.

What's left of my Alan Parsons is good stuff, just not enough. Perfect for a cool Sunday afternoon.

app2.jpg

app.jpg

app.jpg

app1.jpg

• Like 5

Good good stuff!

47 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Obviously out of synch with y'all lately, vocal tunes I've got won't match lovely Diana Krall for the most part got my jazz off an old Sunday night radio show we used to have here and a springtime festival that's devolved into jerks plowing folks out of their way with their OCCUPIED baby strollers. Idjiots.

What's left of my Alan Parsons is good stuff, just not enough. Perfect for a cool Sunday afternoon.

app2.jpg

app.jpg

DJ lp's are cool there man...Lot of us have recorded in other formats... Listened to a cd in my car lately only cause it is a Blaupunkdt. Looks like a semi-rare lp to me.

• Like 2

Have this at the cottage but, still over here. Saw them first early 70's at an FSU pow wow with other bands, maybe Ike &  Tina but was a cold night and my wife and our friend Nancy produced a bottle of Peppermint schnapps...was more than welcome. May have been a streaker on the field, outrunning everyone until enough joined in the chase.

Another time, early 80's inside concert at the TCC. Yes, they rock! Listen to it now and then in case of any doubt...

Tres Hombres

ZZ Top:

• Like 3

Always like ZZ any time, any place. They played Charlotte a lot back in the late 70s through Eliminator. Billy Gibbons among my top five favorite guitarists. Clapton & Trower are the others I'll never forget seeing. Shame to see that cover without understanding something that those three friends enjoyed together. Was it fellowship with beer over a cheesy-hot meal?, familys could be held together with less _ _

** It would be easy to say Jimmy Page and Joe Perry were my other most favorites. I did see Roy Clark ( with Arthur Smith) once when I was a kid. Country, and he could literally jam out on anything with strings.

zz2.jpg

zz2.jpg

• Like 3

Lol, very good ! Cannot forget eating my first authentic meal there in Houston in 72. Could not understand the menu but, the food said enough.

Very nice song. Remember it well...:) One of fav. bass players. Already posted some early Clapton here. Trower Bridge Of Sighs album.

In City Dreams...thanks!

• Like 3

Good to see you all here this evening and NOON time for Full Range :)

I HIGHLY recommend this recording...   As mentioned over in RTM, this artist can be seen hangin' with the orchestral musicians where we work during the summer.   I need to have this album on hand next week, as I will be working at Ozawa Hall (Tanglewood) and it would be very cool to meet him and have him sign it :emotion-21:

Sonics on this one are amazing!  IMG_5999.jpg

• Like 3

Over the last week we have had some TV special events regarding Princes Diana and the Royal family 

I suppose this next record could be classed "geeky " but it's a recording of the past 

Presenting  the Royal Wedding in vinyl 

It was marketed as a souvenir collection 

Artist - New Zealand Army Band with the Royal Christchurch Musical Society Choir 

Title - Royal Wedding 

Ownership of this record is possibly eclectic ? You decide 

IMG_7361.JPG

• Like 3

This next record needs no introduction 

It is a favourite but it's the only title I currently have of this band 

In the past I have lent out other titles that never returned so I'm left with #4

Artist - Led Zeppelin 

Title - Led Zeppelin 4

Played in my household on a regular basis since it's release

And I like all the tracks not just Starway To Heaven 

IMG_7362.JPG

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Full Range said:

In the past I have lent out other titles that never returned so I'm left with #4

Artist - Led Zeppelin 

Title - Led Zeppelin 4

IMG_7362.JPG

Few, or possibly no, other band(s) could get away with an album cover in 1971 with not a single word describing the contents or the band.

• Like 4

Good afternoon Paul ...   I see some 'English' composed music on that album !   Looks like good things to listen too...

Well, it is after 11pm., and after a few glasses of my favorite 'juice'............With that I bid you and all a good night from the eastern US.    :)..........................until NEXT weekend......Music Hall is now closed.-_-IMG_6002.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/30/2017 at 11:01 PM, Full Range said:

Artist - Led Zeppelin 

Title - Led Zeppelin 4

Good for you that you learned that hard lesson before that particular lp. Music and my tools I don't even lend to family anymore, not out of selfishness but preservation after years of loss.

• Like 2

I am continuing my spinning of the Moody Blues in year of release order 

This release is more mellow and more vocals 

I would describe it as very melodic and calm in a prog sort of way 

Artist - Moody Blues 

Title -.On The Threshold Of A Dream 

Label -  Deram

ID - SMLA 1035

IMG_7371.JPG

• Like 3