HELP -- I tried to cook again

BigStewMan

50 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I don't suggest anyone putting ketchup on the coffee cake....  blech.

my aunt was the epitome of "Cool" back in the day (I mean the 20s through the 60s." She could drink me under the table and she put ketchup on her French toast. I remember we were doing shots of what we called "The Jackass" which was homemade whisky -- powerful stuff. I remember telling her that I couldn't believe my 75-year-old Aunt could drink me under the table, she said, "just look at it as I have about 50 more years of experience than you do."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Try it w/some thick pork chops and let me know.  Just don't cook them as long and throw it all in initially.  Don't see why it wouldn't work.  Something to do withe the Coke mixing in w/the meat to tenderize it.  Actually a Chef I know told me about it.  Guy went to some big Chef school in NY.  He can, for sure, crank some good stuff out.  :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

He can, for sure, crank some good stuff out

I believe it.  My cousin graduated from the Culinary Institute of American in Hyde Park, NY. When he was living in Vegas,  I went to his place for dinner and it was great. I remember thinking, "food sure tastes better when someone that knows how to cook is doing the cooking."  All of that top notch culinary training, traveling to Europe to become a cheese expert (not sure if it has a fancier name) and now he's builds stuff (fences, bookshelves, small refurbishing) in San Francisco and the surrounding area. Probably cooks for his wife though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

okay, so I cooked a boneless pork tenderloin and it actually came out rather well. maybe I'm a cook after all? 

can't say I enjoyed cooking it though. too stressful. 

} Stress is over once it goes in the oven. Then relax. The stress is then on the oven —

• Like 2

Those transparent sort of loose fitting plastic? gloves have seen recently in fast food restaurant somewhere may help with that.

Do know that I tend to wash my hands at least twice after handling raw meat and the utensils as well.

Really Abit overkill but yeah...

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i’ve got OCD ... handling raw meat may be nothing big to a normal person, but i don’t do so well with it. 

So I guess that means no hunting or cleaning what you kill, I know that's silly to even say.

Chicken or any poultry is the worst, but no need to freak out, just be smart about it.

I'm proud of you, and surprised, you did well.  Probably even Surprised yourself, think of it this way, it's easier than playing a guitar. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dtel said:

it's easier than playing a guitar.

not so sure I'd go that far, but thanks.  a guitar can be frustrating at times, but OCD related things are terrifying.  probably hard for someone that doesn't have it to understand, but it is far more than just freaking out over something. it's a very destructive thing ... working hard to get back the ground that it's stolen from me. Not sure if I'll be successful, but I'll keep trying.

• Like 1