JohnJ

Looks like my vids for Steely Dan have disappeared? Tried with edge also, no go.

You know I like meals with my music?

Hot dogs fried with Carolina Treet, that's mustard based and from Wilmington, NC. Especially good on grilled chicken or pork. Yeast rolls and blue cheese slaw.

PXL-20221130-183400064.jpg

Altered versions all over yt. Found the one that matches what I've got from 1991 to go in my truck!

Good sampling of my first favorite rockers.

• Like 6

In the weekend "Three Days of the Condor" was running on TV. I noticed the OST, which has some cool moments. It was composed by Dave Grusin. That OST movie made me think of another soundtrack, The Yakuza (The one starring Robert Mitchum and Takakura Ken.), and You guessed, it was composed by Grusin as well. Looking it up on Discogs, it seems Yakuza only ever came out on CD in the 2000s and it is quite expensive... Oh well, next one on my list.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Two Against Nature is the eighth studio album by Steely Dan. Their first studio album in 20 years, it was recorded from 1997 to 1999 and released on February 29, 2000, by Giant Records.

A critical success, Two Against Nature won the group four Grammy Awards: Album of the Year, Best Pop Vocal Album, Best Engineered Album – Non-Classical, and Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals (for the single "Cousin Dupree"). Commercially, it peaked at number six on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart and sold more than one million copies, earning a Platinum certification from the Recording Industry Association of America.

twokleiner.thumb.jpg.54c802dd95c15020d7a2fb2dd1d610d2.jpg

• Like 2

Thought it was me with my Citizen postings :lol:!

Hello George, Listened to that the other day when you posted it and like it. Different from all their prior recordings with an almost staccato take on the tempo or deliberate punctuation to the keyboards and percussion. Not sure if it's due to digital or not, I've got a later release of theirs that is similar.

PXL-20221222-180125843.jpg

• Like 2

😂 I have to lough because Fagen refrain is ... "shopping the last mall " that´s exactly what my wife and doughter doing right now . Had dinner with my son meanwhile. Yeah ..the above record is worth to buy as well . They ´re telling wonderful storys in their perfectly arranged and produced music .   

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, JohnJ said:

Thought it was me with my Citizen postings :lol:!

Hello George, Listened to that the other day when you posted it and like it. Different from all their prior recordings with an almost staccato take on the tempo or deliberate punctuation to the keyboards and percussion. Not sure if it's due to digital or not, I've got a later release of theirs that is similar.

PXL-20221222-180125843.jpg

recorded live in the studio!

With your usual retakes and lunch ins

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

recorded live in the studio!

With your usual retakes and lunch ins

Lunch In?

PXL-20221228-171829251.jpg

Or is it Lunch Insurance, mine might be the same as yours... except it's a light roast for a change-up right now.

PXL-20221228-175012232.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For my O H I _ bud and the earlier convo. Bad knee in cold weather, gray hair in the tub after cutting my hair!

PXL-20221231-212332860.jpg

Sounds Great & I don't even care if this started out as analog tape or 0s and 1s!

Makes cool gray rainy days better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

For my O H I _ bud and the earlier convo. Bad knee in cold weather, gray hair in the tub after cutting my hair!

PXL-20221231-212332860.jpg

Sounds Great & I don't even care if this started out as analog tape or 0s and 1s!

Makes cool gray rainy days better.

The Old Folks Boogie is great.

JJK

• Like 1