Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@Full Range listened to the vid or maybe it was just audio of that Leo Kottke last week I think. He can surely play the guitar. And finding out how good my chunky turntable with a decent cartridge sounds with the new Forte IIIs I'll look for him when I go to the record store on the blvd tomorrow.

Every Leo Kottke album is different but all are a treat to listen to 

I always make a short description comment as a guide 🎶

Its a good idea to have a sample listen to see if you like one over another 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to break things up 

A  jazzy release by two artists 

Quite a detailed and intricate recording featuring only two instruments 

Artists - Patric Moraz & Bill Bruford 

Title - Music For Piano And Drums 

@Tigerman you appreciate Jazz and would like this album a lot 

IMG_7553.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guess since I started the week with "Android Warehouse" by Steely Dan in the late 60s I'm stuck in the best decade of R&R for several days.

@billybob man I've spread the word about these Forte IIIs almost since before I got them, but since in the threads here, also Audio Advisors .com with some excellent AudioQuest cabling. To condense what was said is hard. Compared to 30 yr old Heresy IIs, wonderful bass, better mid & high range field of depth, the new mid horn is fantastic for dispersing an improved driver, tweeter is titanium without harshness. Not the depth you would get from one of the big folded horn Heritage speaker sets yet very impressive for what's sitting here! The entire rig I've got now has been rebuilt completely since last fall. The original system I put together in the early 90s. Loving it, want to get it in the big room but the Yamaha I've got out there is now refusing to give up the ghost.

Before my system reproduced music very well.

Now my music does not sound as if it has been reproduced at all.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good evening! looks like you all have been having a ball. Fine music last pages I caught up on. Over at the Loveshack in T-Townwhere my TT is so, while icing down a couple of delicious beverages, finally have Creedence Double  GreatestLP to get my Chorus and  my rarish 45 wpc int amp warmed. Several things @JohnJ 1st did not realize I guess but, Forte 3, alright. Will look for your review sometime to hear your impressions. As for J Geils, I can recognize MajicMike and Geils but, not in that photo, lol. Saw them in T-Town in 84. About lost my voice screaming at J telling him what to play. Some of us like them early on as party music back in the 70's. May post one I posted here awhile back

Next on to a

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Guess since I started the week with "Android Warehouse" by Steely Dan in the late 60s I'm stuck in the best decade of R&R for several days.

@billybob man I've spread the word about these Forte IIIs almost since before I got them, but since in the threads here, also Audio Advisors .com with some excellent AudioQuest cabling. To condense what was said is hard. Compared to 30 yr old Heresy IIs, wonderful bass, better mid & high range field of depth, the new mid horn is fantastic for dispersing an improved driver, tweeter is titanium without harshness. Not the depth you would get from one of the big folded horn Heritage speaker sets yet very impressive for what's sitting here! The entire rig I've got now has been rebuilt completely since last fall. The original system I put together in the early 90s. Loving it, want to get it in the big room but the Yamaha I've got out there is now refusing to give up the ghost.

Before my system reproduced music very well.

Now my music does not sound as if it has been reproduced at all.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Lol,  Sounds like I will review. Anyhow, trying to have fun in Florida.

That Clapton  is why I listen to Clapton.  he did some more good work in S. Fl

Nice pics also.

• Like 2

-Standing Hampton

Sammy Hagar

Geffen  Recs:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 006.thumb.JPG.17c03ffeec72f8b4ad662af6015148cd.JPG

• Like 2

Looking really good John, thanks for the equip. photo !

Paul, that is a recording I did not know existed!  (the two men of YES)....  I should see if that is on Spotify and give it a listen :)

Enjoy your day and evening of music my friends, more tonight from Music Hall as ever :emotion-29:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Paul for all those very nice 'likes'.   Glad you stopped by to check all that photo stuff out...   I am amazed at how clear they look!   But, it is what I like to share over in RTM....   So, it the concert starts at 8 pm. in Berlin, what time would that be in your zone ?   (I'm too lazy to look :blush:)....

OK, must be breakfast for you at this time.....   I will be spinning some vinyl again tonight....   :emotion-21:

Later my friend........

• Like 1

Continuing with Leo Kottke again 

This album will hit a nerve with almost everyone 

Majority of the material is a theme of mostly about betrayal and death 

So this would be Leo's Dark album 

Artist - Leo Kottke 

Title - Burnt Lips 

IMG_7557.JPG

•  
  •  
  • Like 2

Hello Paul..........thanks for those Bruford suggestions,  I will take a listen with the Spotify account, I have heard about his Jazz stylings...

Meanwhile, I just pulled this out of my library, have not heard in years.......  Very good as usual, David Foster at the helm ;)   IMG_7001.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

.This is the SAME label that Dan Fogleburg recorded with

I also like Dan Fogleburg 

Best album from when I was a young fellow was with his friend Tim 

Dan Fogelberg / Tim Weisberg, Twin Sons Of Different Mothers 

Picture.aspx?width=300&height=300&id=198

• Like 3