BB

Jim Cornell

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know i lived in vegas 25 years and have been to Carson, Reno, not bad!

No i feel maybe, i dont know what im talking about most of the time, and am always not sure !

Hey im just an old audiophile how survived 11 strokes would you believe it!

WOW LOL

My state of mind is off at times, Like Trading 4 cornwalls for 4 chorus, now think about it, who the hell would do that LOL!!

This is a fitting in check, me and the wife live in a very remote area!

Dont have very much to do, and not many freinds if you know what i mean!

Sometimes i just feel like i might be hanging around the BB to much, then again im sure we all feel that way!

Playing stupid really pays off although i do miss my cornwalls, i love to have 4 cornwalls, and Klipshorns, maybe ill fix that!

Regards Jim

9.gif

I guess I have a little bit of both city and country. I work in doowntown Cincy (yea, I know the Bengals suck (again)) but I live about 20 miles east in the next county. There's barley any sidewalks out here and the people are a lot more friendly than where I grew up. The Fatherland (as we call where we lived as children) unfortunatley is starting to look a lot like (insert your down trodden area here). I've lived out there for five years now and still don't know nearly the same amount of people I did where I was young. But in retrospect the old nieghborhood didn't seem that bad back then. Looking at that same place now, this was definitely a step up.

A lot of times I just lament over the days in the early 80's when the usual night was sitting on the front porch of a good friend's just seein' who we'ed see go by. Sit, talk, tease, listen to a boom box of oldies', drink (well, they did anyway) and for the most part toasting our friendship. These were the same group of guys I've known since 70' or so. We all did some growing since then. Some growing away and some not. But that one house is till the meeting place if we decide to visit "home".

Here's to "the guys":

Tim Thomas (the house owner)

Bud Thomas (Tim's dad)

Dewey Thomas (Tim' uncle)

LeRoy Presley

Rusty Steadman

Chris Steadman

Roger Cress

Terry Stacey

Tom Blasing

I read your posts more closely than most.

You appear to have your guanno together.

Wise man once told me if you can count your really "true" friends on one hand and have a couple of fingers left, you are successful. I married my best friend 20 years ago and have a few others; no complaints(cool kids too).

Your response to my Chorus questions were funny, but incomplete.

Spikes?

Yea wish i could step back a year, Its good to hear from you Tom, we had fun back then didnt we!

Things did make a change, in some ways, although most ways, As in it doesnt look as it appears!

Shapeshifter

Tblasing

Boa12

Talk to Keith

Moondog

Soundog

Avman

Mace

Ear

Justin TX

HDBR

Mobile Homeless

William F Mc dermott

Mystery Guest

Steve P

Johnellis

Clueless

Lynnm

Moon

Audio Flynn

Audio reality

Indy Klipschfan

Mike Lindsay

Mace,

And those i forgot

This is just what i have in my mind, over the past 2 years its been nothing but a pleasure meeting you people, but some of you are fading away, which is making the BB less fun, and educational!

Ive had some fun here but lately, it seems more like an audio war!

We need to stop trying to out do each other, its deafeating the purpose of us being here!

We are all audiophiles, we are all ahead of the rest of the world, not on this BB!

This BB was brought here for people who enjoy their hobby, not to fight amongnst each other about their hobby!

Ive been into Audio for 27 years, ive had the best numerous times, in every year!

The Klipsch beat all those in the past 27 years

Ive had it all, Sansuis, JBLs, Crewin vegas, Polk, Audio reserch, martin logans, Bose, infinity, Mcintosh, Marantz,Yamaha,Acoustic reserch,advent,altec,B-0,Bw ETC

Ive owned about 20 thousand systems, 75 thousand different speakers,

Thousands upon fricken thousands of dallars in audio!

And some were stolen yes, in my teenage years, we wont go there! I traded for, or bought them

Klipsch is the only speaker that can give you all the sound at a flat response trust me, ive had it all!

Been there done that!

Why, are we changing the Klipsch design, crossovers, altec horns ETC

Yes im getting the altecs to play with them, sure why not!

Just another $

Ill never go back to anything else, i still enjoy the Chorus, just not much LOL!

If we change the Klipsch speaker, is it still worth the money, or did we destroy it?

If we do change the speaker, make sure we can put it back to its original design to get the money out of it if we sell it!

Kinda makes me wonder, why wouldnt it sell the same as it was original?

Is it really better?

Only our ears will tell this, not the ears to the open world!

Most people i have over could care less, wow those are big, and thats it!

No one acually really pays any attention to the sound of Klipsch speakers!

Its like no one cares!

People say wow Klipsch, and thats about it!

No one was into the theater, not even my brother, or family, they could care less!

I couldnt even invite anyone over for a movie, to listen to it!

Me and the wife got bored with movies, is why we sold it again, we like the 2 channel sound!

2 theaters both sold and gone. although i do have something against new audio. wont got there!

I am getting, the altec 511b horns, and am going to expierement with them, why not, see and hear the difference, but in the long run, i know if i modify the Klipshorns, the top of the line, like Pual W Klipsch ,made himself, they wont be original Klipsch!

I will keep all the original parts, to simply put them back!

Yea, i might be off topic, when i was 15 i owned the AA networks, the K-400 horns, K-55-V drivers stolen YES

At the time i didnt know what they were, ive only found them again when i got my Klipshorns!

22 years later i own them again legally!

Back when i was 15 i traded them for a motorcycle!

I didnt know what they were, but i did know they were HI TECH!

Well id better cut the BS

Time for bed Goodnight Guys

Regards Jim

9.gif5.gif

Have you seen the movie Amelie? Watch it.

I certainly don't ignore anything you write, otherwise I would miss the wonderful things that come from your fingertips like the post just above mine.

When I was 15 I bought my first Windows PC, which lead to me buying my first computer speakers, which lead me to Klipsch ProMedia v2.400's which lead me here which is leading me into a wonderful world of audiophilia. It reminds me quite often of The Chronicals of Narnia. I feel like the v2.400's were one of the rings The Magician's Nephew found, it brought me into a world I never had glimpsed of before. A world of Klipsch.

I have much of what I have now thanks to this bulletin board. Through hard medical periods of my life, whether you knew it or not, this board has been a constant, always there, always giving out help, a congenial place to congregate and exchange stories and help. 2 years later it is still the same bulletin board, with some changes, for the good and perhaps not so much for the good. All and all I think that spending so much time on this board has really enlightened me on what else in life is important. I now close my eyes when I listen to music on my Klipsch speakers (or my dad's who has REAL klipsch speakers...) or my Sennheiser HD600's. I do this everyday. It is the peace that keeps me sane. I buy DVD's, not so much for what I see, but to examine what can I hear. I have joined the symphony once again. Not just a listener of the symphony, but once again a trumpet playing member.

The Klipsch family I have been adobted by here is one I will never forget. I often wonder, when I have a kid who is the age I am now, will he be able to come to www.klipsch.com and do what I am doing now? I sure hope so.

Jim,

I dont think anyone is ignoring you.I readmost posts,some I miss.For the posts I dont have any answers or too little time I dont respond.Not because I try to ignore anyone.

YOU HAD B0$E

6.gif

Remember freinds dont let freinds listen to B0$E!A new study has shown clearly that over 94.6% of B0$E owners and users lose hearing and the apreciation of music.

2.gif

Yea Bose warfdale,and even more!

Boa, ill be looking foreward to your Vail visit, get ahold of me before you go, so ill know your on the way!

Ears, i used to swindle audio when i was a teeneger, my brother in law at the time was an excellent theif, he used to steal audio, and i always wound up with it!

I had a Luxman turntable once, with a very nice 2 inch platter, i need to find me one!

PD model, something like that!

I think im ganna build separate cabinets for the altec 511b horns, set them on top!

When i was 17, i had the biggest room in the house, i had so many speakers, i actually filled the room, i couldnt even walk!

We all have the best here, we are so ahead of the competition!

I still caint believe some one is using Klipschorns for karokee!

Thats on another thread!

WEll, im off to work

Regards Jim

Also pardon me guys, i drank a whole 6 pack last night!

Nothing like drinking alone, but with Klipsch its worth it!

Anyone ever hear Mirage speakers?

We had a set of studio monitors once, not bad!

Apogees werent bad either, but none at a flat response!

My now EX brother in law might still have them!

My brother in law also stayed away from Klipsch, he claimed they were only 100 watts, so he stuck with his JBLs!

Let me think, the best sounding set i think i had were a set of old criterion, i think thats how its spelled, at 15 i had these, they had the nylon woofers in them, a little 4inch, and they sounded sweet!

As far as Klipsch, i myself started out with KG 3s in 1990, and this is where im at today!

We had carver ribbons remember them, we burned the top portion of the ribbon, which made the whole top end fail!

Better go

Regards Jim

9.gif

Jim,

I don't feel anybody is ignoring you...I certainly am not! I am glad for your recent aquisition of the k-horns, too!! Sometimes it takes me a day or so to answer a post on here...but without the answers to YOUR posts, would I be about to become a "No Life" BB poster here???? LOL! I have been very busy of late trying to get these oak LaScalas finished and ready for pics...so, even though I may be a day or so late in answering posts...it is because I am tired and just don't feel like typing...OR it is because I am perusing the question posed while I am working at the shop...and trying to come up with an appropriate answer. Trust me...you aren't ignored here.

I prefer the country over the city...always have!! I like to live somewhere where when you are outside milling around in the yard, and you feel the call of the full bladder, you don't have to run inside due to the fear of some neighbor calling the cops if you stay outside!!...LOL! I am like my Dad in that aspect!! Besides, where better to answer the call of nature than IN natural surroundings?!?!?! LOL! A pretty mountain vista is much more satisfying than a bathroom wall!!

If this replacement cabinet thing takes off for me(and I am hoping it DOES!!...getting pretty "lean" around here right now...LOL!), then I will find me a place in the country with a small shop on it and that is where I will stay, except when I HAVE TO GO TO TOWN!!! I have no problem at all with living in remote places...I prefer it to crowded places!!! I am almost 50 years old...and I am single and kinda set in my ways...and if I can find a decent woman who enjoys the things I enjoy...then I will go for it...but right now it is just me!!...and the folks on this BB are my "daily companions"!

well jim u didnt metion me but i like your posts to,,,,,we all need to get together some how in groups to talk and see each other.....that way we will know who ...we... are.i have tried to get a picnic set up kc,mo, area but no one responds,,,,the dealer here dont even know what heritage look like i think that is sad.if he dont have them and sell them soon they will be gone.... love all of you and like all the posts even the arguments are good but we should not hold grudges its not good ....everyone is different....for instance i like british cars,,,,i know hdbr likes bmw motorcycles...justine likes every thing..lol,,,,,,i have a lot of hobbies besides audio im sure we all do i just dont have the money to enjoy them,,,,,well have a good day and listen close you can hear paul laughing at us argue and him saying bull**it....rick out

Hey Jim,

You're not alone in the way you feel.

More often than not, It seems like the people in my life could care less about my hobby/passion.

And, they probably don't.

To each their own.

At first, I used to wonder why more people aren't into audio, but I've had a revelation.

Many people don't have the capacity or desire to even partially understand/appreciate fine music and quality audio gear.

Those who have a complete understanding are considered gurus.

The rest of us can be considered "smarter than the average bear"

And that's a good thing.

As far as isolation.

I grew up on a lake about 10 miles from town.

Nearest "party store" was 2 miles away.

I know all about the perils of living in the sticks.1.gif

Audio as a hobby, can be a very lonely place by itself, couple that with a bit of isolation and BAM.

It has a tendancy to really bum one out.8.gif

That is the nature of the beast, do not forget that.

Keep your chin up and your stereo on.

It is not talked about much with the people I interact with live on a day to day basis, but I think there is a bit of a "monkey on ones back" situation.

I was a bit fooled the world was a kinder gentler place until 13 months ago. Then at once we get terrror, Corporate stealing at an unprecedented rate, retirement savings losses and the sniper.

Snippy and crabby sometimes?

Well that is me!

We need to keep ourselves in check and stop being so nasty in the posts. Humans rarely take out their frustrations in the correct direction.

-------------------------------------------------

People are gonna freak when I buy my Chorus IIs this week. MA, Dad, Brothers and friends will say "why do you need another pair of speakers". They will make 8 pair of speakers not counting centers and subs.

They all sound different.

It is a new experiment.

My wife understands but it took till 1992 for her to figure out this "hobby" was not going away.

I'd like to add something to my above post. If any of you have seen American Graffiti. O.k. so it's a cult classic. But us guys from the Fatherland really lived that movie. We picked out a character and was able to assign it to someone in our group.

We played alot of street football and wiffle-ball. So I guess "Sandlot" hit home almost as well.

Sorry Rick, nothing personal.

Yea, kinda makes you sick when some one is over the house, doesnt even pay attention to one of the rarest HI FI speakers made, sitting in the living room!

Then when you go to thier house, they have fisher speakers, on an all in one stereo combo, something youd give your kids, and there soooo excited about it!

Speaking of the bose i had, YES i was there, LOL

901s, are still around!!

I gave them to my sister, back in 88, since then, all the woofer surrounds rotted out!

Think ill call her and see what her plans are for them!

I also gave my other sister a set of speakers, not sure what they are right now, they look like infinitys, i couldnt hear them with the Klipsch, so i gave them to her, their still around!

I tried to give my brother one set of the chorus for FREE.

His reply was WHAT WOULD I DO WITH THEM!!

Yea theres trully no reason to use attacking tactics here on the BB!

I myself have done that, NO MORE!

Now that most of you know, that ive heard many many speakers, feel free to ask!

Its a well kept secret, even from my wife!

LOL

Back them in Vegas, the teenagers dealt drugs, i delt with Audio, well, stolen and traded, and bought some!

Those days have been long gone!

You know, in reality, the Martin Logans didnt sound to bad, i they were just in my posession, i caint say i owned them!

I also repaired audio, speakers too!

Some of them, i was repairing for a local pawn shop in Vegas!

Living in a trailor park, all my teen years, i used to go dumpster diving, for audio, ive found, repaired and made lots of money!

I still remember the Knight tube amp a guy gave me, i wish i was more serious about tubes then!

It had an all gold face, was really nice, this guy had it in his shed, one day he gave it to me, i lost it, DJing a party, as well as the criterion speakers!

You guys ever hear of Radion Resrerch?

My brother in law had the Crown PSA AMP, he stole it right off a train car, you know, all these years he still has that amp!

Something like 265 watts per channel, SS!

He bought JBL monitors, to this day i still caint believe he bought something, i think they are the monitor 200s

10inch 3 ways?

200 watts max, wow 100 more watts on the specs huh?

I just fixed a yamaha M-4 amp for a freind, i also am good at CD players, ive fixed about 20 or so, including my harman Kardon, for it to last me the 7 years it did, its still here, skipping again, but i have it, someday ill open it up again!

You know what, ive always like the old sansui wood design grill speakers, you guys know them, how many of you still have them?

Remember the Mach 1s LOL

Id have to say, the realistic Mach 1s kicked some ***, BUT the woofers popped with to much bass!

At the time there horn design wasnt half bad!

Ill have the altec 511bs soon, i think i might hang them above the Klipshorns, and leave these alone, Their pretty big!

Ill be playing with those, i might also get 2 more K-55-Vs for them, just keep them separated fully, because i think they might out do the tweeters on the Klipschorns!

If so i have a freind to sell them to, its pretty easy!

I had a pioneer tube reciever once, i wish i would of remembered the model #!

This thing was huge, had like 5 phono inputs, 4 Aux,4 tape inputs it was a monster, kinda like from the disco club days, anyone heard of this one!

Well, all fun, and happy listening, LOL

Regards Jim

9.gif