JohnJ

8 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

@JohnJWait, better let me look that up before I pass judgement.  lol  Don't worry about Andre or George.  Just don't tell them we can't see theirs at times.  Just like it and scroll on down???   😂    I just had to!  😂   Great old tunes right there brother!   :)

You´re a sneaky one, aren´t You Dave?  😄 🙃 

• Haha 3

On 11/3/2022 at 3:46 AM, AndreG. said:

You´re a sneaky one, aren´t You Dave?  😄 🙃 

He sure is.

WTF @Dave1291

Dropped me (on phone) like a hot potato last night. In the middle of talking about weather... saying that the sheet was gonna hit the fan next week up there!

Dude! Thought you 'fell out"

IN JEST Only DJ :P,

the other songs with falling out or fall were either disco or sappy love songs mostly

• Haha 4

On 11/3/2022 at 2:48 PM, JohnJ said:

WTF @Dave1291

Dropped me (on phone) like a hot potato last night. In the middle of talking about weather... saying that the sheet was gonna hit the fan next week up there!

So I posted this, now it's time to pay the piper.

Apparently I'm the culprit with the dropped call :huh2:

Didn't realize it but again Schiit happens!

• Haha 1

How's everyone doing tonight?

Not paying attention to the news, not going outside in the cool rain again either. Last third of the weeds I had to cut was done during a pretty good shower after lunchtime today. It did wash the dust off of the lawn mower.

& I did have fish for dinner, supposed to be flounder and darn it's been so long I'm not sure, but it was sweet with the slaw.

Other decades did have some good music as far as I'm concerned... but you know which way I lean. So listen to the first tune entitled "Soothe" then hold on or turn it down if you aren't feeling it tonight :D 

Truthfully these are mostly slow songs with an edge.

PXL-20221110-233159516.jpg

• Like 3

Listened to YES earlier this Tamale-day. Everybody knows "The Yes Album"

Changed over a few minutes ago & though I'd just share an excellent set I got a while back. Four cd's cover Steely Dan from 1972 to 1980.

This one is "Can't Buy a Thrill" and about half of 'Countdown to Ecstasy"

PXL-20221111-205039625.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Been rockin' this weekend, Zeppelin in the afternoon, Nugent tonight. I'll finish Steely Dan's box soon! 

Some friends that dropped by when I had this guy on would say he couldn't play the guitar. I told them that's what the records were mostly full of, it was him and it was supposed to be. He opened for Aerosmith most of the times I saw him before and after this one came out. I'd say he rivaled David Lee Roth onstage... almost. 

It's a classic to me, I'll start it with my favorite from it.

Teddy, Teddy, Teddy

PXL-20221114-003743175.jpg

:o"Baby please don't go down to New Orleans, ya know I love ya so baby please don't go":D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Everybody have their big turkey sandwich today?

I sure did, then put together my Christmas that got here today. No surprises anymore with just me except for one today.

Left Donald & Walter getting all red in their faces from the One & Only Terrible Ted.

PXL-20221125-230534331.jpg

Third disc finishes Katy Lied, then dives into Royal Scam:

Then gets a couple off of Aja.

My surprise... The hydraulics or whatever in my fantastic Hon 24hr chair have died and it's stuck at the card table height it's been at for 16 months. At the new desk it feels like it did being a kid at the grownup table :ohmy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Laid back one more evening here so on with the fourth disc! The story behind all of this is that the fella on the other side of the country had two sets of this. Lucky for me he was/is one of the good-guys at discogs because I got sent discs 1, 2, 4 & 4 at first! Sent pics and he corrected it quickly.

Told him about the time they cancelled in CLT after they had already arrived and the crowd was huge at the coliseum already. They heard of this and got permission for a plan to fly about 20 miles east of the airport to the old coliseum. When they neared, the plane went nose up and punched it. Those little Leer Jets had some power, the concussion exploded several of the windows on the back, entrance side of the building. They wrapped around the whole thing about ten feet high or more & had chicken wire inside (been a long time since I've been there).

PXL-20221126-233736139.jpg

PXL-20221126-233757915.jpg

This one finishes Aja and adds Gaucho!

One fantastic set of the kind of fusion that Donald Fagen & Walter Becker composed that will outlive even our entire Human Race!

• Like 3