Scott Joplin...time to rest and look forward to Pilgrimage!

Mallette

Wow.  What a weekend!  Seems Regional Music Heritage Center is here to stay.  Attached the Texarkana Gazette's "wrap" article on the weekend.  They printed a LOT more over the weeks leading up, including an editorial supporting our efforts.

Of specific Klipsch interest, I played back the 1954 PWK recording of the Robert H. Morton theater organ that was then still functional on the Klipsch professional systems with sub and it was the first time in over 60 years that instrument, now resting in catacombs below the theater, had been heard in that space.  The sound was incredible and very, very real sounding.  What a surprise!  The genius of Eargle at the keyboard, PWK at the recorder, and Roy Delgado's speaker designs.  No way that can't be special.  I believe this will help get that instrument out of the basement and back in the chamber it belongs in. 

Dave

GazetteSunday.pdf

• Like 1

Incredible weekend of great music.  I am beginning to post some excerpts at our FB page for those interested.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/197453620586240/ is one.  Others on the RMHC YouTube channel and more as I get them up.  The one in the link should give an impression of just how well the Klipsch pro speakers performed even though the recording is from a simply Sennheiser stereo coincident mike on a camcorder. 

Dave

On 4/5/2017 at 3:08 PM, Mallette said:

Of specific Klipsch interest, I played back the 1954 PWK recording of the Robert H. Morton theater organ that was then still functional on the Klipsch professional system.

Will we be able to listen to this recording at the Pilgramage this year?