Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

15 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

What do you mean?  Being alive is not a requirement to vote anymore. 

Yes and neither is being an actual citizen nor should there be any limits on how many times an individual votes and residency requirements not needed either. Seems to be a problem with one group only.

Just now, Dave A said:

Yes and neither is being an actual citizen nor should there be any limits on how many times an individual votes and residency requirements not needed either. Seems to be a problem with one group only.

Make sure you mail me 10 voting forms and keep them in the back seat of your car until after the election if you need them to help the numbers.

I could use someone to come by and help me fill them out.  I need help reading it and with the check box I am supposed to x.

16 hours ago, Dave A said:

The problem with testing is will  it be honest testing. Remember in Virginia right now, or at least it was this way last week, if a person tested positive for wuhan they could test the same person again if more than 24hrs had passed and count it as a new occurance. How many times will they count one individual case as a number of them. How do you trust a state that does this to be honest ever again regarding wuhan?

Answer: 1000 times, they were each paid $1,000 to be tested (they also have to vote 50 times, but that's a story for a different time. There are really only 1,000 confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the US, but I really, really needed $1,200. Turns out I don't even get the $1,200 and so I'm really upset with whomever set the thresholds. It's not what was agreed to when Bill called Warren to sort this all out.

Maybe they will get it worked this summer at Bohemian Grove.

So is that really your answer to what Virginia has been caught doing?

12 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

First, the May 4th Colorado death didnt have anything to do with the classification update in Mid-April

It clearly was an indicator that the collected data was in part bogus though. I do think in part it was responsible for forcing them to look at how they were collecting data.

9 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

I just watched a bit of the live show. Something tells me this one is really going to be worth your time. @dwilawyer pinned it on the forum earlier.

It would be so nice to chatter about Klipsch news there as much as we do about covid here.

Maybe Klipsch can come up with a "Klipsch Anti-Excessive Speaker Compulsive Buying Syndrome Vaccine"

JJK

7 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Setting aside individual behavior, societal reformation, and political actions, I see the #1 difference in the worlds response from 68-69 Hong Kong Flu and Covid-19 being the effectiviness of communication to the public of the pandemic at large. One sure thing I think we could all agree on here is that we certainly succeeded in getting everyone's attention this time around.

Well what we saw happen in New York suggests otherwise. Historically only the 1918-19 influenza comes close to a comparison with covid19 insofar as a pandemic goes. Ebola is worse than covid19 but it was kept contained to a mere epidemic. Respecting infectious diseases is lost because modern medicine has been too effective in controlling their horrors. In the 19th century annual typhus outbreaks would remove a generation of children from entire cities. The bubonic plague wiped out entire cities. They went from thriving cities to ghost towns.

Anyway..... if everyone works to keep covid19 at bay MAYBE we can start back to some normalcy. And hopefully modern medicine will again save our collective a$$es from a killer contagion. And what would’ve happened if we treated covid19 like the Hong Kong flu? Read the link about Brazil.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-52719391

• Like 1

Just peeking in it seems as though we may need more isolation sandboxes placed 6' apart.  You kids are going to have to learn to get along and stop worrying about all of this and play just a bit nicer.  It will sort in time hopefully.  Now back to my regular programming.  

Image may contain: outdoor, text that says '"And I thought it was a nasal swab." COVID TESTING IN THE REAR'

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Well what we saw happen in New York suggests otherwise.

I consider NY a wash.  There were too many mistakes made there.  20%+ of loss is likely negligence and that is not even counting the "partying politicians" leading up to the lockdown.

There was no excuse because we had already known better.

I would rather use some other place as a reference unless I misunderstood and the point you were making was what I just   

Reading it as not getting everyone's attention then ignorance is bliss.  You can tell that when the media just goes on the street and interviews random people.... makes me scared.  The world is run by their Facebook and Twitter accounts.  Nothing else get's through.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, pzannucci said:

I consider NY a wash.  There were too many mistakes made there.  20%+ of loss is likely negligence and that is not even counting the "partying politicians" leading up to the lockdown.

There was no excuse because we had already known better.

NY is not a wash. It represents precisely what we knew and did not know as covid19 1st came to town. We can claim to see the mistakes now because hindsight always illuminates errors. We learn from mistakes and do know better now. My message for this post was that if we had treated covid19 like we did the Hong Kong flu in NY could you imagine how much worse it would have been? We agree - NY could have done better, but it most certainly could’ve done a lot worse.

As an aside - interesting how we can refer to the Hong Kong flu and nobody bats an eyelash but call covid19 the Wuhan flu and you get hammered. The times are a changing.

• Like 1

Here’s a link to a paper that shows how covid19 is being studied to carve pathways for drugs to treat the disease. There are some truly brilliant minds working this covid19 problem. Viruses are not simple critters. Killing an infection without killing the patient has always been a lofty goal.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/geometry-points-to-coronavirus-drug-target-candidates/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bosco-d-gama said:

NY is not a wash. It represents precisely what we knew and did not know as covid19 1st came to town. We can claim to see the mistakes now because hindsight always illuminates errors. We learn from mistakes and do know better now. My message for this post was that if we had treated covid19 like we did the Hong Kong flu in NY could you imagine how much worse it would have been? We agree - NY could have done better, but it most certainly could’ve done a lot worse.

As an aside - interesting how we can refer to the Hong Kong flu and nobody bats an eyelash but call covid19 the Wuhan flu and you get hammered. The times are a changing.

Sorry but you know age is a factor and when you send covid positive patients back in... to me, it is ineptitude.  Makes me lose trust in anything else that comes out of there.

The more technical part of understanding the virus, I agree though there were significant mistakes.  Studies that were supposed to be done, we not done in a controlled environment.  So for every gain, you have a bunch of throw aways along with the deaths.  Pathetic in my book. 

Don't want to go down the xenophobic stupidity and name calling cause it really just is a lie.  No better way to shut people up because they don't want to be labeled RACIST... DUMB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Murphy still will not allow dentists to offer routine care:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/05/some-doctor-dental-practices-may-never-reopen-in-nj-due-to-financial-toll-of-coronavirus-health-officials-say.html

Also, opticians are considered nonessential, so if a person owns only one pair of glasses and they break, they are out of luck.

Maynard

6 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Murphy still will not allow dentists to offer routine care:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/05/some-doctor-dental-practices-may-never-reopen-in-nj-due-to-financial-toll-of-coronavirus-health-officials-say.html

Also, opticians are considered nonessential, so if a person owns only one pair of glasses and they break, they are out of luck.

Maynard

Really smart but I guess if you can't have the dentists wear masks, which they should, and shields which makes sense with a lot of procedures including cleaning, then I guess you shouldn't open.  Wait, that's the answer 😖

10 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

Really smart but I guess if you can't have the dentists wear masks, which they should, and shields which makes sense with a lot of procedures including cleaning, then I guess you shouldn't open.  Wait, that's the answer 😖

Dentists have been using masks, gloves, goggles, and/or face shields here for years.  Generally, their in office hygiene has been impeccable with all handles and control surfaces covered in plastic and changed between patients.  They even disinfect the arm rests of the exam chairs between patients.  Compare that with many of the medical doctors, and chiropractors, who don’t even use hand sanitizer between patients.  Chiropractors here are considered essential and were never ordered to close (and those I know don’t wear face masks either at this time).  

Maynard

3 minutes ago, tube fanatic said:

Dentists have been using masks, gloves, goggles, and/or face shields here for years.  Generally, their in office hygiene has been impeccable with all handles and control surfaces covered in plastic and changed between patients.  They even disinfect the arm rests of the exam chairs between patients.  Compare that with many of the medical doctors, and chiropractors, who don’t even use hand sanitizer between patients.  Chiropractors here are considered essential and were never ordered to close (and those I know don’t wear face masks either at this time).  

Maynard

Pretty bad.  People who have to get checked regularly to avoid catastrophic issues due to having radiation and other things, could be in serious trouble.  Lack of care could cause a quick downward spiral.  Hopefully the people who say "follow the science" will start soon.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Dave A said:

It clearly was an indicator that the collected data was in part bogus though. I do think in part it was responsible for forcing them to look at how they were collecting data.

The new death classifications by CDC predated the Colorado situation by two weeks. There is some correlation there?

• dtel locked this topic