In case you forgot....38 years ago today...

jimjimbo

Back then we got the morning paper thrown on the front porch. After reading about it I saw a few of those games that team won including the championship over the Russians. Liked hockey ever since. Hard thing is realizing the difference in our society since then.

Remember the pride......and everyone talking about that big win for days afterwards??

& I've always lived in the South!

Took the `Canes going to the Stanley Cup twice and winning once for them to get a smidgin of coverage around here. Back then it was all Smith, Valvano & Krzyzewski  that got their teams covered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Back then we got the morning paper thrown on the front porch. After reading about it I saw a few of those games that team won including the championship over the Russians. Liked hockey ever since. Hard thing is realizing the difference in our society since then.

Remember the pride......and everyone talking about that big win for days afterwards??

& I've always lived in the South!

Took the `Canes going to the Stanley Cup twice and winning once for them to get a smidgin of coverage around here. Back then it was all Smith, Valvano & Krzyzewski  that got their teams covered.

The game we beat the Russians in was not the championship game, the winner of that game played Finland for the gold, which we won.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The game we beat the Russians in was not the championship game, the winner of that game played Finland for the gold, which we won.

Whoops!!!

Well heck it felt like a championship.... at least I remember that right. Hate being corrected.... but if the shoe fits.....

Thanks, and I've seen the Miracle movie in the tv guide recently, maybe I need to watch that again, been a long time. I'll go find it and set it to record next time it's up!

• Like 1