ho ho ho..which way did that ho go....LOL

cluless

Oh lets see, where to start?

Perhaps a decent phono preamp, or perhaps a phono preamp period.

If I had the above I would like some Rush albums on vinyl.

A couple of sheets of 3/4" birch plywood to make some speaker stands with would not go unnoticed.

Maybe a wooden cabinet to house a silk tie collection.

A used walnut end table.

A GIANT sheet of paper on which to layout actual size a massive horn loaded subwoofer(for my neighbors listening pleasure).

A nice pocket knife.

A soldering iron.

Also nice would be a Jade Bhudda statue.

And don't forget some interconnects for the ol two channel setup

Peace, Josh

I guess I'd need to know more about his hobbies and desires.

For mine, I've marked John Prine CDs and DVD (http://www.ohboy.com/) and a Triumph Tank Bag.

How about a cordless drill/screw driver. Can't live without mine (for real!).

The whole set of Clint Eastwood spagetti westerns on DVD?

A personal "watchman" color TV?

How about the James Bond 007 DVD set - can be had for around $70-$80 or so. For the truly esoteric, how about a copy of the old Buckner and Garcia classic - Pac-Man Fever album, along with the title cut, includes other such gems such as "Do The Donkey Kong", or "Froggy's Lament", and lets not forget "Goin' Berzerk" as well as "Hyperspace". 9.gif

Ah, yes, nothing like cranking up "Pac-Man Fever" on my RF-7s while cranking up Pac-Man on my PC using MAME! 6.gif

If he likes war movies, then HBO's Band of Brothers miniseries on DVD...around 90 bucks or less at WalMart. If he needs a good amp or receiver, then get him an old H/K 430 on eBay...can't go wrong with them!! One of the best old S/S recievers ever made!, providing he has efficient speakers to go with it!! Only 25 watts per channel, but sounds like 90 watts per channel!! It helps if we have some idea of his interests, though!!

Thanks

This is for my brother in law. He's into golf, cigars, beer, computers (a bit), music. He has one obstacle in the music/hometheater area...my sister(YIKES - Im related to a FACTOR). I don't think they have a DVD player (I'm considering buying them one). I do know that he has alot of vinyl. They just got a new house.

I've been bombarding him with e-mail asking for suggestions. I even sent him an obnoxious list of links as a threat of possible gifts.

Fini - Go ahead and send me your address

Does he like to play games? Does his computer have enough "horsepower" to play some of the current games out there? If so, there a ton of good choices out there. Nearly all computer games are under $50 and easy to ship. The difficult part is finding out what kind of games he likes to play, provided he even likes to play computer games at all. His interest in golfing is a good start. If he likes to play golf on his computer as well in the "real world", Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 or Links 2002 - Championship edition are both good choices, and can be had on Amazon.com for about $40 and $30 respectively. I also think Amazon.com will gift wrap and ship it to him for you.

----------------

On 11/20/2002 10:00:27 PM Invidiosulus wrote:

Oh lets see, where to start?

Perhaps a decent phono preamp, or perhaps a phono preamp period.

If I had the above I would like some Rush albums on vinyl.

----------------

I have just about everything from Rush on vinyl up to 1982. After that, I stoppped buying the techno-pop fluff they were putting out. I just played a Holland pressing of 2112 the other day that sounds outstanding! My favorite Rush song? There are a bunch of great ones, but I think I will have to go with Xanadu. To see Neil live on the drums for this one is totally mesmerizing...

Mike

I'll have to disagree with chickey on this one. To me, there is nothing like the feel of a Cleveland wedge. I have 3 of them (52, 56 and 60 degrees), and other than my driver and putter, get used more than any club in my bag. I generally carry just the gap and lob, but if playing a relatively short course, will carry the sand wedge as well. I have had mine for about 6 years now and wouldn't play with any other wedges. Of course, your mileage may vary.

If he's a good golfer, he might like 3 dozen Pro-V1's in his stocking this year. I know I would. 1.gif

Mike

max -

LOL! It looks like you get Less. However; she's definitely no prize. I wouldnt recommend letting her anywhere near your daughter though. I'd hate to hear what baby's first words would be after exposure to Less.

Chickey, & Mike - A wedgie sounded like a good idea...until you disagreed... and I looked 52, 56, 60 degrees...whats with that?....and the price, he's a great guy...but $250+?.

Gotta check with my sister about the drill, the knife was a really good idea but I've already done that. I think he definitely could use some balls, and the games sound intriguing.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Thanks!

Clu,

The Titleist and Cleveland wedges are $99.99 apiece. The numbers you saw were the model numbers - if you click on "add to cart", you'll see the actual price.

The designation of 52, 56, and 60 degrees refers to the loft of the club. The higher the loft, the shorter the ball will go. The different lofts help you be more accurate with your distance, which is critical when you are close to the green (~120 yards and in). A nice 52 degree gap wedge might be the perfect complement to a golfer who already carries a 48 degree pitching wedge and a 56 degree sand wedge. A 60 degree lob wedge would also be another nice choice.

No disagreement between Mike and I -- both Titleist and Cleveland make excellent wedges. More a matter of personal preference. Ask the recipient's significant other what kind of clubs he already has, and if he already has a gap or lob wedge. The good thing about Edwin Watt's is that they have a good return and exchange policy, so he can always exchange the club for another if it's not exactly what he wants.

C