Covid19 redux

Bosco-d-gama

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

If there’s a silver lining I think it is this.....   medicine initially faced a steep and deadly learning curve in how best to manage severe covid19 and medicine has learned quickly. As long as we can avoid flooding hospitals with covid19 cases medical care should be better than before. We should see quicker interventions, better medication approaches, understanding the early signs of decline to avoid crashing and demise. We should be able to isolate our elderly better. New York taught us the covid19 pitfalls, big time..... now we should de a LOT better.

• Like 1

Although the Oxford study of Dexamethasone has shown some promising effect against the virus, as of yet, there is no peer review or preprint paper supporting those findings. This finding however is new. As this steroidal drug is common, and has long been used, 

thinking that drug does not require CDC emergency approval for use to fight against the virus. However am not certain about this. All of this suggest to me we will be hearing more about Dexamethasone in short order.

23 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

...........New York taught us the covid19 pitfalls, big time..... now we should de a LOT better.

We may have learned a few things but the recent protest crowds and the rally in OK show that we’re not taking the lessons seriously.  I count 3 people wearing masks in this photo, can anyone see more?

People gather outside the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla., on Saturday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Although the Oxford study of Dexamethasone has shown some promising effect against the virus, as of yet, there is no peer review or preprint paper supporting those findings. This finding however is new. As this steroidal drug is common, and has long been used,

they will end up  using steroids for Covid 19 with Seniors at a much higher rate     , since it prevents the massive infection rates in old folks  ,  if it is administered before the virus destroys the lungs , in the end , the person avoids being placed on a ventilator withis  like having an 80% of chance of dying   /  with the cheap  steroid , they have 80% chance of surviving -

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sputnik said:

We may have learned a few things but the recent protest crowds and the rally in OK show that we’re not taking the lessons seriously.  I count 3 people wearing masks in this photo, can anyone see more?

however we are all on your side , and we all understand that masks are important-and yes , you are 100% right , masks save lives , and wearing no masks means we will have more infections for sure -

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sputnik said:

People gather outside the BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla., on Saturday.

I was referring to the medical community NOT the populace as a whole. 

20 minutes ago, sputnik said:

next week , infections rates wIll go up in OK -

Don’t mean to ruffle any feathers but despite looking for a silver lining, WE are not living by the lessons WE should have learned.  Sounds like a few posting here are physicians and certainly medical knowledge and treatment has advanced.  Also, we were able to weather the first wave (or first part of a first wave) of a pandemic with less social upheaval than I ever expected.  But, all that said, we need leadership that doesn’t contradict science and common sense.  I serve as command staff in our local fire department, as a first responder and EMT, and I look at a crowd like that in the same light as a gathering of drunk drivers.  

• Like 3

• dtel locked this topic