La Scala & Klipschorn now $2000 EA not far from Hope on CL

avguytx

Wow....these are a little pricey but I guess you can live whatever pipe dream you want to.  Not far from Hope, too.  Odd...   No affiliation or interest.

And the Klipschorn is a copy they say.  I wonder if the camera date is right and these pics were taken in 2004.  ha  Looks like they haven't been cleaned since then for sure.

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-speaker-la-scala-and/6604758242.html

00V0V_l7bzAyeWgya_600x450.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:16 AM, wvu80 said:

So each pair of LS and Khorn clone is $3000, but if you want both pair, it's $6000!  What a deal!

Uh, no.

I had to read the ad a few times. I think he implies that the Khorn was designed as a clone to the LaScala. He has no clue, just throwing a number out there. Offer him 2500 for both pair, as I like to say with crazy pricing, "You're going to die with those. All he can do is say no and then wait for a buyer that doesn't exist at those prices

Mark 

32 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I had to read the ad a few times. I think he implies that the Khorn was designed as a clone to the LaScala. He has no clue, just throwing a number out there.

I know what you mean, but with my own questions added to the mix.  I'm sure there is story there and the ad continues to be more than a bit confusing to me.  He left a link to the Klipsch.com museum with the url pointing to Australia.  I'm sure it was due to a Google search, but it just seemed a bit odd.

In different places in his ad he has managed to misspell "LaScalla" and "Kllipsch."  Again, just kind of odd.

No two Klipsch owners have the same journey nor the same experience.  Hopefully this is a Seller who is just moving on from what he he has.

25 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Low Distortion so I would think they would not be good for a rock band... 😀

However, the Seller recommends them to those of you who own auditoriums...

They would be great in a club, music hall, auditorium, etc. also..

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

All the clubs in LA have klipschorns.   That's what all the kids are into nowadays 

Really?  Too bad they have no idea what the backstory and history of the speaker and the company is all about.

I'm quite young.  I caught onto KLIPSCH LONG ago when I first heard a pair of LA scalas at my unlces place.  I have been quite enthusiastic about the heritage line since then.   I JUST went to THE SHOW, hifI audio show in Irvine yesterday.  BS aside, the horn speakers were the best.  I have pictures but they are too large for this here forum.   The BEST I heard were JBL everest with berrilyium drivers.   Wow.... 

12 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm quite young.  I caught onto KLIPSCH LONG ago when I first heard a pair of LA scalas at my unlces place.  I have been quite enthusiastic about the heritage line since then.   I JUST went to THE SHOW, hifI audio show in Irvine yesterday.  BS aside, the horn speakers were the best.  I have pictures but they are too large for this here forum.   The BEST I heard were JBL everest with berrilyium drivers.   Wow.... 

What is the entry cost of the jbl's ?

The audio store I worked at about 30 years ago bought a pair of the JBL Everest D55000 i think it was. They ordered them after seeing them at the Summer CES show in Chicago. We had them run off of a pair of Adcom amplifiers and was the first time I really heard Top Gun and it was a staple of what we demo'd to people which helped us sell a LOT of L60, L80, and L100T's.  And a few pairs of 250's.