Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

• Moderators
10 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Setting aside individual behavior, societal reformation, and political actions, I see the #1 difference in the worlds response from 68-69 Hong Kong Flu and Covid-19 being the effectiviness of communication to the public of the pandemic at large. One sure thing I think we could all agree on here is that we certainly succeeded in getting everyone's attention this time around.

Did it really originate in Hong Kong?

Did Britain allow people to leave Hong Kong knowing they would spread it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Well, I couldn't stop him.

No I mean he mentioned hydroxi and zinc. Don't think he said Z-pac with it for what he was taking.  Only mentioned as far as what they would use on people who already had the virus.  Z-pac is an antibiotic and it would not make sense unless you needed the Z-pac for something you already had (other than the virus).  Not made to take that long term to avoid coronavirus as the use of hydroxi and zinc would be.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Pretty bad.  People who have to get checked regularly to avoid catastrophic issues due to having radiation and other things, could be in serious trouble.  Lack of care could cause a quick downward spiral.  Hopefully the people who say "follow the science" will start soon.

My dad has to get a monthly shot in his eye over by Round Rock, I 35 area. They set thing up pretty well. He checks in outside, they screen, take temp., text him when to go up. Only person he is in contact with is the screening lady and they are never close, thankfully they adjusted.

I had a UPS driver yesterday, no mask, wanted a signature, told him go get mask and gloves or sign for me. He asked my name, told him Covid 19, he left it in door step. It was my monthly wine shipment, an essential. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, tube fanatic said:

Dentists have been using masks, gloves, goggles, and/or face shields here for years.  Generally, their in office hygiene has been impeccable with all handles and control surfaces covered in plastic and changed between patients.  They even disinfect the arm rests of the exam chairs between patients.  Compare that with many of the medical doctors, and chiropractors, who don’t even use hand sanitizer between patients.  Chiropractors here are considered essential and were never ordered to close (and those I know don’t wear face masks either at this time).  

Maynard

Here too, I wonder why that shift in dentistry?  

23 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

No I mean he mentioned hydroxi and zinc. Don't think he said Z-pac with it for what he was taking.  Only mentioned as far as what they would use on people who already had the virus.  Z-pac is an antibiotic and it would not make sense unless you needed the Z-pac for something you already had (other than the virus).  Not made to take that long term to avoid coronavirus as the use of hydroxi and zinc would be.

Guess I could be wrong but 1 Z-Pak was what read. Did not want to post the link here but, if I see it again.

Guess I should have prologued

by saying that a WH staffer was in the news a week ago who tested positive for the virus. Staffer was around the unmentionables.

So, back to the prophylaxis mentioned by me. Is this helpful?

7 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

so getting a vaccine in a few months is not realistic

I just threw that out.  I am hoping by the end of the year, but then you have the first responders and all the other stuff (If they make the end of the year).  I believe in Murphy's law.  Of course they can't plan that in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, billybob said:

Well, I couldn't stop him.

he is taking it to ward off Covid 19  ------China used it to slow the spread  , that we know for sure ,  now WH doctors would not prescribe it to the Leader of the free world  unless they are confident in the product to a reasonable degree

• Moderators
5 hours ago, pzannucci said:

Hopefully we have an "Independent" (sure) entity evaluate the efficacity and side effects across a whole spectrum of test subjects.  Oh wait, that will take 2 yrs.

Two YEARS!? I knew they were lying to us, vaccine by end of the year, yeah right.

Another question I just thought of.  Is the common cold spread the same way as SARS-CoV-2? Has anyone here caught a cold since this started?

7 minutes ago, billybob said:

Guess I could be wrong but 1 Z-Pak was what read. Did not want to post the link here but, if I see it again.

Guess I should have prologued

by saying that a staffer was in the news a week ago who tested positive for the virus. Staffer was around the unmentionables.

So, back to the prophylaxis mentioned by me. Is this helpful?

I watched the conference while he was telling the press.  So what I am saying is only what Trump is taking to the original post, vs what is typically prescribed.

So for long term and trying to take Hydroxi for a prophylaxis, I won't think Z-pac would be part of the regime.  If you actually have COVID, that's a different story.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Here too, I wonder why that shift in dentistry?  

It was brought up about the dentist's in Maine by a female senator in the C Span video.

Those folks she interrogated said they would look into it for her.

Seems alot of ground was covered in that video. 

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

Two YEARS!? I knew they were lying to us, vaccine by end of the year, yeah right.

Another question I just thought of.  Is the common cold spread the same way as SARS-CoV-2? Has anyone here caught a cold since this started?

Probably not.  Everyone is distancing and paying better attention to hygiene. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

I just threw that out.  I am hoping by the end of the year, but then you have the first responders and all the other stuff (If they make the end of the year).  I believe in Murphy's law.  Of course they can't plan that in.

1 scientist is  claiming  summer   2020---------CNN -------https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/health/coronavirus-vaccine-moderna-early-results/index.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

he is taking it to ward off Covid 19  ------China used it to slow the spread  , that we know for sure ,  now WH doctors would not prescribe it to the Leader of the free world  unless they are confident in the product to a reasonable degree

Yes would like to think so. Being the WH doctor, would like to think he went to medical school.

Figured doctor not giving it to him for fear of mosquitos or an ingrown toenail.

1 minute ago, RANDYH said:

1 scientist is  claiming  summer   2020---------CNN -------https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/health/coronavirus-vaccine-moderna-early-results/index.html

I need to bookmark that link.  Don't know how they can test it so quickly but it is likely based on much of the cancer and HIV work where they are messing with DNA, perhaps the is a technical quick path to modification.  Would be nice.

• dtel locked this topic