@ Members / Posters You Miss

TasDom

3 hours ago, Deang said:

My two best internet friends don't like each other very much ...

Mark and Craig are awesome people, and I miss their posts.

I know Mark really pissed off Chad and Corporate -- but he was just trying to make a point -- who owns/controls their content?

Mark is one of the most amazing human beings I've ever known.

Shit, I need to call Craig -- it's been a while!

35 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i had some decent conversations with Mark.  We started off butting heads years ago; but, eventually managed to have non-confrontational discussions. He was interesting to talk to. 

Mark is very bright.  I enjoyed his posts, and miss him.  I think a little abrasiveness shouldn't bother us.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

you’re right. i didn’t find him abrasive ... just stubborn; but, then so am I. :D

I liked Mark D a lot. I never personally found him abrasive. He always answered my questions thoroughly and thoughtfully. He seemed to know a great deal and was willing to share that knowledge. Craig was/is fantastic on the forums and off. I think the community as a whole is poorer with the discussions that would always result gone. Now it all seems to be a bout sequential serial numbers :rolleyes:

I know my system is better because of both of them. If not for my Blueberry Extreme and VRDs (plus products form both that have left me) I'd probably have some crappy Mac gear (ducking):P

• Like 2

I got in touch with Maxg during the run up to the last election. He's still in Greece, doing vacation packages, etc.

Miss Mark a bunch, never figured that one out. A group of folks here chipped in an gave me (and late wife) a Merlin preamp... a sleeper if ever there was one. I later acquired a BBX, but sold it off. I'm keeping the Merlin. I'll never forget the generosity of folk on this forum... :emotion-21:

Bruce

• Like 3

When Mark and Kelly Holsten went round and round over the Eico HF-81, now that was golden. 

Mobile Homeless would wax on about how "organic" and natural sounding the HF81 was, not unlike his 2A3 Moondogs.

Mark would come back and bash him with comments like; "Made from tabletop radio parts." One of many...

What happened to Zeno? (sp?)

• Like 3

Just looking through the 2-channel system thread and it was a who's who of forum all stars. DrWho (Well thought out posts), Scott0527 (super guy), Picky (friendly beyond belief), Chicago_Pete (always cool, never a d!ck), Mike Lindsey (gear buying machine). All posting on the same page. Ah the good old days - now get off my lawn!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1