Looking at pair of RB61's locally for $100 matching serial numbers? Is that correct or something fishy?

jordan122345

So this is probably stupid question but here goes. There is a pair of RB61's local for $100. I finally got pics and the serial numbers are matching numbers is that correct or is there something weird going on?  If everything checks out any reason not to buy them and they are in pretty good shape? Thanks as always. 

7 minutes ago, willland said:

Normally I would think not but possible label duplication error.

Bill

Ok he says he bought them new that way so maybe I guess. Not sure how to make these work with the rf7iii's and the rc64iii but I will get it figured out I suppose. 

I just bought a pair new from Fry's (free shipping) for less than $200 so it's very possible to score a pair used for $100. Who knows he may have got them from some outlet type seller for way less than I paid. They are great sounding speakers for their size. I am very impressed with them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

I just bought a pair new from Fry's (free shipping) for less than $200 so it's very possible to score a pair used for $100. Who knows he may have got them from some outlet type seller for way less than I paid. They are great sounding speakers for their size. I am very impressed with them.

Thats a pretty good price for sure. I wonder if between the awesome prices through Cory or Fryes if I shouldn't maybe hold off or offer a bit less? Also these are the original rb61's not the rb61ii's that I an looking at used here in town.

3 hours ago, jordan122345 said:

Thats a pretty good price for sure. I wonder if between the awesome prices through Cory or Fryes if I shouldn't maybe hold off or offer a bit less? Also these are the original rb61's not the rb61ii's that I an looking at used here in town.

The pair I bought were the Series II so that makes the price that much more realistic. I don't know what the series II adds but frankly at that level of speaker it just couldn't be (worth) much. I'd snag the $100 pair myself 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

The pair I bought were the Series II so that makes the price that much more realistic. I don't know what the series II adds but frankly at that level of speaker it just couldn't be (worth) much. I'd snag the $100 pair myself 

Ok I am trying to get back ahold of him and no answer so far. Lol 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jordan122345 said:

Ok I am trying to get back ahold of him and no answer so far.

It's hard to go wrong with Klipsch RB-61's at $50 per speaker.  You already have a nice setup so I'm not sure where they would fit into that system.  Back surrounds maybe?

You could also snag a mini-amp and use them for computer speakers or with a secondary TV.  If you don't like them I imagine you could always sell them for what you have in them.

+++

Yes, that s/n should be different on each speaker.  I don't know what to make of that.

+++

Note:  Time up update the equipment list in your signature quote.  You have some nice new stuff.  B)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jordan122345 said:

So should both speakers have the same serial number? 

My RB61 II were bought as a pair, came in one box and  both have the same S/N

Never noticed it before, but there it is.

Hope it helps. Great little speakers and @$100 / pair, a very good deal.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 1:44 PM, wvu80 said:

It's hard to go wrong with Klipsch RB-61's at $50 per speaker.  You already have a nice setup so I'm not sure where they would fit into that system.  Back surrounds maybe?

You could also snag a mini-amp and use them for computer speakers or with a secondary TV.  If you don't like them I imagine you could always sell them for what you have in them.

+++

Yes, that s/n should be different on each speaker.  I don't know what to make of that.

+++

Note:  Time up update the equipment list in your signature quote.  You have some nice new stuff.  B)

I got my profile updated finally. And yeah the guy really turned into a giant flake unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jordan122345 said:
On 3/27/2019 at 3:44 PM, wvu80 said:

I got my profile updated finally. And yeah the guy really turned into a giant flake unfortunately. 

Your Signature Quote needs updating.  If you post on-line using your phone you wouldn't see it.  It shows you with RF-7's, RC-7.  I think you mentioned above that you now have RF-7 III and an RC-64-III.

+++

It's hard to imagine why somebody would be such a flake over a hundred dollar pair of speakers.  People are funny sometimes.