Should we petition for a convention?

WMcD

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inquiring minds want to know, "Does "indie" music originate from "Indy"?

I vote for the convention in Indianapolis in June.

I'll be happy to show off the wallet sized photos of my La Scala's to anyone who is interested. But the innards are in "my private collection of photos".

"Hey mister, ya wanna see a picture of my squawker?" 6.gif

• 1 month later...

The courteous thing to do is to write to the company and request an "audience". We want to be exceedingly courteous since we are, in effect, inviting ourselves to someone elses's "house". In addition, we would ask for a tour of the facilities, if available. We should also arrange a social gathering and invite the corporate officials to be our guest so we can reciprocate their hospitality. We did something similar last time. While I wrote the last letters, I had lots of help and behind the scene coaching. I cannot claim the work was mine. I am willing to do it again, or assist someone else.

The first order of business is to select 2 dates in one month and offer either as possibilities for a tour/visit.

I'm wondering whether the weekend after Memorial Day or the following two might be a good target. My thought is that following the 500 there will be a lull in demand for travel and hotel accomodations. Also, some of our members are students and this is the start of summer vacation without it being in full swing.

Of course we are also looking for the Klipsch LLC schedule. Maybe the PR machine has some event for which they would like an audience.

Gil, in Chicago, where it is a cold as the the bronze tails on the lions in front of the Art Institute. But it is always like that.

Whew. I was worried. A month ago I thought this thread would fall apart due to the arguing.

Guys as crazy as that could have done a lot of damage to their own before they got to us. Anything we can do? Oh yes there is. I want to go up. Winds are gonna let up a tad in the next couple of hours. Cant condone it myself but its a short haul. An hour here an hour back. Doc, Ill give you the lift.

FORGET IT BUGSY!

Hey, thanks for thinking about though.

MacReady! GET YOUR GEAR ON! 9.gif

• 1 month later...

I would love to show up but imagine how it would look if I was to meet a bunch of audiophiles to socialize in a civil manner, enjoying eachothers company and share life experiences and knowledge.

PGH has some valid points.

Nah i am going to have to pass on account my frineds and I are planning on flipping over a few cars and painting our names on the side of buildings that weekend.15.gif