JohnJ

By golly @JohnJ think ya just did it with that one.  Gonna have to throw it on and tweek mah twin 19's a bit.  THAT could be a good thing.with this pile I've got laying here!  :)  Thanks!  Love my babygirlie girl!  Funny how years ago ppl laffed at me talking about her on bass 20 years ago or so.  Once again, I took 'em to the river and baptised them all!

I'd heard of her before he transitioned to bass then I heard MORE about her when she did.  The first time I ever heard her live I was sittin on a tour case backstage at the 07 Crossroads in Chitown.  Yea, that was her Beck gig on you tube and Beck always was a total a$$ in my book but he had every right to be.  I saw that when he was with Jimmy Page and EC in the Yaredbirds.  He only got better as we all know.  He took a liking to her because she was doing HER thing on the bass and damn good at it.  It's about respect.  Simple.  

:)

• Like 2

Yea Dave I had some fun yesterday once I got the digital rig set up again! Turned the sub from 30 down to 40 for now.

Took the king size pillows, put one in each opposite corner. Two regulars between the closets directly in line with the sub behind my chair, then the last extra behind the sub that's still two feet out from the wall until the second coats.

Pulled the RP600s out a bit more too. Bass is more tight and soundstage improved with that.

Funny what I heard in the kitchen then was improved even more! Got rid of the boom!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Listened to some very nice Steely Dan this morning... from 72 - 80 on those two long discs. Then Sting's Blue Turtles, that's a must have in my book!

PXL-20240120-204228441.jpg

Now onto my favorite R&R singer the last couple decades. If you'd seen him perform... you'd know why:(

These two from Audioslave hit me right today. Actually the whole release does!

• Like 4

Today was my ASHRA day , I listend to the first three Albums ......In my youth I had them on vinyl , today as cd only . The Producer and musician Manuel Gottsching was one of the german pioneers of electronic rockmusic

AshraNewAgeofearth1.thumb.jpg.31ecd4dc3bf06fee0283683215dc08e1.jpg

AshraBlackouts.thumb.jpg.ee13aaf5271d526e3550650ce6e4d7bf.jpg

AshraCorrelations.thumb.jpg.b7b8698c1f77552ccd8f76c96fec0001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

wasn't ready for this

msft ruins my dvd/cd playback every time I want to listen. I will reinstall the chipset driver for my ASUS mb (requires restart) soon.

Anyhooo: do you like to hear the differences between the creative textural sounds that really good musicians can make?

Los Lobos - Kiko PXL-20240127-013346695.jpg

This is one off of it, If your rig can handle it...

Listen to the whole lp, it WILL move you!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can't upload the pic of the four cds from Tedeschi Trucks band... figured out that AnyDVD took over all the .dat files in my pc, that made the postimage portable impotent.

But the first is almost over.

PXL-20240209-023712780.jpg

It's been a while, and it sounds so good in here right now :smile:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've been attributing a quote that I like to the wrong guy for a while now.

In a thread yesterday expressing skepticism I used "Believe Half of What You See and None of What You Hear". Marvin Gaye, Leon Haywood even Ben Franklin said something similar to the above and Ben might have been the first to use it! Edgar Allen Poe is notable in this list of users of the thought of critical thinking.

Lou Reed used it well in his politically charged "New York" release!

PXL-20240223-154725949.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1