Hurricane Donations

jimjimbo

For those that are able, I encourage you to make even the smallest donation to Hurricane Harvey relief.

One of the best ways is to donate through your employer, many of whom are matching the donations.

And, WalMart is actually doing something even more aggressive, where they will match, and then match again any donations.  Example:  you donate $50, they will donate $150.....And it goes to the Red Cross.

• Like 1

We've been conducting donation drives and relief asset collection since Wednesday.  Our organization has been largely geared towards the animal aspect, but we just sent down two truckloads plus a U-Haul worth of supplies that should be getting there tonight.

Any relief is still relief.

• Like 3

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

With all the neighbors helping neighbors you point this out as representing the best Texas has to offer?

I was being facetious. 

But not to fear, the Texas Attorney General has issued a "strong warning."  I would prefer to see lawsuits and fines paid.

Texans are awesome, the best.  

Some of the people who do business here, not so much.

Edit: and now I see I have it in wrong thread, I thought it was Hurricane Harvey thread.  

please donate to Red Cross.  

• Like 1

• Moderators

I heard Red Cross had some troubles a year or so ago, but has come back strong to correct them.

Here is an article about charities,  I don't know how accurate it is.

http://deadline.com/2017/09/hurricane-harvey-charity-donations-warning-tips-1202157862/

@Jeff Matthews @CECAA850 do you know of local charities or national ones that are being touted as giving the most bang for the buck and in the right places?

• Moderators
38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

All I've heard is Red Cross.

There's a list somewhere on the Web that shows how much of your donated dollar actually goes to the end recipient.   Can't seem to find it on my phone.

I found this article informative.

http://wjla.com/news/nation-world/donating-to-relief-efforts

I'm splitting between a family go fund me (3' of water, no insurance because realtor told them it " never has flooded there'" and that was probably true), United Way of TEXAS, National Red Cross and Catholic Relief Charties.

Carl does your son have a Gofundme or is in need of anything?

Travis

As a "plus", Wells Fargo Bank is offering a convenient means of donating.

I went to my ATM today and the Welcome screen had an option to donate from any account directly to the Red Cross, emphasizing that 100% of the donation would go to the Red Cross. That was enough to convince me to donate. Making it easy to do was a bonus.

• Like 2