The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
AHall

Jube/1802 - The Ultimate 2.1

The system sounded so good with factory components I was hesitant to change anything. But I trust that the experiences I’ve read on here of members that have changed the HF compression driver for a higher quality unit to be true. 

I had my heart set on TAD 4002, but they are unobtainium. And when you do find them, they are grossly expensive even used. I weighed my options and did as much research on the topic I could bare. The next best candidate for the money seemed like Faitalpro 20at. They are discontinued though. While you can get them, they are very rare. Even though people have gave testimony how great they are I figured I would try Radian 950pb’s. I liked the idea that I could upgrade the diaphragms in the future to beryllium when money allows. There is so little info on how drivers perform. And so many variants in room and system that you really have to take everything with a grain of salt. I was told by a dealer the Radian was slightly better in his opinion and his staffs opinion than the 20at. Being that they were similar priced I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. 

I know I would be happy with either and that I will never know what the other sounds like. But this time next year it won’t matter which driver was better after I get the new diaphragms 

t4cCsPW.jpg

4qnwHdg.jpg

IjKfbkn.jpg

• Like 2

Nice!  I saw the "treatments" on the wall....looked at the next picture and it turns out one of the treatments is a Cornwall!!  Nice (it slipped right past me at first)

Do you really find that Heresy workable in the middle?  

Really??

I once had an Academy between two LaScalas and found it laughable (I realize the Academy 'ain't no' Heresy)  Still I ended up selling all three of them (three Academy's) because I found them next to useless when working next to the LaScalas.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AHall said:

The system sounded so good with factory components I was hesitant to change anything. But I trust that the experiences I’ve read on here of members that have changed the HF compression driver for a higher quality unit to be true. 

Anything can be tweaked, sure....  but lest someone who's never heard a stock Jubilee.....  they are still no slouch out of the box.

Even a Porsche or Ferrari can be made to go faster....  aside from that.....you still have a Porsche or Ferrari.....  smile about it!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Nice!  I saw the "treatments" on the wall....looked at the next picture and it turns out one of the treatments is a Cornwall!!  Nice (it slipped right past me at first)

Do you really find that Heresy workable in the middle?  

Really??

I once had an Academy between two LaScalas and found it laughable (I realize the Academy 'ain't no' Heresy)  Still I ended up selling all three of them (three Academy's) because I found them next to useless when working next to the LaScalas.  

It actually works very well as a center and keeps up surprisingly well for what it is up against. It’s not a 100% seem-less transition for movies, but 99% of people would mostly likely consider it good enough. I will still be building a mini jube for the center. K510 with matching radian driver, with a belle-ish bass bin. Unless a 402 falls in my lap. In which case I’d probably do up a MEH.  

• Like 2

Still loving this setup. No new changes worth mentioning. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, rockhound said:

@AHall are those DIY acoustic panels?

Yes they are. Rockwool inside frames.