Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
jwc

One of my patients brought me a gift

Recommended Posts

20200507_132154.jpg

20200507_132158.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool.  Can you think of anything you could use it in? It's a half wave rectifier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL.  get rid of it, safely. 

 

It has MERCURY inside it, and it is best to safely dispose of it.   Inadvertently drop it, knock it off a table or desk, and you DO have a health hazard where you reside.

 

Less than 0.1% of all tubes have mercury in them.  `Own or display................ something else please, like a large transmitting tube !!

 

Do not leave any Mercury Vapor tubes in your home or office !!  For your own personal safety, please say Bye Bye to this well-meant gift .

 

Jeff Medwin

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

LOL.  get rid of it, safely. 

 

It has MERCURY inside it, and it is best to safely dispose of it.   Inadvertently drop it, knock it off a table or desk, and you DO have a health hazard where you reside.

 

Less than 0.1% of all tubes have mercury in them.  `Own or display................ something else please, like a large transmitting tube !!

 

Do not leave any Mercury Vapor tubes in your home or office !!  For your own personal safety, please say Bye Bye to this well-meant gift .

 

Jeff Medwin

I have another tube from him that is almost 1 foot long.. Huge.

 

And it has mercury in it too.  Yes.  I'm aware. Thanks.

 

The Reason for posting; he put a MASK on it.  He had one on his face that matched it.  I should have gotten a picture.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jwc said:

I have another tube from him that is almost 1 foot long.. Huge.

 

And it has mercury in it too.  Yes.  I'm aware. Thanks.

 

The Reason for posting; he put a MASK on it.  He had one on his face that matched it.  I should have gotten a picture.

 

 

 

That is awesome!!! Take alot of juice to get that baby glowing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend had a '58 Bassman with a pair of mercury vapor recs in it.  Those things would light up brighter the more current you pulled through them.  Was a super-fun lightshow on stage, especially when he was doing punchy rhythm stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else play with mercury as a kid?  

uhhh whoops... heh errr..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, muel said:

Did anyone else play with mercury as a kid?  

uhhh whoops... heh errr..

You mean that stuff that could make dimes look brand new?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever wonder why the mercury vapor tube has no mercury in it?? 

 

Where did it go?  How did it diminish so ???

 

Could it perhaps be that the mercury leaks out of the tube, through the glass, over time.??

 

Have you ever looked at a LOT of Mercury Vapor tubes, even tubes that have been UNused and in warehouse storage for five to seven decades???   

 

Where did the tubes' internal mercury go??   Answer that question for us all please. 

 

Read this :  https://www.truehealthfacts.com/reasearch-news/Mercury.html 

 

 

Jeff Medwin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...