Palladium disassembly

ssmh

51 minutes ago, HenningO said:

Now I can't fix my 8000 Euro speaker because of that.

I will never buy any Klipsch speaker again because of that aweful service.

I am very disapointed. 

Very disappointing news, indeed. At least with many speakers in the Klipsch lineup, you can swap in another component if the original isn't available. Even if not perfect it's not a total loss.

Sorry to hear this infomation.

14 minutes ago, babadono said:

Ok good guys, how can we help this guy? I'd be pissed too. How long has this been discontinued? No after market diaphragms anywhere?

The Palladium line was discontinued eight years ago in 2016.  Replacement parts were available for some time, but that supply is gone.  Now you have to find sellers parting out the components of damaged speakers like the seller of the P-17B horn assembly that I poster earlier (https://www.ebay.com/itm/266640005569).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Marvel said:

Very disappointing news, indeed. At least with many speakers in the Klipsch lineup, you can swap in another component if the original isn't available. Even if not perfect it's not a total loss.

Sorry to hear this infomation.

Hi Marvel, do you think another tweeter or diaphragm will fit my Palladium P-37f?

That would be awesome.

23 hours ago, MMurg said:

There is an eBay seller selling some Palladium parts, including a P-17B horn assembly.  You could take the tweeter diaphragm out of that.  It's a bit steep a price for just a diaphragm, but it might be better than giving up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/266640005569

I already saw that offer on ebay, but the price of 750 Dollar is really a little too much. I still hope a different diaphragm will fit as well. But I don't know which one.

22 minutes ago, HenningO said:

P-37f, but for my understanding the tweeter diaphragm is the same in all Palladium speaker.

That could be good information

On 1/30/2024 at 6:25 PM, billybob said:

Not sure that Klipsch will have but you can ask. Bumping this up as several members here can answer with information, I hope. @HenningO

Tried simply speakers today.

No luck.

Would consider asking a local to you speaker repair shop to look at your horn driver on the tweeter, and diaphragm repair possibilities.

If doing this yourself, you could show us the diaphragm without removing and we could see the damage ourselves if visible.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Maybe this while waiting for a replacement to pop-up. 

Just wondering, as sometimes do.

18 hours ago, HenningO said:

Hi Marvel, do you think another tweeter or diaphragm will fit my Palladium P-37f?

That would be awesome.

It may be possible to remove the transducers from the plastic horn section and find ones that would fit.    

Can you provide photos of the rear of the assembly and, if possible, remove the transducers so we can have a peek?

Yes, some pics might determine what tweeter you could put in there. Some specs on the original would help, too. Many of the drivers used are off the shelf units, that have been slightly tweaked.  It's becomes how everything is integrated to make the whole speaker.

6 hours ago, John Warren said:

It may be possible to remove the transducers from the plastic horn section and find ones that would fit.    

Can you provide photos of the rear of the assembly and, if possible, remove the transducers so we can have a peek?

I will take out the tweeter/mid horn and make photos and show them to you. Maybe someone has an idea to put it some other tweeter or diaphragm which is still available. 

• Like 1

I doubt that some other diaphragm is going to work.  Just about everything for the Palladium series was designed specifically for that line.  I don't think parts were shared with other Klipsch speakers.