Halley's comet meteor shower tomorrow

dtel

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Woods is a good place. Thanks dtel, had not heard yet...will be alooking.

Shot from my cot on my Cossatot property last year on a moonless night.  Lots of trees except over the main camp.  Hope there are some in this sector!  However, there is a field not too far away if it looks promising. 

Dave

Heavens.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Shot from my cot on my Cossatot property last year on a moonless night.  Lots of trees except over the main camp.  Hope there are some in this sector!  However, there is a field not too far away if it looks promising. 

Nice to have a field nearby just in case. Hope it comes into the main camp POV. The idea of a cot or hammock appeals to me quite a bit.

Would be nice alright. Looks like a nice twilight place. Good looking and thanks for the shot!

13 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Dave

Heavens.jpg

that's a cool shot !

• Moderators

That is a good looking picture, I liked it from when I first seen it.

1 hour ago, billybob said:

The idea of a cot or hammock appeals to me quite a bit.

It really is the perfect way to watch, your in the right position, and your comfortable, it's perfect for looking at the sky.

Where I plan to be, it's why I say it's a perfect position.

yard-2.JPG

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 hours ago, JJkizak said:

Do you all have meteor helmets for protection?

JJK

Will aluminum foil work ? :blink:

Ok so not being a morning person at all, I went out last night at around 2 am, he problem was the moon was still up and lighting up the sky. It was going to be close to sunrise before it got past the horizon enough to make a rel difference. I would think people East of us had better luck having the moon set earlier.

I did see quite a few faint shooting stars and a couple of good ones, but realized I was not going to stay up late enough to see it at it's best so I gave up. I would have had to stay up to almost sunrise and I was already catching myself falling asleep in the hammock so I chickened out. I was thinking if I fall asleep I will wake up with the sun beating on me and very surprised.

I didn't even think to check where the moon would be when I first read about it being last night, it was not a bright  or full moon but surely enough to lighten up the sky.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, billybob said:

If I just had an upside down kamikaze and a hammock. Thanks!

I don't have that problem because they always hang along the side of the bar where the pond is. Being where they are you can only get in from one side and many times I just sit in them, so that side is stretched out more and the other side is higher, you almost couldn't fall out the other side, it would be very hard. That pole in the pic was put there just to hold hammocks, and there is a spot for 2 more under the bar from poles for the building.

I have a collection of hammocks, probably 8 or more, I get at least one sometimes more (2 last trip) when we go on cruises to islands, $20 each so I have plenty spares when I wear one out it's replaced. I love them things.

hammmock90.gif

• Like 2

Lol, Hammock Central. Think I do remember us speaking before about them awhile back. Always going to try one out after many years. Yeah, I could probably show you how to fall out backwards on the stretched out one, after a couple of delicious beverages.

Always a free hammock then depending.

Yeah, saw some moonshine some last night. Will look anyways in case. Am east of you of course.

Guess I will look at the trees around here for hanging one...thanks!

• Like 1

• Moderators

It is relaxing, I use a 15'  long heavy duty headphone cord to an i pad or phone to the stereo out there to control the music and volume from the hammock, the wifi works great out there.

My wife calls it my office, but it's better than an office, no work ever gets done out there. I have to say building that in the yard has been the best thing I have done in a long time, I never would have thought it would get used as much as it has. 

• Like 2

Yes I guess it was a very good thing. Recall now some of the interior shot of the Tiki Bar(?). A lot of hours in that build. Thinking you still have the Heresys out there and overcame the squirrel/cable situation here not too long ago. No, almost everything within reach, except coffee. No wait, bet you have a travel mug for that.

• Moderators

Dang you got me, in a hammock now with I pad and coffee just to the side where I can reach it, your good. I can prove you had a good guess...pic.. The bar top is full of pollen and dust, never touched it since before last week in Hope, probably should wipe it off.

I did see another squirrel in the bar a few weeks ago, he was knocking over some things off a shelf as he walked across. I got one of those giant rat traps and set it where he crossed, hoping it would at least scare him. It's been up there for weeks now and no sign of of him.

image.jpeg

• Like 2

That looks like I remember. A bit of dust gives it character I say. Glad no pests are around. Figured you wouldn't be too far out of reach of your Community Dark Roast w/ chicory(?) Looks better than Tikis I have sat at in PCB or Daytona.

Remembered those pesky ducks that ate your peppers(?) around front, even how you took care of the situation...still laughing here...:lol:

And for good measure, got a Corning coffee cup years ago, very similar, except for mine is seafoam color. Drinking a 1/2 cup now.

Dang, you and the wife have a good one...:emotion-21: