Anyone interested in Oak Chorus II in Minneapolis?

HiFi Heaven

I have a chance to buy back a pair of Klipsch Chorus II's that I sold to a local friend a few years ago.

What should I offer the owner, and what to expect to sell them for, to be fair to everybody involved? 

They will need a new home - no room to keep them here - I have Klipsch stacked to the ceiling times 4!

I can demo them on my ADCOM system and instantly A/B compare them with my Forte II's and Quartets.

Thanks to all, I've been enjoying the Klipsch Forums for many years!

7 hours ago, HiFi Heaven said:

I have a chance to buy back a pair of Klipsch Chorus II's that I sold to a local friend a few years ago.

What should I offer the owner, and what to expect to sell them for, to be fair to everybody involved? 

They will need a new home

At times I have purchased back speakers / equipment from friends or family that either upgraded or could no longer use such things, my general rule has always been (assuming no damage has occurred) to pay exactly what I sold them for-- which was always a good deal. If he (she) is a friend they should not expect to profit off you, especially if you cut them a great deal. If they want to earn a profit they should have to do the leg work and earn it IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

At times I have purchased back speakers / equipment from friends or family that either upgraded or could no longer use such things, my general rule has always been (assuming no damage has occurred) to pay exactly what I sold them for-- which was always a good deal. If he (she) is a friend they should not expect to profit off you, especially if you cut them a great deal. If they want to earn a profit they should have to do the leg work and earn it IMO.

I was writing something similar, but @jjptkd said it better than me.

Hopefully they are in the same condition.  At the price they paid, they enjoyed them for several years for free.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HiFi Heaven said:

--1500$ selling price   if they are great condition -

$1500 for oak chorus2?   thats high end ebay prices... 

just for reference, a pair of oak chorus in excellent condition in the same general area were just listed for $800,  i spoke to the guy & could have got them for $750 but timing didnt work out. 

i sold 2 sets of oak chorus 2 recently, one without risers to a friend for $750 & the other mint condition pair with risers for $900.  by all means get as much as you can for them, but i think $1500 might be a little optimistic for oak chorus2 unless 100% mint with original boxes & the right timing for the right buyer which may take awhile to find. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, HiFi Heaven said:

What kind of question is this? Who would know better than you what they are worth, to you, better than you, who both bought and and sold, and potentially repurchased the exact same pair a second time around. Why even ask that here in Garage. Post the sale with pics and prices. No bush beaters needed here. We already know what they are worth to us.

Thanks for your (mostly) instructive and helpful comments!  I'm expecting delivery in a few days, when I will post photos of these speakers.

Musician owner assures me they are firing on all 8 cylinders. They will be tested here w/pink noise on a 1/12 octave audio spectrum analyzer.

I can supply - or install - Titanium HF diaphragms - I stock them here for Klipsch Heritage and KG upgrades.  Opens the air above the music.

Again, I can't offer a price yet since I don't know my cost!  Innuendo like "We already know what they are worth to us" is meaningless jive BS

without a serious offer.  We all have the same Heritage Excel database.  I will post a FOR SALE ad when they are ready to go. Thanks guys!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iaRIVR said:

I've seen them listed around here for $1200+.

listed or sold? & what condition/finish were they?  not doubting you at all, but i check this midwest area regularly & havent seen any chorus 2 in average condition for over $1000 in quite awhile... except on ebay. 

aside from the ones i mentioned above,  i actually just saw/missed a pair of mint black chorus 2 with the original shipping boxes for $800.  the same seller also had a pair of custom piano gloss black chorus2 that looked great for $800 advertised & agreed to take $600 for them, but the timing didnt work out for me & he sold them pretty quick locally. 

not saying they dont come up for $1200-1500, but those prices are definitely on the very high end of current market prices in this area & usually only seen on ebay & even then they sit for many months before they sell & its frequently a best offer accepted sale.  but as we all know, klipsch prices are all over the place lately. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

listed or sold? & what condition/finish were they?  not doubting you at all, but i check this midwest area regularly & havent seen any chorus 2 in average condition for over $1000 in quite awhile... except on ebay. 

aside from the ones i mentioned above,  i actually just saw/missed a pair of mint black chorus 2 with the original shipping boxes for $800.  the same seller also had a pair of custom piano gloss black chorus2 that looked great for $800 advertised & agreed to take $600 for them, but the timing didnt work out for me & he sold them pretty quick locally. 

not saying they dont come up for $1200-1500, but those prices are definitely on the very high end of current market prices in this area & usually only seen on ebay & even then they sit for many months before they sell & its frequently a best offer accepted sale.  but as we all know, klipsch prices are all over the place lately. 

Good point- I only saw what they were listed for not what they sold for. I check regularly but I don't track, so take my estimate with a grain of salt.

I could also have a pair and am trying to drive up prices...

Side note, there were a pair of Khorns this weekend for $1000!!! Someone helping their parents move. Deal of a lifetime if that's what they went for.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 12:26 AM, HiFi Heaven said:

They will need a new home - no room to keep them here - I have Klipsch stacked to the ceiling times 4!

Here's a great idea you forgot to consider. You space is limited, so why take possession at all? Offer to help your "friend" with pricing and listing. Your "friend" will sell them fast at a fair price and be greatful to you for your help. Thats what "friends" are for. When my "friends" turn to scalping my stuff, I am not so pleased with the "friendship".

5 hours ago, iaRIVR said:

Good point- I only saw what they were listed for not what they sold for. I check regularly but I don't track, so take my estimate with a grain of salt.

I could also have a pair and am trying to drive up prices...

Side note, there were a pair of Khorns this weekend for $1000!!! Someone helping their parents move. Deal of a lifetime if that's what they went for.

B)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

When my "friends" turn to scalping my stuff, I am not so pleased with the "friendship".

You sound like you've never given a friend a real deal, like lost money on the transaction. When you do this it's kind of a slap in the face if that "friend" wants to raise the price on you to buy it back even more so when you dont want said item and it's just work for you to move it not to mention tying up the cash. 

UPDATE Thursday 2/25/21 - 10PM CST

Oak Chorus II's will arrive 3PM tomorrow when I will test them on a Marantz 5002 and shoot photos on a Sony/Zeiss camera.

Woofer & Passive cones are flawless. Sides are gorgeous. Tops are smooth, have water marks. No risers or badges.

Shoot me your direct email with an offer, I'll send cellphone photos from the 2nd owner. Better photos tomorrow.

I see local prices have gone crazy - $1000 Forte II's on Facebook yesterday, $1800 Heresy HBR's on CL tonight!

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ele/d/saint-paul-klipsch-speakers/7282951221.html

Please send your phone # and best time to call along with your questions - I talk much faster than I type!

Cheers, Steve

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HiFi Heaven said:

UPDATE Thursday 2/25/21 - 10PM CST

Oak Chorus II's will arrive 3PM tomorrow when I will test them on a Marantz 5002 and shoot photos on a Sony/Zeiss camera.

Woofer & Passive cones are flawless. Sides are gorgeous. Tops are smooth, have water marks. No risers or badges.

Shoot me your direct email with an offer, I'll send cellphone photos from the 2nd owner. Better photos tomorrow.

I see local prices have gone crazy - $1000 Forte II's on Facebook yesterday, $1800 Heresy HBR's on CL tonight!

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/ele/d/saint-paul-klipsch-speakers/7282951221.html

Please send your phone # and best time to call along with your questions - I talk much faster than I type!

Cheers, Steve

more like some people have gone crazy...