Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
rockhound

Share your road trips!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, rockhound said:

Back to road trips..............

Good idea, it's no big deal in the end, let's move on please. Thanks 

 

We have a road trip next weekend but not to pick up speakers but to go work on the museum in Hope, and harass Chief Bonehead. And to go out to Rodney's to talk about Pilgrimage details, plus I'm hoping to fish a little with Roy, it's not hard to talk him into fishing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

They are made in different finishes... Other than black

No, raw or I think that one panel on the front can be a different wood.

If it were me I would order either raw or black depending on the look I was going for, and when I got them I would get some veneer and add that one piece myself, if you didn't want veneer they also sell 1/4" plywood in all type of nice wood, that may be a little easier than veneer ? Doing that yourself would be much cheaper than Klipsch doing it I would think. It's only one rectangle on each one and the panel behind cannot be removed anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just catching up today as my main house PC has lost it's hard drive apparently. I thought I was doing the right thing by making backups and doing what Microsoft said to do but my tech guy says their system images are not very good. Made one a week and a half ago and thought I was covered but apparently not. I had a ton of things on there I thought were safe. Told him I needed to hire him to teach me what to do so this never happens again. There are third party aps which will do it right he says so on I go. For those who have asked no I have not fired anything up yet. They are in a large neat pile though and now I am back online with my laptop I will post a picture of the pile.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have made some roadtrips. Some much longer than my last one for Klipsch speakers.

Approximately 40 miles rounder. LaScala's were a deal off of craig's local list. Posted

here in alerts but as the day wore on, I was the one who got them. Still look at the local

Florida craigslist. You never know...:emotion-44:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, billybob said:

Have made some roadtrips.

Passed through your whole state a couple of months ago, Orlando, Palm Beach, Miami and Key West. And I thought the drivers were bad around New Orleans, it seems the further South you go in Fla the worse it gets, it's like Indy 500 and bumper cars combined. :o:lol:

 

But it was a fun trip, we had never been South of Cape Canaveral before this trip.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dtel said:

Passed through your whole state a couple of months ago, Orlando, Palm Beach, Miami and Key West. And I thought the drivers were bad around New Orleans, it seems the further South you go in Fla the worse it gets, it's like Indy 500 and bumper cars combined. :o:lol:

 

But it was a fun trip, we had never been South of Cape Canaveral before this trip.

 

Wow, Remember your trip and the room service at a lovely spot you two were at. Been as far as Marathon as recall but yes, it is a job to just begin to do the speed limit. Wrote about the Tampa to Fort Myers interstate race. Traffic sucks you into drafting. Coffee can help, but not too much anymore. Have had to have a couple of cups late at night for Klipsch road trips. Maybe they are heading south to pick up Klipsch.:lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, billybob said:

Coffee can help

If coffee doesn't help... Your in trouble...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I would post a picture of the pile-o-stuff in the shop. It was a job getting it all unloaded and in.

DSC_0015.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Thought I would post a picture of the pile-o-stuff in the shop. It was a job getting it all unloaded and in.

DSC_0015.JPG

What's that a short stack 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a pic of the LaScala pair not long after shoehorned temporary setup. They cleaned up nice except for DIY badge misplacement from previous owner and someone left a minor burn mark from a cig or something and a couple of watermarks on top of one. Not perfect but, I can live with the bargain.

2 college guys loaded them for me and some electronics into a 2000 Volvo wagon. It was plug and play.:

 

 

DSC00780.JPG

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billybob said:

Here is a pic of the LaScala pair not long after shoehorned temporary setup. They cleaned up nice except for DIY badge misplacement from previous owner and someone left a minor burn mark from a cig or something and a couple of watermarks on top of one. Not perfect but, I can live with the bargain.

2 college guys loaded them for me and some electronics into a 2000 Volvo wagon. It was plug and play.:

 

 

DSC00780.JPG

I don't like you anymore.... Lol.. Nice I'm glad that you

Got them....

 

Now tell us what you think about them....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billybob said:

2 college guys loaded them

Are you sure it's a "cigarette" burn...   :ph34r:

 

Very nice, Enjoy!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Are you sure it's a "cigarette" burn...   :ph34r:

 

Very nice, Enjoy!

Billybob drop it on the speaker .. When the collage kids

Passed it to him...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Seed burn.

At least there's no water rings from the bong. :P

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

couple of watermarks on top of one.

 

3 hours ago, TasDom said:

At least there's no water rings from the bong. :P

 

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Dats rite!

Only from Carl's cocktail shaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×