Record Rant &$#*&!

rplace

4 hours ago, rplace said:

I'll have to give that a read. I've got a VPI cleaning machine, but have been using the Disc Doctor fluid only for some time.

Good stuff, but will NOT deal with the issues I described that Neil's Magical Mystery Goo fixed like magic.  In my case, I suspected some rogue airborne or other substance had bonded to the disc and nothing, including hot water, Ivory liquid, and a chamois would fix.  I suspect the original culprit was Discwasher fluid past its sell by date though that is just a theory.  I loved it so much I kept it for 20 years and was about to trash it when Neil appeared with the Williamson formula.  I was stunned at suddenly hearing what sounded for all the world like a brand new perfect record.  

Bonus is the lifetime anti-static property.

Dave

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mallette said:

Good stuff, but will NOT deal with the issues I described that Neil's Magical Mystery Goo fixed like magic.  In my case, I suspected some rogue airborne or other substance had bonded to the disc and nothing, including hot water, Ivory liquid, and a chamois would fix.  I suspect the original culprit was Discwasher fluid past its sell by date though that is just a theory.  I loved it so much I kept it for 20 years and was about to trash it when Neil appeared with the Williamson formula.  I was stunned at suddenly hearing what sounded for all the world like a brand new perfect record.  

Bonus is the lifetime anti-static property.

I've been going back and forth between the @DizRotus post and your testimonial post linking to his. I'm sold...but still a bit confused. I need the Cliff Notes version to get all the moving parts in place. I'll reread and see what I need to do next.

I've got quite a few that look so good I think it has to be something deep down. Even more so now that I've heard your results. I'd love to be the lucky one hitting the record store after DizRotus sells them back.

My belief is that if it CAN be cleaned of everything except the music and vinyl, this stuff will do it.  If it fails, make a Frisbee out of it.  Yes, acquiring the chemicals and making it is a bit daunting but doable.  Neil can provide you with leads on suppliers and such.  Using has something of a learning curve, but failure will not hurt anything and you'll get it on second or third try.

Dave

14 hours ago, billybob said:

Is this the one with as you say an orange label on the vinyl...:

No that is the 2nd album. The first one looks like below and on the label it will say PE 34188. Also in the dead wax, the area after the music and before the label, it will have stamped in it Mastered By Capitol and hopefully scratched WLY or Wally. Sounds silly I know but there are tons of different copies of this LP. The one mastered by Wally Traugott thus the WLY in the dead wax is what I am after.

Grateful to anyone that could help out. If you see one in a record store slip out the LP and look for WLY in the dead wax. Thanks! BillyBob the one you have above I actually have with WLY in the dead wax. It sounds really good with only a bit of surface nose. I'm hoping that Neil's magic LP cleaning trick makes that one perfect once I assemble the magic potion.

boston-same-epic-pe-34188-us-pressing-vi

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rplace said:

No that is the 2nd album. The first one looks like below and on the label it will say PE 34188. Also in the dead wax, the area after the music and before the label, it will have stamped in it Mastered By Capitol and hopefully scratched WLY or Wally. Sounds silly I know but there are tons of different copies of this LP. The one mastered by Wally Traugott thus the WLY in the dead wax is what I am after.

Grateful to anyone that could help out. If you see one in a record store slip out the LP and look for WLY in the dead wax. Thanks! BillyBob the one you have above I actually have with WLY in the dead wax. It sounds really good with only a bit of surface nose. I'm hoping that Neil's magic LP cleaning trick makes that one perfect once I assemble the magic potion.

boston-same-epic-pe-34188-us-pressing-vi

I get on that.....

https://m.facebook.com/ReImagineRecords/

hopefully this is the one ?!!!

https://m.facebook.com/ReImagineRecords/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

this just vpi cleaned with a poly liner

and the original liner...i will go tomorrow..and check it out...

https://m.facebook.com/ReImagineRecords/photos/a.458119567667678.1073741827.458111457668489/1244499412363019/?type=3&source=54

• Thanks 1

No facebook for me, last guy on the planet and kind of proud of that. So I can't check them out. There are a gazillion copies of the LP, it is nothing special. My point of the thread was by just sheer numbers you would think I'd have found a decent copy by now. How can they all be bad of this first Boston and Some Girls while the rest of the used LPs I find are mixed in success and failure.

My 40th anniversary showed up from Sound Stage Direct on Friday. Too busy this weekend to give it a go yet. I'm sure it sounds great like the last Friday Music 180g release. Probably just the same disc re-pressed on blue vinyl.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rplace said:

No facebook for me, last guy on the planet and kind of proud of that. So I can't check them out. There are a gazillion copies of the LP, it is nothing special. My point of the thread was by just sheer numbers you would think I'd have found a decent copy by now. How can they all be bad of this first Boston and Some Girls while the rest of the used LPs I find are mixed in success and failure.

My 40th anniversary showed up from Sound Stage Direct on Friday. Too busy this weekend to give it a go yet. I'm sure it sounds great like the last Friday Music 180g release. Probably just the same disc re-pressed on blue vinyl.

just go on the link...you don't

have to be a Facebook looser..

it was put on their shelve nov2

and it was vpi cleaned...the price

might be $8-12 ...what copy I have no idea..they also do discogs.....

Thanks. Link does show cover. No description or anything for me. Last Tuesday, 10/31, I picked up 2nd pressing of that Boston LP JE 34188 not PE 34188 and a first pressing of Some Girls COC 39108 with all the faces, die cut, bla bla bla and both were noisy even after cleaning with my VPI record cleaner.

If you are local to that place and heading there, please give any and all of them they have a look for the catalog number and Capitol/WLY in dead wax. Greatly appreciated.

42 minutes ago, rplace said:

Thanks. Link does show cover. No description or anything for me. Last Tuesday, 10/31, I picked up 2nd pressing of that Boston LP JE 34188 not PE 34188 and a first pressing of Some Girls COC 39108 with all the faces, die cut, bla bla bla and both were noisy even after cleaning with my VPI record cleaner.

If you are local to that place and heading there, please give any and all of them they have a look for the catalog number and Capitol/WLY in dead wax. Greatly appreciated.

just give me the info of exactly what

your looking for....and I will do it myself......