Car Thread

burninator

@wuzzzer... makes me wonder why now, just after oil change. Are you going to have a problem getting Jeep to the repair dealership with an oil leak, without damaging engine.

Ran into a problem with a transmission cooler which usually resides in radiator on my Volvo. Placed cooler outside near in front of engine fan for cooling.

Yes, rentals crazy higher. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

@wuzzzer... makes me wonder why now, just after oil change. Are you going to have a problem getting Jeep to the repair dealership with an oil leak, without damaging engine.

Ran into a problem with a transmission cooler which usually resides in radiator on my Volvo. Placed cooler outside near in front of engine fan for cooling.

Without comment, some information:

https://www.jeepcherokeeclub.com/threads/did-the-dealership-break-my-oil-cooler-should-i-pay-for-it.239184/

1 hour ago, billybob said:

It happens very often if the oil filter is tightened too much, especially in cold weather like the single digit temps we’ve had.

BUT, I have to admit that my assessment was wrong!  I put a piece of cardboard under my Jeep last night and it was dry this morning.  I checked the oil level, perfectly fine.  I took a paper towel to the spot on the driveway and it had a dark red hue to it - transmission fluid!  Ironically that’s actually a good thing!  My wife’s Wrangler had a transmission fluid leak that we had fixed a little over a week ago.  We got some snow a few days ago and after it melted it made the spot in the driveway look like a fresh leak.

So, we’re still going to take my Jeep and I’ll bring a couple quarts of oil just to be on the safe side (which I think is a good idea on any road trip).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billybob said:

And some basic tools, water, flashlight, and tranny fluid.

Have a great trip... @wuzzzer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Car rentals are out of the question with prices like they are. And they'll never decrease. I hope they lose millions. I am so sick and tired of the unabashed greed from American business. When coupled with the decline in quality and service I see profits continuing to drop no matter what the price.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, geezin' said:

Car rentals are out of the question with prices like they are. And they'll never decrease. I hope they lose millions. I am so sick and tired of the unabashed greed from American business. When coupled with the decline in quality and service I see profits continuing to drop no matter what the price.

Unfortunately I just saw that Enterprise had their second most profitable year ever in 2023, 2022 being the second most.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geezin' said:

When I was pricing out rentals, an AWD crossover such as the Volkswagen Atlas was $2,000 per WEEK to rent.  Plus taxes and fees!

• Sad 1

Had a 72 OLDS 88. It had a 4 speed hydromatic and shifted smooth as silk. Shifted out of first gear at 10MPH. Also 2 ply rayon tires that road like carpets. Even the doors shut real smooth.

JJK

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Saddest part is when all these great designers go software replaces them. And IMHO the results are best case mediocre. Worst case hideous.

R.I.P. Marcello you will be missed.