Music to bomb Bagdad by

Colin

Well sj,

Yep, I'm sorry to say that, after all, I'm very blunt and to the point. If I were young enough, I would be enlisting as we speak. I believe in this cause and I don't say that to be crass or objectionable. I think that for the security of my nation, for that matter the entire world, SADAMN INSANE must go. However, he is not the only one... I think that their are many more to come. Let's not forget the cause. We are not trying to rule the world, we are trying to make it safe for our children.

Stand proud Americans. Here's what a rational Canadian writes.

TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES

This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.

America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given

recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from

Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television

Commentator. What follows is the full text of his

trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the

Americans as the most generous and possibly the

least appreciated people on all the earth. Germany,

Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy

were lifted out of the debris of war by the

Americans who poured in billions of dollars and

forgave other billions in debts.

None of these countries is today paying even the

interest on its remaining debts to the United

States. When France was in danger of collapsing in

1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and

their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the

streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the

United States that hurries in to help. This spring,

59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes.

Nobody helped. The Marshall Plan and the Truman

Policy pumped billions of dollars into discouraged

countries. Now newspapers in those countries are

writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is

gloating over the erosion of the United States

dollar build its own airplane. Does any other

country in the world have a plane to equal the

Boeing Jumbo Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the

Douglas DC10?

If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the

International lines except Russia fly American

Planes? Why does no other land on earth even

consider putting a man or woman on the moon?

When the railways of France, Germany and India were

breaking down through age, it was the Americans who

rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the

New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an

old caboose. Both are still broke.

I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced

to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name

me even one time when someone else raced to the

Americans in trouble? I don't think there was

outside help even during the San Francisco

earthquake.

Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one

Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get

kicked around. They will come out of this thing

with their flag high. And when they do, they are

entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are

gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada

is not one of those."

Stand proud, America! Wear it proudly!! "

Think about this at the very least. George W. Bush is bringing the problem to the forefront. He's a great American and too many don't recognize that anymore. In a few weeks I'll be laughing in the face of the naysayers. Mark my words. You are wrong and America is right. We shall soon see. Get ready to Spin Liberal traitors.

Cybergeek!

You 'DA man. I hear you. I say nuke'em and salt the land so nothing ever grows again! It is way past time that AMERICA takes it's place as the leader. Give these poor shrews a taste of freedom and perhaps they will cherish and respect it more than the liberal cry babys that are the wort on the *** of our society! As it has been said, "you never know what you had until you loose it" These liberals are not even that smart! However, I think that the Iraqi people would cherish any freedom that we bestow upon them. Much less the total freedom that they will have with Saddams head on a post! I say GO GO GO! We are way past due!

This is one of the worst threads I have ever read in here...especally these last two posts. It started with a horrible title and subject in poor taste, got a mildy better (relatively) with some exchange on history, but most of the "kick their ***" mentality and lack of high reason is an embarrassment to the United States, a nation fast becoming so culturally unaware, it's painful.

The Myopia runs deep and wide.

kh

maybe time this discussion ended eh? or else cybergeek and finster can just send their bashing back and forth via email. it's just a little bit offensive to be called stupid for your beliefs (almost as bad as racial or religeous disrespect in the eyes of some). no matter how you cut it, you're calling someone else stupid, and a crybaby, and speaking for people when you don't have the full picture of the situation.

----------------

On 1/25/2003 1:35:32 AM mobile homeless wrote:

This is one of the worst threads I have ever read in here...especally these last two posts. It started with a horrible title and subject in poor taste, got a mildy better (relatively) with some exchange on history, but most of the "kick their ***" mentality and lack of high reason is an embarrassment to the United States, a nation fast becoming so culturally unaware, it's painful.

The Myopia runs deep and wide.

kh

----------------

That pretty much sums it all up.

Mobilehomeless-----....."culturally unaware"..???????"

I guess we should turn our backs on all the ruthless, totalitarian dictators like Sodomy Hussein, right.

This "leader" of Iraq Gassed the Kurds, set up rape camps for the Kuwait women/Iraqi soldiers and used bio-weapons on his own people........I guess we should all just stick our collective head in the sand like the French and you liberals. You don't hear Kuwait crying about us kicking Iraq's *** do you?

I guess Osodomy Bin Laden, Al Qaeda, Iraq and other Islamic fundamentalist freak groups are "culturally aware" right???? That's why they killed over 3,000 innocent people at the WTC/NYC, the Pentagon etc...

I suppose we brought that on ourselves right? The US is always going around and killing innocent people in mass numbers around the globe (not). Europe and the Mid-east are scary places right now since no one over there has the balls (except England) to "do what is right" and exterminate evil people like Hitler, Saddam and Slobodan Milosevic.

When are people gonna wake up????? It might be your loved one next on the plane that is taken down by some terrorist group. Do you think if we leave those folks alone that they won't kill more innocent Americans and others abroad?? It is part of their fanatical religion to kill Christians, Americans and democratic people/societies.

Let the bombing begin!!!! My prediction is Saturday 2/15 the skies will open up in "not my Bag-hdad baby".

Mobile homeless should make a statement and join the murderer lover convoy on their way over to Iraq and play the role as human shield for them.

Bloomis----You need to wake-up. Hussein has no connections to the terrorists that attcked us. Yet you people keep saying he did. It's the old repeat the lie enough and people will believe it thing.

So Hussein is bad to his own people, so what? It's none of our business. If we were to go around attacking every tinpot dictator who was cruel to his own people we'd be fighting wars constantly. Why don't we attack the Saudis, they have a Goddam king, what's worse than that? Are we going to attack every Latin American country that has a military takeover? Are we going to attack North Korea? Zimbabwe? Burma? Indonesia? Can you see the road your logic would lead us down?

This entire thing is rooted in Bush trying to divert the American people away from the real economic problems in this country and the scandalous behavior of his cronies. Any astute person should be able to see that.

uh, I believe the sitaution arises not from bush and his cronies trying to maintain some sort of control over the oil economy, ( Russia will soon out produce the Arab countries anyway) but rather in the nature of the Arab/Israeli relationship and our commitment to the continued existance of Israel.

All brutalists from Stalin, to Pol Pot to Slobadon to Bush have exacting, precise, well considered rationalizations.

The man has been in office a little over two years and already some of you are putting him in the same boat with Stalin, Pol Pot and Slobodon? Shame on you!

Well, since youre at it, you forgot one ...

bc42.gif

Haiti

Somalia

Iraq (Desert Fox)

Sudan

Serbia

The end outcome of all rationalized brutalization is familiar - more oil, more diamonds, more redwood trees, more land, more of whatever it is we secretly coveted from the "infidels."

clinton-lewinsky.1.jpg

Iraq is a pathetic punching bag. For those who imagine them a "threat" to the US, you are contradicting the entire credibility of 50 years of defense spending. If the US is so pathetically weak and undefendable as now being claimed - - when a 4th rate country with virtually NO effective way to project power across the globe is considered a "dire threat"

1.jpg

then you would have to ask yourself this: "Why did the Reagan through Bush eras of massive "defense spending" yield so little in results?

wall1.jpg

Matter of opinion I guess. I thinik they did a lot.