Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

8 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

I watched the conference while he was telling the press.  So what I am saying is only what Trump is taking to the original post, vs what is typically prescribed.

So for long term and trying to take Hydroxi for a prophylaxis, I won't think Z-pac would be part of the regime.  If you actually have COVID, that's a different story.

For the last time, this came from a link, not a news or press conference.

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Yes would like to think so. Being the WH doctor, would like to think he went to medical school.

Figured doctor not giving it to him for fear of mosquitos or an ingrown toenail.

we know 3 things ,  wearing masks ------no ----------a few of the WH staff were infected ---yes ------- preventive action at the WH  is chloroquine  ------yes

4 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

I need to bookmark that link.  Don't know how they can test it so quickly but it is likely based on much of the cancer and HIV work where they are messing with DNA, perhaps the is a technical quick path to modification.  Would be nice.

I think 2022  seems to be a realistic date ----that's 18 months away -

1 minute ago, RANDYH said:

we know 3 things ,  wearing masks ------no ----------a few of the WH staff were infected ---yes ------- preventive action at the WH  is chloroquine  ------yes

Chloroquine, Zinc, and a Z pak in this case. Case closed...

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

For the last time, this came from a link, not a news or press conference.

I understand.  I just wanted to make clear even if the link stated it, from what I remember it was incorrect.  

When he stated it at the meeting, I could hear peoples heads pop.  So didn't figure it needed more gasoline. 🙂

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

What does a placenta, in good shape go for these days? I think the price is on the way up.

"The seven patients were treated with Pluristem’s allogeneic placental expanded (PLX) cells. Essentially, these cells can potentially suppress or reverse the dangerous over-activation of the immune system that causes death in many coronavirus patients.

Pluristem uses "donated placentas at the time of delivery of healthy, full-term babies, from healthy women under 35 years old, undergoing an elective caesarean section," a spokesperson told CBN News."

33 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Did it really originate in Hong Kong?

Did Britain allow people to leave Hong Kong knowing they would spread it?

Actually they think the Hong Kong flu originated in China (really). 

Insofar as vaccines for covid19 are concerned they will release one just as soon as they can derive one and get it manufactured. They have not put all of their eggs in one basket and are supporting several different approaches for formulating a vaccine. When some of those show promise they’ll ramp up their research and work to focus on the best option. Then they’ll scale up production to industrial sized batching and hopefully we’ll have a vaccine.  I’d wager that this will take at least 6 months but it could take much longer.

On a positive note, I read this morning that they feel that people are not getting covid19 twice. If true then those who got covid19 and survived should have immunity for at least a few years. This will help with achieving herd immunity levels. I think the minimum for herd immunity is 70% of a population.

The best news I’ve read is part of the vaccine research. Because of recent advancements they are really dissecting this covid19 virus. There has been some discussion about coming up with a vaccines and drugs that will cover ALL of the viruses. That means an end to the common cold, Ebola, influenzas, etc. The level of research being conducted on covid19 is on a scale similar to the race to the moon in the 60’s. Lots of new discoveries and lots of collateral applications. It is the sort of cash infusion the research community has needed for a long time and it should reap humanity many benefits, which is handy considering how China and Africa source animal protein for consumption.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Little scary -then again they all are - from the article:

The scientific development would be made up of a few proteins that are harmful to the human body and has already been tested on patients with risky cases of coronavirus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Well guess I may as well pop.

, not worth it --------and you are not affected ---------we lost a family member last week  --she was not  prescribed chloroquine  or a zpac  ---she asked for chloroquine , but a bozo said no , fake news ,  I am not very impressed , you got it , use it -

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RANDYH said:

, not worth it --------and you are not affected ---------we lost a family member last week  --she was not  prescribed chloroquine  or a zpac  ---she asked for chloroquine , but a bozo said no , fake news ,  I am not very impressed , you got it , use it -

My sentiments exactly, if you aren't at risk of course.  I am hearing more and more things like this and to be denied.... I guess agenda wins in a bad way.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If I post a link that's untrue just let me know and I'll delete it.

How would we know in this environment?  I guess we could cross check it against Facebook? Seriously, no doubt these things are accurate, the question is timeline. 

Vaccine realistically by end of year is game changer, possible treatments diminish in importance if they are more than 6 months away. If it is two years for a vaccine, then these treatments are much, much more important I would think.

I believe all of this type of information is important so people can assess risk. At a minimum it shows that SARS-CoV-2 is real, is serious, and people are working on it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Actually they think the Hong Kong flu originated in China (really). 

Insofar as vaccines for covid19 are concerned they will release one just as soon as they can derive one and get it manufactured. They have not put all of their eggs in one basket and are supporting several different approaches for formulating a vaccine. When some of those show promise they’ll ramp up their research and work to focus on the best option. Then they’ll scale up production to industrial sized batching and hopefully we’ll have a vaccine.  I’d wager that this will take at least 6 months but it could take much longer.

On a positive note, I read this morning that they feel that people are not getting covid19 twice. If true then those who got covid19 and survived should have immunity for at least a few years. This will help with achieving herd immunity levels. I think the minimum for herd immunity is 70% of a population.

The best news I’ve read is part of the vaccine research. Because of recent advancements they are really dissecting this covid19 virus. There has been some discussion about coming up with a vaccines and drugs that will cover ALL of the viruses. That means an end to the common cold, Ebola, influenzas, etc. The level of research being conducted on covid19 is on a scale similar to the race to the moon in the 60’s. Lots of new discoveries and lots of collateral applications. It is the sort of cash infusion the research community has needed for a long time and it should reap humanity many benefits, which is handy considering how China and Africa source animal protein for consumption.

Exactly...

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Probably not.  Everyone is distancing and paying better attention to hygiene. 

I would agree, but it spreads the same way, and colds are down as well, isn't that confirmation that social distancing works? If colds are the same as always, isn't that information that should be factored into what can be expected going forward, or no? 

Would seem to me if colds are not down in a particular area they would want to know why. I don't know if they even track colds.

Flu should also be down, correct? They track flu very, very closely. Has anyone here looked to see if flu is down nationally,  on local level? If not why has curve flattened for Covid-19 and not flu?

If flu is down, is it down by as much as Covid-19?  

Is infectious Pneumonia down?

Flu and colds would seem to be valuable controls, but even better. If you are over 60, got a cold or a flu, wouldn't it be analogous to almost being hit by a truck? A behavior changing event? Looking both ways before you cross the street, social distancing, wearing a mask, insisting others wear a mask?

Reason I ask is for a little bit this morning it felt like I had a cold coming on, but it's just something in air today. 

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic