Paul Henry Klipsch R.A.F.

Bosco-d-gama

Guessing this has been discussed before but would like to know more if anyone knows more. Watched a ‘Time Team’ (Britain) episode that excavated a ww2 era spitfire crash site in France. The plane was shot down on May 23rd, 1940 and was piloted by a Sgt Paul Henry Klipsch who did not survive. He lost his life on his 1st combat mission. Apparently he was dead before his plane hit the earth at a full throttle 400 mph. So he can be counted among the ‘few’ to whom ‘so many’ owed ‘so much’. He’d have been contemporary to PWK. Cousin?  Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, dtel said:

Looks like no one has any idea.

Interesting. I felt as though my last name was fairly unique until one day back in the ‘80’s’ when an inpatient had the same name, spelling, etc. We found some common lineage 2 generations in our past. Then some enterprising relation I’d never met did the whole family tree and published the data. Turns out that we came to colonial America in 1680 and we can be found all over the country. Have yet to do the DNA testing. One of my adopted sons did his and found his birth parents and a small horde of new relatives. Small world if we choose to look - methinx.

And nearly everyone who has European ancestors is related to Charlemagne.  Hi cuzz!

It's fun. 

And, most of us are descended from people who fought each other, sometimes in a BIG way.

What is passed down culturally, rather than genetically, is probably more important.  But ... when I was first a psych major, it was fashionable to believe that nurture was everything.  But, little by little, heredity slipped back in.  Temperament (as opposed to personality) is now studied once again.  Their interaction is the most fascinating. 

• Like 2

Good ole Charlemagne.  Legendary inspiration for chardonnay and advocate of convert or get your head lopped off.  I can't really say about any genetic ties for any of that, but I can attest to a military tie to a general in Napoleon's army.  Goodness gracious Beauregard, if only I could have shown you the path to glory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
21 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

There are 0.08 people named KLIPSCH for every 100,000 Americans

Ok, this got me wondering, so I found a site and put my last name to see what would happen, either it is under 100 people or a bum website?

This was the result.....

No data. Surname not found.

Note: data only reflects surnames reported 100 or more times. If a name doesn't pop up, it's likely not as common.