I hate dumb salesmen!!!!

Stephen328

Man, went to tweeter this weekend to listen to some rb-3s. Brought my metallica S&M CD, asked the salesman(who I now think would have been better off working in a factory glueing incoregation to cardboard boxes, and certainly not boxes that will carry speakers, unless they are bose) to pop in my cd. He rudely did so, and then proceded to discover what in the hell I meant by "i would like to listen to the rb-3s". First of all they were labeled wrong, had a mirage label on em, i pointed this out him. After he recovered from the shock that a speaker in HIS prestine store was misnomered, he finally accepted it and proceeded to play my music. Something had to be hooked up wrong, because it sounded aweful. Ive listened to rb-3s before. Secondly I asked to listen to #9 Hero of the Day, he played only played like the fisrt 1:30 of it and proceeded to stop it abruptly, a good 2 minutes before the climax and return the CD to my possesion. He then promptly asked if i would like to purchase the speakers today. Holding back, i simply stated no, in a fluster why i couldnt possible not what to buy these speakers i had had the honor of demoing for a full minute, he promptly handed me his business card, mumbled something and scampered off. Damn. Don't get me wrong though, some tweeter employees ive met have been wonderful. Really helpful and know what their doing. But somethimes you just get one that sould be flipping hamburgers. sorry for the long post and infinite number of run on sentences, just trying to blow some steam. thanks.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A trick I learned from going into Abercrombie and Fitch.

When a sales person walks up to you, promptly start talking to your phone... as if someone was listening. If you are lucky as me to have a v.60i, you can just hit the side button to make it ring like a call was coming in.

To make things more interesting, if you want better service, talk about something technical and show that you have money, taste, class, power, and know how. I do this when needed and the difference is night and day.

In your case though... you talked to HIM first. Next time, walk into the store "on the phone".

Works for me EVERYTIME

(you will need a cell phone for this... hehe)1.gif

(if you are a bad actor, just call me and I will "walk you through" it while your in the store LMAO! hehe)

I need no tricks in dealing with rude salespeople.poor service (lol, stephen, and many of you are aware of my take no BS attitude). Once, I was waiting for a subway in a resteraunt, they took a good 10 minutes to make 1 sandwhitch! we are not talking 6 footers, just your regular half foot. by the time they were done with it, I no longer wanted it, which is exactly what I told them, and walked out of the store. Another time I was in Audio King (the minnesota version of Tweeter I think), and a salesmen kept hasltining me since they get paid on commition you know? now, I was actually buying some thing (a 200 disc sony CD changer), and he just got so on my nerves I told him, "ya know what, you have succesfuly pissed me off, now get out of here, I'm going to have the guy at the counter who didn't piss me off ring up my 200 disc cd changer, not you". My philosophy is, when you go into a store, you are not only paying for a product, but you are also paying for service. Since you are paying for service, wouldn't you expect good service instead of crappy service?

Very typical of Tweeter in my experience. They'll promise you the moon to make a sell, then won't give you the time of day when you need the service you paid for. Tweeter is a good example of business's that are really helping internet sales. If at all possible, I'll never do business with them again.

BTW, e-mails to their Corporate Office gets attention. You might do them the favor of informing them of your bad experiences. Do it tactfully. How tweet it is.

Keith

Keith, Thanks for the advice on Tweeter. I've been nodding my head in agreement to these posts regarding poor service. Tweeter is the absolute worst IMO!! The store in my area has terrible service. I once went into their store with a friend who was looking for a new system. We waited for literally over 20 minutes (he wanted to here the RB3's and 5's next to Boston Acoustics VRM's)before one of the 3 salsemen who were over at the counter shooting the bull decided to help us. Well, they didn't have any RB5's set up and when I asked if they could grab a set and hook them up, the reply was no. Both the BA's and the Klipsch were set up improperly so that you could not get a proper stereo image so I proceeded to adjust their positions to improve the sound. When I actually touched one of the speakers, he exclaimed "What are you doing!" and told me to get away from the speakers. That's when we left.

I guess the part that bothers me is that I have never been waited on appropriately in this store. Why do I go back you may ask? Because I just want to prove it to myself every once in a while. I watch the middle-aged men come in to "kick the tires" and they are pounced on as they walk through the door. Me, I'm left milling around on my own until I look like I'm about to break something!!

It is been my experience with Tweeter (at least in Delaware, where I shop) is that it's best to know EXACTLY what you want when you go there. It will always throw the salesmen off. I was forced to buy my Klipsch center, surrounds and subwoofer there, as they are the sole Klipsch dealer in the area. I knew it would be fruitless to try and audition these speakers...their listening rooms look like my teenager's bedroom. Based on recommendations from Klipsch, I went to the store, walked up to the first salesmen I saw, told him what I wanted and stood there impatiently tapping my credit card on the counter until he brought the speakers out and rang me up. What a hoot.

I don't like Tweeter much, but they are a necessary evil.

Kevin

Klipsch and McIntosh...a match made in heaven.

Over the summer I had the job of being the Purchasing assistant for a college back home

Basically what I did at this job was drive around in a van all day and pick up Items that people at the college had ordered, this was a great job btw.

Towards the end of the summer the college started buying a lot of things from Best Buy so I would be going in there about once a week to buy something.

After a few weeks of this it got to the point where I would walk into the store and the sales guys in the audio department would just come over and ask me what I needed them to get off the shelf for me on this particular day.

So it would happen that when I was in shopping for my own stuff I would tell them that I was just looking and I would let them know if I needed anything, then they would dissapear.

Since then I have moved to orlando and I have not trained the salesmen down here yet.2.gif

I've also found that a good way to make salesmen vanish is to do your homework before you go to the store and start spouting numbers and figures of %THD, Sensitivity, Transient attack Times, Frequency Response in relation to the 10 octaves of sound that humans can hear, etc.

Peace, Josh

WHAT BS IS THIS?

Tweeter should be called WOOFA,if a lowlife sales person would dare treat me like this I would DEMAND to have a word with his boss.The customer is king(well the good customers are).

I was at FutureShop one day just browsing the isle full of crap stereo systems,then a greasy salesman walks up and asks HOW MAY I HELP YOU? I told him I was looking for a HT system,then he told me to enter the "LISTENING ROOM" LOL they call this a listening room!? Not even closed from the rest of the megastore! I told him this was a joke and I was not going to waste my time in this room.

Walked out of the store

I like the local Tweeter (university store in Charlotte). There is one dumb@ss salesman I refuse to deal with (trying to sell me my center channel after 10 mins of browsing/demos- "can I ring that up for you, can I ring that up for you?"), but now that I know who to talk to, they are great.

When I was shopping for my center channel (which would decide how I completed the rest of the system), the salesman (Mike) told me to come back in with a selection of favorite dvd's and cd's so I could hear all the differences in the systems I was interested in (I picked klipsch of course). When I came back, he spent at least an hour letting me audition and compare, never rushing me or asking me if I'd decided yet. The best part was the dumb@ss watched me finally buy my center from the other salesman, right in front on him.

I got home theater design advice (speaker placement for pre-wiring) from these guys when we were building our new home (Mike even offered to come out and take a look so he could make good recommendations). And although they know I buy gear from the middle-range room, he they always take me into the Ultimate Audio room to show me and let me hear the newest toys.

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them, including some big-ticket items, and I will keep buying there (as long as the good salesmen are there anyway). I can't speak for other locations, but this local store is great.

John

Well, i went back to the same tweeter today. WOnderful experience. The guy i talked to was really a true audiophile. He really knew his stuff. I listened to a few songs on RF-7s and talked to him for a good hour. About all kinds of stuff. Just glad to see that some employees know their stuff. I'll definantly ask for him next time.

be wearry of salesmen who appear to know much. I have yet to meet one who does. they usually just A: aggree with waht ever I say i.e. "sir, this is the finest amplifier we have to offer", "eh, I don't like it that much", "neither do I sir!", or B: they flat out lie and make up anything they can to sell a product.

I am one of those "middle aged males" pounced upon when entering stores. I have taken to "dressing down" and not shaving when shopping for gear. It helps get the overbearing sales people to let it go at "just looking". Then it gives you the oppertunity to watch them interact with other customers. You can easily spot the winners and losers! I once watched this particular souless bastard sell a lady shopping for a college computer for her clueless daughter an extra thousand dollar's worth of equipment! 300$ battery back up so she won't lose that term paper while she is typing it, Please. I almost puked! Know what you are looking for and why so you don't get "talked into something"

A few weeks ago I went to a Tweeter in VA because I wanted to do a comparo between the Denon 3803 and Sony DA4ES. They didn't have the Denon 3803 in stock so I asked when it would be in.

Salesman's reply was "It's coming in next week but we won't put it out until all the 3802's are gone. That might take up to a year from now and Denon will probably have a new receiver by then, so you may never get to hear it. You might as well just get the Sony today because it'll be so long."

I said I didn't belive that and I bet that Tweeter probably wants a poplular receiver like that on the floor so people can hear it. The salesman just shrugged his shoulders and I said I could be right. I couldn't believe how stupid a lie that was. I left after that because I couldn't deal with someone that stupid.

I think I would be too intimidated in a place like that. First of all not knowing a ton about speakers (I know what I hear and if I hear something good then thats all that really matters to me) plus I'm 17 so they probably wouldn't take me seriously. I would really like to audition some RF3/RF7's... ....just to see what all the "hype" is about.