Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
jimjimbo

Still chasing La Scalas - Are you downsizing, moving, etc? Will trade, or cash or combo.

Recommended Posts

I am still on the hunt for a pair of La Scalas, and in the interest of perhaps making it more palatable for someone that might be downsizing, moving or whatever, I can offer several items in trade, plus cash (or all cash).

 

Beautiful pair of birch HIPs

Pair of blonde birch H2s

Completely restored Mcintosh MC250 amp

Mcintosh MAC4100 receiver with walnut case

;

 

Please PM me with any interest, and I can send photos.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I am still on the hunt for a pair of La Scalas, and in the interest of perhaps making it more palatable for someone that might be downsizing, moving or whatever, I can offer several items in trade, plus cash (or all cash).

 

Beautiful pair of birch HIPs

Pair of blonde birch H2s

Completely restored Mcintosh MC250 amp

Completely restored Mcintosh C32 preamp, with walnut case

Mcintosh MAC4100 receiver with walnut case

;

 

Please PM me with any interest, and I can send photos.

Whatcha planning to do with them?...when ya get them?  I thought you already HAD those!  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Whatcha planning to do with them?...when ya get them?  I thought you already HAD those!  

I have additional listening space as my office is no longer an office.....I have LS IIs, but would like a pair of vintage LS to play with/update, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 8:48 AM, jimjimbo said:

I am still on the hunt for a pair of La Scalas, and in the interest of perhaps making it more palatable for someone that might be downsizing, moving or whatever, I can offer several items in trade, plus cash (or all cash).

 

Beautiful pair of birch HIPs

Pair of blonde birch H2s

Completely restored Mcintosh MC250 amp

Completely restored Mcintosh C32 preamp, with walnut case

Mcintosh MAC4100 receiver with walnut case

;

 

Please PM me with any interest, and I can send photos.

Mmmmmmk.  Sounds like a fair trade to me.  How much extra cash?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Mmmmmmk.  Sounds like a fair trade to me.  How much extra cash?

All of that plus $500?   Sounds reasonable.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

All of that plus $500?   Sounds reasonable.   

Uhhh, NO.  A big OR in between each of those.  I didn't just fall off the watermelon truck.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Uhhh, NO.  A big OR in between each of those.  I didn't just fall off the watermelon truck.......

Sorry, I missed the "or".  LOL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Uhhh, NO.  A big OR in between each of those.  I didn't just fall off the watermelon truck.......

Little joke.  I know. Just read above comment quickly and took it as Carl trying to get a smile. He got one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Little joke.  I know. Just read above comment quickly and took it as Carl trying to get a smile. He got one.  

Get a smile?  I was trying to get a DEAL.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Get a smile?  I was trying to get a DEAL.

That's the moral of the story on this forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I was trying to get a DEAL.

I've got a deal for you......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Still looking for La Scalas, thanks

Better hurry, they are getting more expensive by the month and harder to find. I do happen to have another set of plain jane La Scalas but that is before I fix them up and raise the price;D Probably be my last set ever as they are getting way to high and scarce but they could go to Hope this spring. If they are still here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Better hurry, they are getting more expensive by the month and harder to find. I do happen to have another set of plain jane La Scalas but that is before I fix them up and raise the price;D Probably be my last set ever as they are getting way to high and scarce but they could go to Hope this spring. If they are still here.

Sent you a PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A set of LSBR's in great shape with a top hat grille and zero mods or things like recaps sold for $1300 in Nashville this week. Was listed for $1600.

 

 

12 minutes ago, Zack R said:

Just saw these, far away from you but they do come up now and then out here. Seems about double what the price should be though.

 

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ele/d/portland-klipsch-la-scalas/7052153693.html

 

All original heh heh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...