Capacitor Rabbit Hole. Just How Do You Measure?

Dave A

12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Round and it was a PITA. 

Looks like a pain.

12 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I had to make a separate board for the caps as they wouldn't fit on the back of the terminal cup like the originals.

For a while, I have been reading about what might be best

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I can't post pics any more so I texted you one.  Don't know if you can post it or not.

Having a tough time with trying to save, view or move the picture from the phone. Might be due to this computer is an old coal fired unit. 

Here is a handheld taken picture of the picture. Nice clean work. Was the PITA from trying to mount the caps on the cup, or??

carls.thumb.jpg.10954aee5e04570b7b7b107e29e643fb.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Was the PITA from trying to mount the caps on the cup, or??

The PITA was attaching the jumper wires on the terminal cup where the old caps used to sit.  There's not much room to work there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Round and it was a PITA.  I had to make a separate board for the caps as they wouldn't fit on the back of the terminal cup like the originals.

I see what you did , you replaced the tiny  caps on the board that are a mess  and OH so close to each other with way bigger caps that would have never fit on the cup  , anyways or would have dangled  -plus you extended the wiring ---PITA is the word  since the woofer has to come out , you gotta screw in the  cup , then  solder the wire extensions   to the new board  ------

carls.jpg.e7053a34c05e7c7bf25146e77d6f5063.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

you gotta screw in the  cup , then  solder the wire extensions   to the new board  ------

Everything was done outside the cabinet and installed as an assembly.  I made sure that the cap board would fit through the terminal cup board as I was building it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I made sure that the cab board would fit through the terminal cup board as I was building it.

great idea    -------I was gonna go the other route , buy 2 square HII crossovers -cut it out --I guess a smaller board through the TINY  hole works , eh- and that board is either glued down  with strips of double sided  tape --or screwed in  --with my big  hands , best , I let  the Mrs handle that part  --APPRECIATED CARL

33 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

great idea    -------I was gonna go the other route , buy 2 square HII crossovers -cut it out --I guess a smaller board through the TINY  hole works , eh- and that board is either glued down  with strips of double sided  tape --or screwed in  --with my big  hands , best , I let  the Mrs handle that part  --APPRECIATED CARL

Just how big are they?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billybob said:

Just how big are they?

-the KG series cups were just as small  ---check the autotransformer - but I gotta give credit to klipsch , square cups for the H2  were the right choice -

carls.jpg.e7053a34c05e7c7bf25146e77d6f5063.jpg

• Like 1

• dtel locked this topic