Tizman

Adjusting AA crossover to reduce squaker volume

" And moreover, who really cares?  "

A guy that buys an old car with original tires will be in the same situation as original caps in his vintage Klipsch speakers.

• Like 1

" And moreover, who really cares?  "

A guy that buys an old car with original tires will be in the same situation as original caps in his vintage Klipsch speakers.
And speaker molesters

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

This has really spiraled out of control.
All I was sugesting was to shelve the old crossovers and have new ones built by a respected member.

Thanks jimjimbo and djk for the clarification on how to use the existing AA components to drop the midrange.  I'm goint to put it on a switch and see how it works out.  On a switch, I can have it both ways.  Switching the capacitor value and using a different tap on theT2A is  more like the original configuration's setup, so I will try that first.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 9:00 PM, avguytx said:

That's funny. So do you have 40 year old receivers running stock caps too?

One does.  :-)  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, avguytx said:

Sinner....  ;)

I was a sinner as well.  I bought some Carver stuff in the early 80's and never touched them.  The amp voted for a recap one day when it refused to play anymore.

• Like 1

Oh, I've been there for sure.  I've got $100 or so in new caps and other parts for a Sony STR-6060F receiver (their first S/S receiver) that I'm going to redo after I'm done with  the Belle's and Macintosh MC250 fix.  The Sony works....but the caps are original 1967 caps so....

I've got a Carver M-1.0t that's been "upgraded" to the MkII Opt 002 and is a great sounding beast now.  That's my Spring and Summer amp since it doesn't heat up the room like the VTA ST-70 can.  Also have a completely rebuilt Carver M-200t that I replaced all the caps on, main filter caps included, plus new terminals, etc.  I hardly use it at all but I have a TX2 tuner and am trying to find a reasonably priced Carver C2 to match them to go in the garage to replace a newer Yamama surround receiver for 2-channel duty.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, Skelt said:

And speaker molesters

So that's what "audiophile" means...

• Like 1