Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

So as everybody has shown his record collection here once ..I didn´t had it done so far ...just a third of my collection from records and a third of my CD`s only to see here, the rest remains in the above gallery from my musicroom

records.thumb.jpg.8f8f7e0babc432b3e1cc10f0d87fb37c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

How the heck do those nice chimes ever get a breeze?

* think my bookshelf speakers cranked doing their Floyd right now could do it!

i brought them from thailand, they sound really beautiful, in summer they hang outside

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My mother had some about that size, I will put them up somewhere this year hopefully then cry when I hear them the first time again!

Have you heard the ones as thick as your arm and three feet long and longer at a nursery before! Magnificent and thousands of bucks too.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Have you heard the ones as thick as your arm and three feet long and longer at a nursery before! Magnificent and thousands of bucks too.

No I don´t ...but have seen those in Thailand

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

My mother had some about that size, I will put them up somewhere this year hopefully then cry when I hear them the first time again!

We had a pretty long set growing up that @Marvel had made out of some light galvanized metal tubing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

We had a pretty long set growing up that @Marvel had made out of some light galvanized metal tubing.

I believe it was 1 1/2" EMT. A friend of mine had built a few sets of chimes to sell, and had the correct lengths to use so they sounded somewhat melodic. They weren't pretty, being galvanized steel tubing, but they sounded ok. Only four in a set, and I think the longest piece was close to three feet. We had a metal clapper for it, and it was LOUD if there was much of a breeze.

We currently have a set of aluminum chimes, also big, that sound really nice. Can't recall exactly, but I think they are in a pentatonic scale. They came from Hobby Lobby...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yea the ones that get into baritone territory start to have a $$ sound to them.

The set I saw with the $10k tag had some over six feet long. They let you set it in motion, but if a child was there an employee infringed quickly! It was on the periphery of Myers Park, the old money part of town.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Again a lausy day......grey , wet and cold , like we used to have it here in January anytime. So spinning some music , that´s the best to be in a better mood . Boz Scaggs with " Silk Degree " 1976 , CBS Records

Boz.jpg.f8df38c3484345542dd46c9018498281.jpg

• Like 4