YouTube Spinning

Full Range

8 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Life's a golden time but the 70's?  Yikes.  Hooked up w/a couple chicks one of which married one of my besties.  The other?  Yea, we hung as close friends but not me.  Last I heard she was living like the old lady who lived in a shoe w/about 15 kids. Comprende?    :)  They were college roommates and used this as their theme song.  Once in a while I throw it down just for the grin.  Such a great song in addition to the rest of them on the lp.  Sing along time for me!

Waters runs just like water.  Sometimes he's hot and sometimes he's cold.  Me thinks it's another wallet rape but I'll nose.  I will say his "The Wall - Live in Berlin" is truly an amazing lp.  Wish I could have been there good.

Roger-Waters-Live-in-Berlin-The-Wall-90-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3umuFldCSrw&list=PLCWR7cftUj6STJIidfI3zTYKCyRpoSiCS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UObAnJSHtEg&list=PLCWR7cftUj6STJIidfI3zTYKCyRpoSiCS&index=2

I had the 45 of A horse with no name when I was a kid. Looks like I would have been 9 at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, justonemore said:

Looks like I would have been 9 at the time.

Wore it out didn't you?  Just a heads up.   @74 you're officially runnin w/the devil when I'm around.  Left of center?  Always!  

Fun watching your posts in here.  You're learnin!   For me it's just therapy!   😂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Wore it out didn't you?  Just a heads up.   @74 you're officially runnin w/the devil when I'm around.  Left of center?  Always!  

Fun watching your posts in here.  You're learnin!   For me it's just therapy!   😂

You are on song again Dave 

Keep up the therapy 

And yes I also believe it’s a money grab by Waters.

I respect the man for his achievements but I don’t have to like him 🤘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Yes I did. I shouldn't tell you this but the other one I remember having was Rockin Robin. HaHa.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, justonemore said:

Yes I did. I shouldn't tell you this but the other one I remember having was Rockin Robin. HaHa.

Rockin Robin - Tweet Tweet 🐣 

Yea I think a very young Michael Jackson also sang that song 

But it was originally by Bobby Day 1957 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, justonemore said:

Don't worry we won't tell anyone.  :)  

11 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Rockin Robin - Tweet Tweet 🐣 

Yea I think a very young Michael Jackson also sang that song 

But it was originally by Bobby Day 1957 

Me thinks you're right on both counts.  So sure Imma not even checkin you out!  :)  😂

• Haha 1

@Dave1291

We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out." - Decca Recording Company, rejecting the Beatles, 1962

Same thing with Tubular bells 

And when Branson took a punt and he at least liked it 

It was the first release on Richard Branson's brand new Virgin Records label, this album's success was the start of the multi-million pound music business empire 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tubular Bells is an amazing lp.  Always nice to throw into the mix cause it enhances and just shines.  Funny how many people have the album and love it but sad it never got the air play most stuff gets.  Crazy for sure.

Mark Cuban here in the US is a lot like Branson I think.  They're both are shrewd and wise investors who take care of their people.  Many that know him think he'd make a great President but he dismissed that quickly.  Virgin records?  A very wise move as well as his airlines and anything else he touches.  Here WE sit trying to figure out what to play next.  😂

• Like 3

Coffee just went on so gonna throw a few down just for giggles.

Jeff Beck ALWAYS stirred the pot that's a fact.  Me thinks @the real Duke Spinner mentioned something a while back .

I was in the dressing room when the Yardbirds played one nite just hangin back in '67.  Beck and Page came in all fired up talking about how the two of them just killed it.  Beck said "I told ya they'd love it" to Page bouncin all over the place.  Little did I know it was the last time EC would play with them. 

"They" had decided to kick him outta the band.  There was EC standing alone so that's where I went.  I KNEW something happened but didn't know what so I just started talking for about half an hour.  Kids just, for the most part, ignored him and I couldn't figure out why. 

I wanted something for them to sign and remembered seeing a poster on a telephone pole outside the lil teen club so I went out and pulled it off gently then took it back in. 

I asked if he'd please sign it for me and he did.  Still just a few came over w/paper for him to sign.  I waited and watched then saw some white guitar strings in his case and asked.  Yup, they were nylon wrapped and he said the reason he used him was because they were easier on his fingers and nice to work with.  Then he asked if I wanted one.  Crazy cause I took it and was looking at it. 

He picked up his guitar and started showing me how he used them and ppl came over and watched.  Amazing nite for me and he's always remembered me for some reason.  

So nice to see that the mutual respect was there w/Jeff somehow but EC did his thing and made it happen.

There's more to the story but the coffee is just about done.  lol  I've rambled enough but it's therapy for me.  lolol  Music has always held a place in my heart and I've been fortunate to do what I've loved all my life.  Just sit here and smile thunkin back on it all. 

Left of center can sometimes be a good place to go cause it's safe there.  Other times ya get your ticket punched.  I just enjoy sharin the love and experiences I've had.  Sometimes ya wind up in some interesting conversations.  Yea, therapy.  :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maybe I'm just OLD but man Bonamassa and I don't see eye to eye on a LOT of things.  Yea, he's great but I'll just stop there.  This one's a long one to view but it's a great old song done at prolly the greatest venue in the US aside from the Forum in LA.  Wait, I forgot about all the shows @! the Fillmore East and West back in the day. :)  

Red Rocks  in Morrison, Colorado just outside of Denver is the spot that just gets me EVERY time UNLESS it rains but those can be fun too.  :) 

The man had a plan when he started it in the early 1900's.  Yea, it's that freakin old and ain't goin anywhere soon.  Today, it's down to a science and if you're ever planning a trip you better get your tickets FIRST and plan around the show.  They drop the shows and you better be on top of your game.  OR ya can just shell out the big money to the scalpers and go.  That takes the fun out of ANY show if you ask me.

Back to Joe B.  Yea, he's good, darn good, but I'm not a big follower like some so I'll leave it at that.  Don't get me wrong he can get 'er done but...

This popped up on youtube and I dismissed it but then saw it was @ Red Rocks so gave it a listen.  One of my favs but it HAS to be perfect.  Perfect is was too so thought I'd throw it down.  I know, I know I've heard it all before from my brother-in-law who's a Joe freak.  Blah.  

Oh yea, crank it up!  :)

You hit the Rocks you better take you're A game and that he did.  Now I wonder if that's out on an LP.  Have to nose a bit just not too much.  😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

Maybe I'm just OLD but man Bonamassa and I don't see eye to eye on a LOT of things.  Yea, he's great but I'll just stop there.  This one's a long one to view but it's a great old song done at prolly the greatest venue in the US aside from the Forum in LA.  Wait, I forgot about all the shows @! the Fillmore East and West back in the day. :)  

Red Rocks  in Morrison, Colorado just outside of Denver is the spot that just gets me EVERY time UNLESS it rains but those can be fun too.  :) 

The man had a plan when he started it in the early 1900's.  Yea, it's that freakin old and ain't goin anywhere soon.  Today, it's down to a science and if you're ever planning a trip you better get your tickets FIRST and plan around the show.  They drop the shows and you better be on top of your game.  OR ya can just shell out the big money to the scalpers and go.  That takes the fun out of ANY show if you ask me.

Back to Joe B.  Yea, he's good, darn good, but I'm not a big follower like some so I'll leave it at that.  Don't get me wrong he can get 'er done but...

This popped up on youtube and I dismissed it but then saw it was @ Red Rocks so gave it a listen.  One of my favs but it HAS to be perfect.  Perfect is was too so thought I'd throw it down.  I know, I know I've heard it all before from my brother-in-law who's a Joe freak.  Blah.  

Oh yea, crank it up!  :)

You hit the Rocks you better take you're A game and that he did.  Now I wonder if that's out on an LP.  Have to nose a bit just not too much.  😂

He is very good but I am not into him.

JJK

• Like 3