La Scala II's

Deano1974

2 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

Gary, sorry if i'm naive what does INW mean 

In no way. 

As in: "Good horn loudspeakers are in no way honky."

Which is how the late U.S. Senator Inouye of Hawaii said, with a smile, was the correct way to pronounce his name.

• Like 1

Sits back and grins...  Havin some fun yet Deano?  [emoji23][emoji23][emoji41]
Hi Dave a few words below to explain how I feel and what I'm hearing

a full report will be posted over the weekend

Space around instruments is amazing, detail wow, imaging wow wow wow, timbre is spot on, clarity mind blowing

I went through the 3 stages of audiophile recovery

1 - Oh my goodness
2 - Kept laughing
3 - Seriously

At the end of last night = Mind Blown

febac3ab04f1bb115a6432aa008ca8a2.gif

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

• Moderators

I'm glad to hear that, it is a different sound from many other speakers which sometimes tends to scare some people off, especially if they have been use to the laid back polite sound of some speakers. Lascalas as much or more than other Klipsch have that forward live sound, truthfully much more live than most speaker brands out there. 

It really should be about sounding live and less about sounding like the recording.

Have fun

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Deano1974 said:

Space around instruments is amazing, detail wow, imaging wow wow wow, timbre is spot on, clarity mind blowing

4 hours ago, dtel said:

It really should be about sounding live and less about sounding like the recording

I agree it should be about sounding live, and I'm very glad Deano mentioned "space around the instruments," because that captures one of the best characteristics of Klipsch fully horn loaded loudspeakers.

As to "sounding like the recording," nobody knows what the recording sounds like, not even the original mixing engineers, because they, too, are listening on loudspeakers.

The best bet, IMO, is to make recording + "front end" + amplification and processing + speakers + room sound like live sound, with it's dynamics, absence of distortion, vitality, etc., and all of the live sound I've ever heard has been at least moderately bright, and, as a friend is fond of saying, "free floating"  much like what one can get with La Scalas, Belles, and Klipschorns.

• Like 4

On 7/3/2018 at 2:59 PM, babadono said:

Them is purdy.

That's funny!  I was thinking exactly that, in exactly that way! 

That's how we talk in West Virginia.  Do you think that's how they talk in New Zealand?  😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, garyrc said:

As to "sounding like the recording," nobody knows what the recording sounds like, not even the original mixing engineers, because they, too, are listening on loudspeakers.

The best bet, IMO, is to make recording + "front end" + amplification and processing + speakers + room sound like live sound, with it's dynamics, absence of distortion, vitality, etc., and all of the live sound I've ever heard has been at least moderately bright, and, as a friend is fond of saying, "free floating"  much like what one can get with La Scalas, Belles, and Klipschorns.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

That's how we talk in West Virginia.  Do you think that's how they talk in New Zealand?  😎

I doubt they talk like that, it's a good thing you can't hear accents from a  post. Somewhat in the words but not really, good thing, the word I usually hear most it What. :blush2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

purdy twittle tings, yeah knda the same 

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

yep purdy and twottaly gorgus lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

no... I bet they put a little different twang to it.

here is an explanation of a few words translated from kiwi land NZ as below my favorite is number 76 lol

1.“My bloody car carked it yesterday.” Translation: “My car died yesterday.”

2.“Pff! He couldn’t organise a piss-up in a brewery.” Translation: ‘He’ is unable to accomplish a simple task.

3.“That fulla is munted.” Translation: “That guy is drunk.”

4.“Did you see Susan? She looked like mutton dressed as lamb.” Translation: Susan was dressing too young for her age.

5.“Had enough to eat, love?” “Yep, I’m chocka.” Translation: “Yep, I’m full.”

6.“Aw I dunno, it looks a bit sus.” Translation: “Hmm, I don’t know, it looks a bit suspicious.”

7.“Pass me the chuddy.” Translation: “Pass me the chewing gum.”

8.“What a ratbag!” Translation: “What a brat!”

9.“Slow down, Trev.” Translation: “Slow down, guy who is probably not called Trev.”

10.“Oi, let’s hit up Maccas.” Translation: “Hey, let’s go to McDonald’s.”

11.“Oh that Jack, he’s a hard case.” Translation: “Oh Jack, he’s funny.”

12.“Mandy is packing a sad.” Translation: “Mandy is upset.”

13.“That Geoff guy spins all the yarns, huh.” Translation: “Geoff tells stories that aren’t necessarily true, doesn’t he?.”

14.“I had a bloody mare last night.” Translation: “I had a bad time last night.”

15.“Had a big one on the turps.” Translation: “Had a big night of drinking.”

16.“Give us a couple of snags off the barbie, will ya?" Translation: “Give us a couple of sausage off the barbecue, please.”

17.“She’s down in Dunners living the scarfie life.” Translation: “She’s in Dunedin living the student life.”

18.“Course I can do it, it’s a piece of piss.” Translation: “Of course I can do it, it’s extremely easy.”

19.“He’s a muppet!” Translation: “He’s an incompetent idiot.”

20.“And then she chundered all over the floor.” Translation: We think you get the picture…

21.“The punters are out in full force!” Translation: “There’s a big crowd.”

22.“Ugh, that’s grotty.” Translation: “Ugh, that’s disgusting.”

23.“Well that was a total cock up, wasn’t it?” Translation: Cock up = mistake/went badly.

24.“Yes but can you handle the jandal?” Translation: “Can you deal with the situation?”

25.“Don’t worry about it, just chuck a sickie.” Translation: Chuck a sickie = have a sick day.

26.“Can you pass me a beer?” “Nah” “Aw, stink one.” Translation: Stink one = disappointed.

27.“You’re such an egg.” Translation: “You’re such a clown.”

28.“Aw, gutted!” Translation: Gutted = disappointed.

29.“Sweet as, bro!” Translation: Sweet as = great/excellent.

30.“He’s all mouth no trousers.” Translation: “He promises something and never follows through.”

31.“She was pissed as a chook.” Translation: “She was very drunk.”

32.“You’re taking the piss!” Translation: Take the piss = joking/making fun of.

33.“Eh?” Translation: Eh has a variety of meanings. It can be what, huh or doesn’t it, just to name a few.

34.“I didn’t choose the skux life, the skux life chose me.” Translation: A pearler of a quote from Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Skux = ladies man or good looking person.

35.“I left my scooter outside the dairy, nek minit.” Translation: Nek minit = the next minute/what happened next.

36.“Dammit, I forgot to bring my togs!” “Maaaate.” Translation: “Oh no, I forgot my swimsuit.” “Oh no, that’s disappointing.

37.“Yeah, nah.” Translation: An indecisive ‘no’.

38.“How’s the missus?” Translation: “How is your female significant other?”

39.“The ol’ noggin is still pretty sore.” Translation: “My head is still quite sore.”

40.“Did you pash?” Translation: Pash = kiss.

41.“Hahaha, she’s such a dag.” Translation: “She’s so funny.”

42.“I have heaps of mates.” Translation: Heaps = a lot.

43.“It was choice, bro.” Translation: “It was good, bro.”

44.“Far out, that’s ratshit.” Translation: “Oh wow, that sucks.”

45.“Nah, I’m still feeling crook.” Translation: “I’m still feeling ill.”

46.“Ben, take your gummies off in the house!” Translation: Gummies = gumboots.

47.“You’ll be knackered after all that hard yakka.” Translation: “You must be tired after all that hard work.”

48.“Let’s knock the bastard off.” Translation: Coined by the late Sir Ed. “Let’s finish the job.”

49.“He’ll try to cut your lunch if you’re not careful.” Translation: “He will do his best to steal the person you’re dating away from you and date them himself if you don’t watch out.”

50.“Stop being such a hungus!” Translation: Hungus = someone who eats a lot of food.

51.“He gave him a good rark up.” Translation: “He told him off.”

52.“How much money have you saved for travelling?” “Bugger all.” Translation: Bugger all = not much.

53.“Bugger!” A phrase used when something/anything goes wrong.

54.“Have you seen that new video?” “Nah, I’ll give it a squiz though.” Translation: Squiz = quick look.

55.“No worries, she’ll be right.” Translation: The epitome of the Kiwi attitude. Everything is going to be OK.

56.“Want to hit up the Coro, bro?” “Keen” Translation: Keen = an enthusiastic ‘yes’.

57.“She’s always spitting the dummy.” Translation: “She’s always having a tantrum/hissy fit.”

58.“I’ll suss it.” Translation: “I’ll sort it out.”

59.“He’s a wally.” Translation: “He’s silly.”

60.“Here’s your sammie.” “Ta.” Translation: “Here’s your sandwich.” “Thank you.”

61.“Not even.” Translation: “Not true.”

62.“The weather sucks at the moment.” “Hard.” Translation: Hard/hard out = to agree.

63.“That’s a crack up.” Translation: “That’s funny.”

64.“Everything is good as gold.” Translation: “Everything is fine.

65.“I got you a pie from the dairy, bro.” “Aw, tu meke.” Translation: “Thanks, you shouldn’t have.

66.“Will managed to get himself a bird.” “Yeah, right!” Translation: “Will got a girlfriend.” “Whatever/I don’t believe what you just said.

67.“I got a free dinner.” “Mean!” Translation: Mean = awesome.

68.“Chur.” Translation: Chur = cheers/thanks.

69.“Straight up, g?” Translation: “Really/are you telling the truth?”

70.“And then he fell into the ditch!” “Struth!” Translation: Struth = exclamation. Also spelt ‘strewth’.

71.“Bloody nora, I forgot to lock the house!” Translation: Bloody nora = “Oh no!”

72.“It’s a cracker of a day.” Translation: Cracker = great.

73.“He took us on a tiki tour in the *** wops.” Translation: “He took us for a drive to the middle of nowhere.”

74.“She’s a sammie short of a picnic.” Translation: “She’s a bit stupid.”

75.“Let’s head out for a smoko.” Translation: “Let’s head out for a break.”

76. “Nothing comes even close." Translation. “La Scala II's."

WANT MORE?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Okie dokie some advice needed please so knowing my listening room is not huge but is acoustically dampened where is the best place for these amazing speakers

I'm using cardas method currently and the sound is excellent but as we all know we have to ask for other ideas just incase we are missing something lol

So I was wondering if PWKs idea of having them perfectly placed in the corners like the klipschorn with the sound cross radiating about 3 feet in front me would work

Thoughts please

And as always I am very very greatful

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk