March Madness NCAA basketball 2017-2018

DizRotus

I just read the last 3 pages, wish I had that 12 minutes back :mellow:

A couple of upsets already, I have a feeling a few more are coming.

Neil, did I hear correctly that the B1G tournament is coming to Detroit in a few years?  I know Chicago will host in 2019 and 2021, Indy in 2020 and 2022.

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Neil, did I hear correctly that the B1G tournament is coming to Detroit in a few years?  I know Chicago will host in 2019 and 2021, Indy in 2020 and 2022.

I haven’t heard that yet.  It makes sense, so it’s probably “fake news.”  Where did you hear it?

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

I haven’t heard that yet.  It makes sense, so it’s probably “fake news.”  Where did you hear it?

I was at work but listened to the Purdue game on the radio. The Purdue announcers were very impressed with the new Little Caesars Arena, and a guy with the last name of Smith was the Detroit sports director (not sure of his title) He said they're expected to host the B1G tournament. He gave a nice interview promoting that arena and the city. It's the only arena in the country to be open 24/7, for access to quite a few restaurants and bars inside. He also said over 100 new hotels have been built in the area. Smith met these announcers in NY at the B1G tournament, and invited them for a tour of the local Detroit sports scene. He also said Detroit was the only city in the world where you're within walking distance of four major sports venues (Red Wings, Lions, Pistons, Tigers) I'm glad they're making a comeback.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

What, you don’t enjoy it when the children squabble in public? :(

No

• Thanks 1

Syracuse kept the string alive of at least one “First Four” team winning its second game.  To my knowledge, only VCU was able to advance from the First Four to the Final Four.

Syracuse plays a zone defense.  Duke’s zone defense gave the Spartans problems at the beginning of the season.  If MSU’s whole team plays to it’s potential, they can beat anyone; if they don’t, they could lose to anyone.

Watch for shots of Dave Bing and Derrick Coleman in the crowd at LCA on Sunday.