Minimum wattage for the RF 7 II's or III's ?

Dean HTD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spec says 1000W peak. 250w RMS. So if you are talking 1000w peak it should be OK. It is amazing to me how many do not understand power, watts,headroom etc.... I only have RF7-IIs but cannot imagine how freaking loud they would be at 250 watts RMS.

1000w is only+6dB above 250w.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GuyIsDamGood said:

Thanks for the info; babadono and Duke Spinner.

I have the RF-7 iii (in stereo) connected to the Rotel RB 1582 Mkii.   I agree.   200-watts is basically loud enough.

only other way to get better sound is to bi-amp the speakers  with DSP   , 1 amp on the HF , 1 amp on the LF 

14 minutes ago, GuyIsDamGood said:

I agree (somewhat).   I believe I have my Speakers connected to the AB Amplifier (Rotel RB-1582 Mkii) in the Bi-Amped set-up. - I Don't have the speaker-jumpers installed. (It sounds Clearer/Louder without them)

Fwiw, If all you did was run 2 sets of wires and take off the jumpers then you are still using the speaker's crossover. The speaker is only using the power it needs....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GuyIsDamGood said:

I agree (somewhat).   I believe I have my Speakers connected to the AB Amplifier (Rotel RB-1582 Mkii) in the Bi-Amped set-up. - I Don't have the speaker-jumpers installed. (It sounds Clearer/Louder without them. . . somewhat)

It´s not real bi amping ( it´s a kind of pseudo bi amping )  , for real bi amping this you need at least two seperate stereo Poweramps with a seperate pre-amplifier. But the powerstage from the rotel is divinging the overall power into 4 outputs on each channel now , High pass from the x-over is under controll from the A Output and the low pass is under controll from the B Output . The X-Over Frequenz is splittet at 1.1 KHz and I agree that the soundimage will be a bit better in the high as well as in the low pass. I made the same experiences with my SS , the 8 copper outputs from my amp are controlling the bi wire terminal on my RF7´s

DIYkk.thumb.jpg.f93cb4dd7de6fea9be36726d06b526fc.jpg

EvoTerminalkk.thumb.jpg.0cb76cf99df17b51033471163cd7fe87.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...