Huey Lewis cancel's tour due to hearing loss

rebuy

• Moderators

I had never heard of meniere's disease, but it does sound like similar symptoms that someone had here a while back.

" Ménière’s disease is a disorder of the inner ear that causes severe dizziness (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and a feeling of fullness or congestion in the ear. Ménière’s disease usually affects only one ear. "

https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/menieres-disease

On 4/13/2018 at 1:54 PM, dtel said:

I had never heard of meniere's disease, but it does sound like similar symptoms that someone had here a while back.

" Ménière’s disease is a disorder of the inner ear that causes severe dizziness (vertigo), ringing in the ears (tinnitus), hearing loss, and a feeling of fullness or congestion in the ear. Ménière’s disease usually affects only one ear. "

• Moderators

I don't remember who it was here but they were having vertigo and dizziness and muffled hearing a while back, like only a couple of months ago, and it wasn't from a fun weekend . Now some have had these symptoms just from Pilgrimage, I know I did for a little while when I tried one of Carl's mixtures a little early in the day.

2 hours ago, dtel said:

I had a coworker that had it in our office. Even if a delivery truck drove by out front she would grab her head in pain.  Apparently she could only take in very little salt in her diet as it added to the problem.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 3:54 PM, dtel said:

Perhaps most famously, the astronaut Alan Shepard had Meniere's Disease.  That's why he was grounded before getting a Gemini assignment.  He had experimental surgery for it, was cured, and then was gunning for Apollo 13.  NASA brass had him swap flights with Apollo 14 since he didn't have enough training yet.  So, Al Shepard commanded 14 and walked on the moon.  Because he bumped other astronauts by injecting himself into the rotation, he ticked off a bunch of those other guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1