CF-4 Incoming!

vasubandu

19 minutes ago, T2K said:

I've got a brand new pair of 84th Anniversary Klipschorns in Foolswood finish that have never been opened. Distress sale for $2400 delivered. My Paypal account # is BR549. Might entertain lowball offers.

Funds will be there in the morning.  How could I be so lucky?  Khorns from the future, sweet.  Patience is key.  Someday, I'll find some heritage gear that's worth it, someday...

Question for everyone while we are on the LaScala point.  I watched a video of @Youthman opening some Forte III, and I was amazed at how little protection they had.  It looked like  cardboard inserts in all four corners.  In terms of telling the packing company how I want these shipped, what kind of protocol makes sense? I would have expected Styrofoam inserts like for receivers.

The plot thickens.  This is her response to my email

Matthew - I have no problem you doubting that I have these speakers. I was hacked using PayPal using in the past. Since I was hacked, I vowed not to use them again. I would have preferred a check but I'm always busy with deliveries. I understand you being wary we not having done any deal in the past. But I can advise there's absolutely nothing to worry about. I don't force buyers to buy from me with fear. Instead I make them buy with confidence. If you don't feel comfortable, you are free to pass. The photos they are talking about were used as reference on audio mart. The original 2-1/2 inch port tubes will be included should one want to change them out.

P.S Please when dealing, I don't like involving a third party. If you are interested in my speakers then, you are to talk and make a deal with me.

Thanks

K Stovall

I am not sure what "the photos "were used as a reference on audio mart" means.  And shucks, she did not send me those port pictures. But she says I have nothing to worry about so I think I will send her the money.

2 hours ago, T2K said:

I've got a brand new pair of 84th Anniversary Klipschorns in Foolswood finish that have never been opened. Distress sale for $2400 delivered. My Paypal account # is BR549. Might entertain lowball offers.

I'll take 'em, retail plus ten percent if you'll throw in some matching Foolswood battery powered speaker wire.  :emotion-21:  :)

I don't have Paypal, let me send you my bank routing and account numbers...

37 minutes ago, vasubandu said:

The plot thickens.  This is her response to my email

Matthew - I have no problem you doubting that I have these speakers. I was hacked using PayPal using in the past. Since I was hacked, I vowed not to use them again. I would have preferred a check but I'm always busy with deliveries. I understand you being wary we not having done any deal in the past.

But I can advise there's absolutely nothing to worry about. I don't force buyers to buy from me with fear. Instead I make them buy with confidence.

You see?  All that worry for nothing as she clearly states "there is nothing to worry about."  She would NOT have stated that if it weren't true because everyone knows, women don't lie. 

She would prefer a check?  Check and check!  Please send a cashier's check her bank in Nigeria, made out to "cash."

/sarcasm

Seriously, half of what she wrote made NO sense whatsoever.

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

Seriously, half of what she wrote made NO sense whatsoever.

You are seriously misunderestimating how little sense she made.  And she did not prefer a check. She would have preferred a check, but she still wants Walmart money. I am thinking of offering to just fly down there and pick them up personally.  Sacramento is 20 miles away.   I could fly to Sacramento round trip for $139 on Southwest later in February.  and I could check them on the return flight with me.  So what is she going to say to that. I will give her $800 in cash, so she will get more because no shipping.  This is going to get interesting.

So this is what I sent back to her.  Now what will she say? She hates cash?

Thanks for your email.  I have a bit a strange idea. I have had speakers damaged even with pallet shipping, and I always worry about that.  Your area code puts you in the Sacramento area.  I have tons of Southwest Airlines miles that I never use, and they have flights between Seattle and Sacramento for $69 anyway with advance purchase, so it would not use miles anyway.  I confirmed with them that I can use miles for extra baggage, so I could just fly down there and pay you personally.  I would gladly pay you $800 for them, and you would save the cost of shipping, so we would both win.  I can even box them up so you don’t have to be responsible for that.  Seattle is dark, gray and wet this time of the year, and I could use a few days of sun anyway.  You may think that I am joking, but we have had over 8 inches of rain this month. Any excuse to take a break for a few days is a Godsend.

1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

she still wants Walmart money. I am thinking of offering to just fly down there and pick them up personally.  Sacramento is 20 miles away.   I could fly to Sacramento round trip for $139

Or you could just send the $139 to me and not fly to Sacramento.  B)

Think of it as my fee for keeping you from getting beat up and robbed of $800 in Walmart money, whatever that is.  

19 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Or you could just send the $139 to me and not fly to Sacramento. 

I see what you are doing.  Then you would use my #139 to fly to Sacramento and buy it yourself.  Nice try, but I am too sharp for you.  I am going to get those speakers for myself.

Her response to my offer to fly down and pick up the speakers

Sounds like a great idea! Unforltunately, I’ll be leaving for Greece few days from now on a short business trip. I hate that you emailed me so late. I’ll be gone for close to 3 month. Sorry, I’m afraid we cannot make a deal. The last option I have is we do 50 50. I receive half payment and I ship out. When you get these speakers, you send me my balance as soon as possible. I have the original boxes for the speakers and and my shipping experience has been very perfect. I have have no issues with that. I have a UPS who handles shipping for me so no problem on shipping damage. I’m trusting you on this. Let me know if that’s okay and you can proceed with payment. 

So now she will be content with stealing only $400 from me.   Sooooooo very tempting. Or not. But since she is leaving for Greece in a few days, she can't sell them before she goes, so why not fly down when she gets back. It will still be rainy in Seattle.  And just so you know, it does not rain all the time in Seattle.  We have a wet season and a dry season.  Wet is November through mid-May. Dry is mid-May through October.  Little known fact: Seattle gets less rain during the baseball season than any other major league city outside of Arizona and California. Not that any of that matters, but it is 2:20 a.m. and I am still working.

i only skimmed over this long thread but my .02 is this is definitely a scam.  not sure if i missed it but if you have a phone number why not just call the seller & discuss details?  that will at least give you a better idea or feeling of who they are & if they are legit... emails just allow them to mask who they are or feed you a line of BS, which is what these people do, they hope to trick or fool a person into trusting them.  & walmart money is so unsafe, no protection for you at all,  a friend of mine just paid for an automotive part with walmart transfer, the guy picked up the money & he never heard from him again... he even callled the walmart where it was sent to & they pulled the video of the guy getting the money but said there is nothing they can do, he would have to contact his local police dept who would then have to deal with the police dept where the money was sent & even then would have a very hard time finding or prosecuting the person.  like was mentioned above, legal fees & time & hassle to pursue that would cost more than the money they stole from you. 

or if she wasnt conveniently leaving for greece in 3 days maybe a member here is local to them & can check them out & buy them on the spot before she leaves.?? if not, i say let this deal go, sounds way to fishy to me.

It's the wrong time of year for an academic trip to Greece. Rule that out.

There's no pull of government operations in Greece. Rule that out.

Barring her great aunt Sophia dying...there's no reason for her to be in Greece for 3 months really. Lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, vasubandu said:

I see what you are doing.  Then you would use my $139 to fly to Sacramento and buy it yourself.  Nice try, but I am too sharp for you.  I am going to get those speakers for myself.

Dang, you're on to me.  Are all lawyers that smart?  :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great idea! Unforltunately, I’ll be leaving for Greece few days from now on a short business trip.  I hate that you emailed me so late. I’ll be gone for close to 3 month. Sorry, I’m afraid we cannot make a deal.

Greece?  She's leaving for Greece for three months for a "short business trip?"  That doesn't sound right.

Three months is a long business trip.  Hmmm.

So now she will be content with stealing only $400 from me.   Sooooooo very tempting.

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.  Now's the time to pay her off with those Blockbuster Video VHS gift certificates you've been saving for just the right occasion.

32 minutes ago, EPICKLIPSCHFAN said:

like was mentioned above, legal fees & time & hassle to pursue that would cost more than the money they stole from you. 

Legal fees not a problem, our friend vasubandu is a lawyer.  He has himself for a client.  :emotion-21:  :D

i only skimmed over this long thread but my .02 is this is definitely a scam.  i say let this cf4 deal go, sounds way to fishy to me.

I think Mr. vasubandu has got this one pretty much figured out.  B)

As a rule of thumb, anyone using Walmart for payment is running a scam.  Most (not all, but most) craigslist ads that ONLY have a g-mail account as a means of contact are scams.  Anyone that had a bad experience with pay pal is normally a scam as well.  Of course there's always exceptions to the rule but as of yet, I've yet to see a Walmart payment method that wasn't a scam.

18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Most (not all, but most) craigslist ads that ONLY have a g-mail account as a means of contact are scams.

OK, granted, we've seen quite a few of these problems with gmail.  However, more and more people are migrating over to gmail due to issues with hotmail and other providers.  Caution with anyone (especially on CList) should always be the rule, no matter their email provider......

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

OK, granted, we've seen quite a few of these problems with gmail.  However, more and more people are migrating over to gmail due to issues with hotmail and other providers.  Caution with anyone (especially on CList) should always be the rule, no matter their email provider......

That's why I emphasized ONLY.  If they use a g-mail account and provide phone, text or address, normally they're oK.