College Football 2019

jimjimbo

Can't touch that right now, been busy since 5:45 and just getting a second 20 oz pot of coffee.

I am pissed about my NHL Gales right now they got rid of our better goalie and we're using a pretty good backup as a starter when he can't do that.

We had Khudobin and dumped him when he got hurt. Haven't had a real goalie since him!

36 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Mornin' @Pete H

Not upset, just tired of the same ol, same ol and projecting that the ncaa will continue with their shenanigans!

Until we end a season where there are multiple major conference champs left out of the playoff, nothing is going to change.  I would be of the camp to get rid of conference championships all together and take number of playoff teams up and try and figure out a better way to schedule non conference games.  I love college football but IMO, teams that drop some games early get penalized even if by seasons end, they are playing at a level to win a championship and schedules are set too far in advance where you have Clemson/Bama getting ridiculed for their easy schedule and in most cases, forcing them to run the table, or at least in Clemson's case.  it won't be easy to ever get it perfect, but to me, more teams in the playoffs equal more excitement and a hell of a lot more teams still in the hunt in November.  4 teams with 5 major conferences was flawed to begin with and the other conferences don't have a prayer at ever getting to compete.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Winning!  He has been a pretty good back up goalie for us...

Still fast for a big fella too, but better that he can see. 

Mrazek was good in the tandem last year. This year we don't have one. Dropped from #1 then to 2 for a few weeks now at 16, no points in four games or more.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Haha.  Been there.  The thing is, you are fretting about it when it is hockey time!  Last night's Notre Dame/Ohio State game was a doozy.  After all, just because it's a crime doesn't mean those in charge should be held accountable for their actions, right?

I was surfing around looking for something last nite and found that game too.  #9 & #5?  Okies, MAYBE I'm learnin a lil bit about the game.  OSU giving up two goals at the end HAD to hurt but it's just a game.  Right?  hahaha

2 hours ago, Pete H said:

Clemson/Bama getting ridiculed for their easy schedule and in most cases, forcing them to run the table,

Run the table they do.  That rolls back to the early Saban thought process.  Cupcakes early then play ball when you're ready.  Bear did it for years.  FINALLY enough people are complaining about playing against a stacked deck the NCAA is doing something.  Just think in 2030 and 2031 OSU finally gets to play Georgia!  Gotta love logistics so move over Keef Richards I'm hangin w/you man! 

Sitting here pondering the Chase Young ordeal.  They all say this will kill all hope for a Heisman but the thing is, since when did a D man EVER win a Heisman.  Depending on what the NCAA rules IF he comes back I can guarantee you it's gonna be with a vengeance.  I was told this morning he told the team yesterday he wasn't pulling a Bosa and will be back unlike Nick did last year.  It'll all sort but going to any college whether you're a superstar or not kids need money to start their lives.  

Ha!  BOOM!  Gotcha!    :)

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Uhhhh, check your Google thingie......that's an easy one.

You talking about that guy w/the ichigan mentality who struck the Heisman pose in the end zone?  Hahahaha  Yea, he's STILL bragging about it.  Classy!  

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Ha!  BOOM!  Gotcha!    :)

You talking about that guy w/the ichigan mentality who struck the Heisman pose in the end zone?  Hahahaha  Yea, he's STILL bragging about it.  Classy!  

Well, I guess I shouldn't have expected that you would understand....How about Charles Woodson.