Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

2 minutes ago, NADman said:

Flaphole?  What an interesting concept.

Yes. Its probably an idea that has been around for a while.

Cat flap door, doggie door, etc...

That flap may not get much use if you're really thirsty. Thinking I need to close my flap at times...Early Times. May turn out no flap is key.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Watched the video by @Raygun

On previous page in it's entirety.

Anyone else, have any thoughts

after watching all of it?

Thanks

I watched it.  I see no reason to think the man is not an expert.  He describes viral outbreaks in terms easy to understand.  He provides all the reasons we should not have been afraid, except...

He mentioned that China fared better because it did not lock down like we did.  He said their economy did not take a hit, while ours did.  This is incorrect.  China did lock down.  It's economy has taken a serious hit.

Aside from that, let's look at his basic premise.  It is this:  "Look how it went in New York and many other places.  It's all getting better now.  There was never any need to lockdown or to be seriously concerned."  He says hospitals were not pushed to their limits in NY, and that's about all that we need to know."

What he fails to acknowledge is that the virus began in China.  China's hospitals did in fact overflow.  China did in fact go into full lock down.  China - not New York - was our model.  He is talking about hindsight after New York, with no weight given to what we all witnessed in China.  What we saw happen in China was indeed enough to scare the shiite out of all of us.  

He gives no explanation for why all the hospitals were overfilled in China, with people dying in the streets, if Covid is really nothing more than a typical flu.  

On another note not mentioned, I am seeing it all over the news how China blundered, covered it up and owes the world a lot of money.  If the man in the video is correct that this was all an overreaction, then, why would China owe us a dime?  Why would we even say China is to blame?  It was all no big deal, right?

• Thanks 1

[Removed here too. Please do not link to bitchute or similar sites. They promote and allow hate speech, something not allowed or tolerated here in any form, even by indirect links].

This video has been repeatedly removed from you tube. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I watched it.  I see no reason to think the man is not an expert.  He describes viral outbreaks in terms easy to understand.  He provides all the reasons we should not have been afraid, except...

He mentioned that China fared better because it did not lock down like we did.  He said their economy did not take a hit, while ours did.  This is incorrect.  China did lock down.  It's economy has taken a serious hit.

Aside from that, let's look at his basic premise.  It is this:  "Look how it went in New York and many other places.  It's all getting better now.  There was never any need to lockdown or to be seriously concerned."  He says hospitals were not pushed to their limits in NY, and that's about all that we need to know."

What he fails to acknowledge is that the virus began in China.  China's hospitals did in fact overflow.  China did in fact go into full lock down.  China - not New York - was our model.  He is talking about hindsight after New York, with no weight given to what we all witnessed in China.  What we saw happen in China was indeed enough to scare the shiite out of all of us.  

He gives no explanation for why all the hospitals were overfilled in China, with people dying in the streets, if Covid is really nothing more than a typical flu.  

On another note not mentioned, I am seeing it all over the news how China blundered, covered it up and owes the world a lot of money.  If the man in the video is correct that this was all an overreaction, then, why would China owe us a dime?  Why would we even say China is to blame?  It was all no big deal, right?

Yes alright thanks for that. It seems we have some difference

of opinion even amongst experts who tend to agree. One might expect there to be some like this one who answers questions yet, not always the obvious topics regarding China. No, it does look like all roads lead back to China.

Maybe it is a good thing that we have differing opinions. In retrospect yes it was and still is a

major concern in this country.

We should in my limited opinion

proceed with some respect and courtesy to China as far as reparations, as long as they are 

accommodating to a reasonable

degree. If not then, we shall see

what is next. Not familiar with the culture of China but, do know the Japanese are all about saving face.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Is that one of the cruise ships that housed the COVID patients?  That industry is sure taking a hit. When I left the Coast Guard, had a job offer from one of the cruise lines -- good thing I wasn't working on a ship when this all happened -- although, by now I probably would have given up that gig too. 

what is that picture ---------

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 000 said:

----CHINA is not telling the truth ,  do we trust them blindly or do we ask them to come clean with a bit of desperation

Used that come clean with us recently. Desperation is not a word

I  would use in high level diplomatic talks. Or, appear so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Well he’s not correct about New York’s hospitals either. They may not have ‘overtopped’ and failed but they were most certainly at their limits. It was not the total number of beds occupied but the number of ICU beds occupied. Each hospital had to repurpose non-ICU areas into ICU areas. Then they had to import enough ICU competent personnel to manage those units 24/7. Typically a hospital will have an ICU somewhat occupied but not choked with ventilator patients. These places were ventilator patients wall-to-wall. And patients were dying wholesale which created a bed availability. Like a busy restaurant filling a table 5 times a night these hospitals turned over ICU beds pretty routinely. So not only were the ICU’s full they were kept full. Furthermore to make room for non critical patients they discharged the ‘getting better’ patients to long term and rehab nursing homes and they were at maximum capacity too. 

While they did not make much use of their ‘additional’ field hospitals they got the maximum ‘plus’  from their existing network. And in hind sight they could have done better. The one glaring idiocy was using the nursing homes as clearing houses for covid19 positive patients. These covid19 patients did infect the existing elderly residents in these homes and the toll was staggering. These covid19 positive patients should have gone to those field hospitals.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-nyc-more-than-doubled-its-icu-capacity-in-weeks-2020-4

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Used that come clean with us recently. Desperation is not a word

I  would use in high level diplomatic talks. Or, appear so.

, right ,   when diplomacy fails , the next option is ?

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic