Ill tell ya what SUX

Jim Cornell

Well, christmas is harder this year with quiznos cutting my hours and ETC

Not only that, but i sold my HT gear several months ago,which wouldnt mean anything today anyway!

People including social services due to the 9 year olds problems, BI polar, or whatever she is, is always throwing my gear in my face!

My wife was told to make me sell all my gear!

I talked to my sister, told her christmas was ganna be really hard this year, and she replied by saying, (Well you have those big speakers!)

I sold the one set of chorus to my best freind, thing is hes broke too LOL!

Ill have to wait for the dough, no biggy!

My Klipschorns are 22 years old, not my fault they look brand new, with the mod, they look like there worth 10 grand!

They really look like a precision set of expensive speakers!

You know what gets me, no one cares to listen to these, or even talk about them, most people dont even know what klipsch is!

But they sure are quick at throwing it back in my face!

Sorry for the sob, just kinda irratated, pissed at once!

So i guess audio hasnt worn out like people say, if they can throw it in your face!

I know i shouldnt have Klipschorns, with 3 kids and a wife to support, but ill be damed if im ganna sell all this just to please people!

Klipschorns for $930.00 you know what, i havent even paid my boss back for these yet, we agreed to settle this, tax return, so thats one of the ways for me to get what i have!

Just simple and easy, wheel and deal, good talking works too!

I have my system in my closet with the wires going thru the walls, conrad johnson is well hidden LOL!

This is a small town, i wonder if id get the same treatment if we move to a city?

Well anyway, well be alright as always!

Regards Jim

Wow... Na, I would do everything to getting a second job before I rid myself of your speakers.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The economy is really starting to have an affect on a lot of people. I was on the phone with my mom tonight, sounds like my dad may be loosing his business because business is so slow.15.gif

So much for the "American Dream"... though I personally think that each and every person dreams of something else.

I really feel for you. It was not but say 13 year ago that my dad was raising 2 kids in school (me in private because the public schools were so bad) a wife taking night classes at the community college, three horses, one dog, two cats, two car payments and his first house which he had to pay heavily for to get into a decent (non gang ridden) neighborhood, all on a $27,000ish paycheck. Now things have changed but we still have those memories and I understand how you feel. he also was paying for my mother's expensive hospital bills (result of diabetes) and his own (rare, very rare, paralyzing neuorlogical disorder.... only can walk, talk, MOVE because he finally went ot the dr., three days later and he would be a paraplegic).

You go through ups and downs. My family (my parents at least) finally got the up they deserved. It all will come in time.

Good luck, I am thinking of you.

p.s., if you ever need to hide any thing, just send it over! 16.gif

I can certainly relate to you there Justin. Some 25 or so years ago, here are my parents raising 4 boys, my father making less than the $27,000 with two cars that barely ran, and living in "the projects". Nowadays, things are certainly different! All 3 of my brothers as well as myself are doing very well and my parents are making money hand over fist. I still remember those days like that myself.

Jim, I can feel for you. It is pretty bogus that people have to razz on you about your speakers just because you happen to be down right now. All I can say is keep up the hope. Things ought to get better.

Oh no, not selling anymore!

Its really hard to believe that 2 buildings, and a couple small ones, caused this much to our country!

Maybe we should of held back on the 250 billion dallars of food we shipped over there first?

And to add, some companys that werent doing very well, before this happened, used 911 for an excuse to bankrupt! Seems to me!

Not to much niceness out there is there!

Were still waiting for something else to happen, thats not a way to live!

Ill leave it alone before i get in trouble!

Anyway on the brighter side, yea, ill be working 2 jobs soon, by the looks of things, or 1 beneficial job!

Sorry, if i started something, hope not, im just watching everything change, and not for the good yet!

Regards Jim

I am in very deep sorrow, for the loss of life, and how it was, i got the 911 movie, on the spot filming, my god what an evil nightmare that was!

Oh how I get angry on this stuff...

In Bellville, go to "the projects". There you will find brand new cadillacs, suburbans and cars with $2000 audio systems. however, they get money from teh gov't for food and housing. how is it that they can afford a $40,000 car but not a house or food?

we bought our house in bellville from a guy who sold his house for $750,000 and bought a 1.4 million house just after. he has a ton of money right? ok, so does his whole family. yet his grandchild got free lunches through elementary school and up to high school. his parents drove new cars, he had new clothes and they had a great house. obviously they did not need ANY help. but they got it. $2 every day for 3 kids for 9 years, 180 days of the year. $5720! whatever.....

My deepest thank you Mike, i feel better, and also i feel the same way, they can kiss my ***!

But something else SUX now LOL!

I went over to my freinds house that has my other Chorus, they had tremendous bass the last time i was there, kinda pissed me off, well tonight i investigated his system!

This is what i found, the onkyo 787 automatically runs the sub, unless its direct!

So in the long run, im not missing to much sound in this mobile home, that was the good news!

Regards Jim

1.gif

Sounds like you work your *** off to provide, which is the right thing to do. Keeping yourself a little happy is also the right thing to do, so enjoy your speakers. It's not like those speakers are the one thing causing all of your problems. Neither are they the one thing that can solve all your problems if sold. Hang in there. A roof, food and family, that's all you need (plus speakers of course).

Well,

I know ALL ABOUT doing without. Thanks to the dire financial straights I was left in after blindly agreeing to take on all the debt involved after my divorce(there was alot more debt than I realized, thanks to her going out and running up another 35,000 in it in the 6 months after we split before the papers were filed), losing my house due to that, being stuck with trying to keep a 1988 truck with over 275,000 miles on it running so that I have transportation, watching a gun collection worth well over 15,000 bucks go for under 3,000 just because I had to have the money immediately, selling off pretty much everything else I had of value, and still having bill collectors hounding me continuously since early 2000, ending up in steadily lower paying jobs since that time, and having to dig even deeper into already empty pockets just so I can try to keep on my meds so I don't stroke out or have a heart attack because of no insurance, too...and not having the benefit of a loving significant other to help me through it all with at least moral support...well you can get the picture...

But...through all of this, I have somehow been able to retain just a bit of the few things that bring a smile to my face...my motorcycle and my stereo system...and I am at least thankful for the fact that I am still ABLE to work, even though I would be much happier if the work I do would pay my bills. I am also thankful that I have these (in many cases faceless and/or nameless) friends on this forum. Sooooo...in the spirit of the day....

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, one and all!! Take a bit of time today and review all the things each of you have to give thanks for...and enjoy the overindulgence in the bounty on your tables!!

jim please dont bum yourself out over the christmas thing, its just another day and it to shall pass.It's mostly just the kids that get any thrill out of it anyway. If your family knows your situation and has any heart at all they will understand.who really gives a crap about gifts, as an adult if you need something you buy it for yourself when you can afford it.

my motto is "any day above ground is a good day" some are better than others and a little rain must fall before the sun comes out. As long as you can hold your family together and show them your love then the rest is just a bonus.

Hang in there buddy, vent away if it makes you feel better.sometimes a helping hand will come from the least likly place.Just keep in mind the family unit always comes first and all they really want for christmas is there "dad".

hey guys,lets all go down to hope and get this line going and enjoy our work for a change.i would love to be down there right now making something i love.with hdbr showing us how to do it we could get things moving fast i bet.....well i hope evey one has a nice thanks giving and listen to klipsch all day thinking about Paul looking down and laughing at us all....you know he is.....welll good day..rick

Gee, Dale, your "Every day above ground is a good day" really perked me up... until I realized that most of my family is inturred high and dry in a Tiffany glass decorated mauseleum... but that's not for me.

Jim, you have decorated this Forum with kind, true, and often funny words. Having had my share of tough times it has always been helpful to hold on to something special... even if it is only in your mind. Klipschorns are something special where ever you may live. They bring comfort to your mind and the courage to carry on... and that ought to be worth something.

Just remember, your detractors are Bose-heads with mental blocks as to the therapeutic aspects of K-horns... to say nothing of the value they can bring when it becomes far worse than the "rainy day" of the moment. After becoming unmarried and leaving ALL of my possessions with my former spouse (at my insistance)... one of the first head/trade-offs (consulting for stuff other than money) I made were a fine set of concert weary LaScalas... and rebuilt a tube amp to bring them to life. Yeah, I not only got plenty of harrassment for not taking my share... and for trading my head-time for speakers that were too large for my then meager digs.

Well, those who made it their business to dwell upon my right to express my opinion and my resources as I think fit... just don't measure up to be listened to. Listen to your K-horns instead... they will bring you solace and inspiration to make next Thanksgiving even greater than this one. Just count your blessings... and make sure you include your Khorns on that list! I do! -HornED

PS: If you find a way to mount them in the motorhome, please let BobG and me know. 2.gif

Im ok now!

I couldnt sell the k-horns now anyway if i wanted to,

1 they will no longer fit thru the door

2 i can barely pick them up!

LOL

Thank you for the kind words, and wisdom ED, glad to see your doing ok on your half!

I talked to my Dad, ill have family to help out, till things get better!

Listen, i only have the internet till Dec 3rd, i had to drop it, ill stop in again as soon as i can!

Regards Jim